Romance at Sea...

I think just being on a cruise with your honey is romantic enough! When hubby sees me on the formal evenings (I make him leave the room while I get ready and surprise him at a pre-arranged spot), now, THAT's a romantic look!

You really don't have to do anything out of the ordinary...just pay attention to the one you love....that's something special, as "everyday" life seems to get in the way of those moments!

See, I think things like flowers, strawberrys, etc...are a total waste of money. Sure, it seems nice, but I don't need THINGS....emotions are more important!

I know you wanted responses from the ladies... but I think I can answer for my wife... its all about surprises... surprise her with a specialty restaurant night... surprise her with a side trip that she has been wanting to do but she thought was sold out... surprise her with a special gift from the ship that she had her eyes on... as Gomer Pyle would say "SIRPRIZE SIRPRIZE SIRPRIZE!"

:D

I love your idea about the secret rendezvous on formal night, Thanks!

"meet me at the schooner bar in half an hour" whooo hoo hoo! Exciting!

My honey and I have yet to cruise together (can't wait until January though). However, we did a "rendezvous" on our vacation a few years ago. The resort we stayed at had a casual dining area and a more formal area. Because of poor service at breakfast one day, the resort treated us to dinner one night in the formal dining room.

He had finished getting ready before I did that night so he did the "meet me at the bar when you're ready". He didn't see me walk in so I snuck up to him and sat next to him at the bar. I caught his attention and we started playing it up like we didn't know each other. We played this game for a while and then......his 22 year old daughter showed up to join us. Game over....but it was fun!

I know our cruise will be romantic. He is always finding new ways to surprise me when I am least expecting it.

My husband most always buys a single rose bud vase from the flower cart. It has become somewhat of a tradition on our first evening. Sometimes he picks it out sometime we go together so I can pick the color. It is the best $6 he spend all cruise. :)

Have a good sailing and how nice that you want to make the cruise a special event.

M

My husband does a lot of little things beforehand to surprise me. Most recently he got a small jar and somehow printed a picture from the internet of the ship we were on (Freedom of the Seas) and the date of our cruise. He stuck the picture on the jar and inside filled the jar w/red hearts and buried small little notes, one for me to read each day. They were cute notes about how he felt about us, me, being on the ship, etc. It was really nice. This would be something easy to make and hide in your luggage and it was fun grabbing a new note each morning. Have a great cruise.

The champagne and chocolate covered strawberries is nice to get on your first night too. My sisters and I went on a cruise..just the girls..2 years ago..and our husband ordered that and had it waiting in the rooms for us our first night with a little "secret admirers " note..it was really nice.

Out next cruise is my hubbies birthday and i think i will do the same with the little birthday cake delivered to our room for him.

I took my DD on a seior trip with friends and my hubby surprised me by having a dozen rosed in the stateroom waiting for me. On our last cruise he had two or three cards that he had bought and had the stateroom attendant leave them on the bed at night when he made up the room.

It doesn't have to be anything big, a card left on the bed, a love letter telling her how you feel about having her in your life, your song played in the lounge. It is the surprise and the idea that you made the effort that counts!

Enjoy!

Archived