Carnival Discounts?

yogimax

We are planning a family get-together on the Triumph on September 5th. We will need 4 or 5 cabins. The Carnival rep has quoted a price of $499 plus taxes per person for category 4A. I have searched at least 5 cruise sites and the lowest price is the same $499 offered directly from Carnival. Does anyone know if there is anyone out there that discounts from the official Carnival price?

Thanks,

Bill

Yes..there are some additional discounts through Internet based agencies...Some discounts come in the form of a MC gift certificate..Others will discount the price straight up. However you need to call them since they cannot advertise a lower price.

this basically goes along with what the last post said. But as of the beginning of the year, Carnival has banned other agencies from advertising prices that are lower than their own. Your best bet is to call around and see what agency gives you the best "unadvertised price."

Thanks,

Do you happen to know which agencies might offer Carnival discounts? Before this year, I used to get good deals on Sky Auction, but both Carnival and Royal Caribbean stopped them from auctioning their cruises!

We arent allowed to mention the names of agencies on this board, but as the other said call around and ask for the lowest price.

Hey just a gentile question of a relative neophyte, why are we "not allowed" to say names of TA's and agencys etc, to ensure the administrators non-rev privileges and other perks are protected? Although understood to a degree, in the long run I think it diminishes the ability of this site to help other cruisers i.e. in finding the killer deals and help in staying away from trouble i.e. bad TA's and bad cruise lines/ships, something I would think is of primary value to everyone. I think in time unanswered needs just get pushed to a different part of the web anyway. Not like a prohibition on one site will stifle the dialogue completely or indefinitely. The World Wide Web is an incredible thing for sure.

Hey just a gentile question of a relative neophyte, why are we "not allowed" to say names of TA's and agencys etc, to ensure the administrators perks are protected? Must be since, after all this is the World Wide Web. Although understood to a degree, in the long run I think it diminishes the ability of this site to help other cruisers i.e. in finding the killer deals and staying away from trouble i.e. bad TA's. I think in time unanswered needs just get pushed to a different part of the web anyway.

Of course money and advertising $$ come into play. Since we dont pay a dime for this invaluable info, I think its a fair trade-off

We use to have TA'S on this site posing as cruisers. They would start thread and say" I have a great TA her name is xxx and you can reach her at 555-1212".

This has been the policy for 6+ months and I think it has cleared out alot of TA'S spamming or slamming for business.

If people have a need to discuss, promote, advertise or bemoan TA's there are other sites that welcome such conversations. I think the majority of people here have learned to accept the rules.

You might want to check out the following thread, it was started around the time of the boards policy change.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=59505&page=1&pp=25

Like I said, I can understand the "whys" and I thoroughly enjoy purusing this site. I just don't think in the long run you can control exchanges of information over the internet and leave a lot of the detail (that people often want) out thats all. People just go elsewhere to fulfill the need. Starting a board is not that difficult. Thanks for forwarding the link as a refresher, I do appreciate it.

Like I said, I can understand the "whys" and I thoroughly enjoy purusing this site. I just don't think in the long run you can control exchanges of information over the internet and leave a lot of the detail (that people often want) out thats all. People just go elsewhere to fulfill the need. Starting a board is not that difficult. Thanks for forwarding the link as a refresher, I do appreciate it.

That's the great thing about the internet. Anyone can start a board and make their own rules and policies.

Archived