Quick Opinion Needed!!!

c6mq

Sailing on the Triumph 9/6/10

Currently have an OV main.

I can upgrade to a Balcony Guarantee for $50 total more.

The lowest balcony rooms available are right above the piano bar & lounges in the rear area of the ship.

Would this be a good move or not? I am worried that if we get one of the rooms above the piano bar or lounges we will not get much sleep:confused:

We could get lucky and not get one of those but I wanted to look at the worse case senario....... anyone have experience with rooms right above the action?

Thanks in advance for everyone's quick response!:)

I had a chance on a 4 day to upgrade from a aft OV to a balcony for $40 ... I wish I had done it.

Im not sure how long your cruise is ... but if I had had a TA that was easier to work with I would have taken it.

OV is 220 s.f. and a balcony is 185 s.f. plus at least a 35 s.f. balcony.

Sailing on the Triumph 9/6/10

Currently have an OV main.

I can upgrade to a Balcony Guarantee for $50 total more.

The lowest balcony rooms available are right above the piano bar & lounges in the rear area of the ship.

Would this be a good move or not? I am worried that if we get one of the rooms above the piano bar or lounges we will not get much sleep:confused:

We could get lucky and not get one of those but I wanted to look at the worse case senario....... anyone have experience with rooms right above the action?

Thanks in advance for everyone's quick response!:)

Do it. You won't hear noise. I want to have a balcony sooo bad but so far can't really afford it.

Thanks everyone, my TA called me back & it is a done deal.... Woohoo!!!

Now just have to wait & find out where.

I wonder if I'll have to wait until arriving at port, either way a Balcony it will be.

Thanks everyone, my TA called me back & it is a done deal.... Woohoo!!!

Now just have to wait & find out where.

I wonder if I'll have to wait until arriving at port, either way a Balcony it will be.

I've never used a TA before. If you still (or maybe your TA does it for you) need to print your cruise docs, it will probably be there. Depending on how far out you are from your cruise, I think you can find out before you board.

I've never used a TA before. If you still (or maybe your TA does it for you) need to print your cruise docs, it will probably be there. Depending on how far out you are from your cruise, I think you can find out before you board.

We leave a week from tomorrow so I have been checking my online documents over this weekend of course I guess the room assigners get weekends off....... Maybe I will find out tomorrow.

We were in cabin 6404 on the Glory (which is a little bigger than the triumph but the room is in the same general vicinity) which is right above the lounges near the elevators and I can honestly tell you there wasn't a lot of noise. Occasionally you would hear someone but beyond that it was quiet. The noise from the lounges didn't float up as much as we thought they would.

You'll LOVE the balcony, order your room service coffee in the morning and watch the sunrise over the water.

We're sailing in October and I can't imagine being in a room w/o the balcony, this time we're up on the Panorama Deck, hopefully the movie screen won't keep me up at night. :D

We were in cabin 6404 on the Glory (which is a little bigger than the triumph but the room is in the same general vicinity) which is right above the lounges near the elevators and I can honestly tell you there wasn't a lot of noise. Occasionally you would hear someone but beyond that it was quiet. The noise from the lounges didn't float up as much as we thought they would.

:D

I take lunesta so maybe the noise won't be a problem. I am glad to hear that someone has been above the lounges before & did not have much of a problem, thanks!

I'm glad you took it. You will be happy with it. We have had that area and could hear base some but it wasn't enough so that it bothered us that much. What bothered us more was smelling hamburgers cooking in our room:confused:. We never could figure that out. It was just on occasion but nearly every day. Our neighbors did not have the odor.

Archived