Best Month to cruise

amlindmark

Personally, I'll be doing all my future cruising when there are less kids as well...so that means I'll be less likely to cruise during the summer or holidays.

My kids are older now and I'm happy to spend my time with adults.

Any month that has a vowel in it!!

lol...or any month with three or more letters. I have cruised just about every month and love them all. Since I live in the Midwest, leaving in the winter, with threats of snow, airport closings and delays are more of a concern than hurricanes for me. So I prefer sailing the Southern Caribbean during hurricane season.

All depends on the intinerary and your budget. I see you are from MA and that means you have long, cold winters. I'm in New York and my wife and I like to cruise in February for our "mid winter" get away - this helps us get through the winter (Christmas is long gone, we generally have our taxes filed and out of the way, and this is the "pick me up" we usually look forward to get us through until Spring) - this year is the exception, we're doing a land based trip to Aruba in March because we're traveling with friends. Naturally, if you're selecting a "limited" itinerary such as Alaska or Bermuda then you are much more restricted when you can actually cruise. Give us more details on your plans so we can help you select the "best" time for you to cruise!

All depends on the intinerary and your budget. I see you are from MA and that means you have long, cold winters. I'm in New York and my wife and I like to cruise in February for our "mid winter" get away - this helps us get through the winter (Christmas is long gone, we generally have our taxes filed and out of the way, and this is the "pick me up" we usually look forward to get us through until Spring) - this year is the exception, we're doing a land based trip to Aruba in March because we're traveling with friends. Naturally, if you're selecting a "limited" itinerary such as Alaska or Bermuda then you are much more restricted when you can actually cruise. Give us more details on your plans so we can help you select the "best" time for you to cruise!

I could be wrong, but I dont think the OP was asking for advice. Sounds like they was just asking as a general question.

To me March and April is the best cruise weather. Not too cold when you leave the states - not too hot on the islands and you avoid hurricane season. March (and part of April) you will run into a lot of kiddos and it will cost a little more. Too me it's worth the added expense because I don't like to spend the first and last day of the cruise wearing warmer clothes.

I was thinking of planning a fall cruise, what do I have to know re: hurricaine season...What should I stay away from?

Hi Kattie, and welcome to the boards. Well...June 1 through November 30 is hurricane season. Shouldn't scare you away from those months, because about half the cruisers do so during those six months.;) I live beachfront on the MS Gulf Coast, and have had my share of hurricanes - still I am safer on a ship than in my own home during a hurricane. The captain WILL take the ship out of harm's way, and the most you would experience is the possibility of a skipped or changed port.

Living in cold N.H. I love to go cruise in January. After doing so a few years I tried to go twice a year, Jan. and May (addicted you know). However, am back in school so had to back it down to May only. (Graduate in May) After May I am aiming for Jan & May again. Just can't get enough and love to cruise

that doesn't include a school vacation. I love kids, with three of my own and six grands and I've worked with the little darlin's for 35 years. No, I'm not burned out, in fact I retired and just went back doing the same thing I did before. I just can't stand the unsupervised, slack-jawed, irresponsible, cocky, little darlin's on my vacation! :cool:

I usually book early September cruises - one reason being that most parents won't take their kiddies out of school right after the fall session starts!:D I like peace and quiet on my vacations.

I'm a school bus drive. And a lot of school are now going to what they call year round calendar. That means, 2 mths out for summer and weeks out though out the year.

We get the 3rd week out in Sept. every year, this is when I cruise. So what I'm trying to say, it as these schools change you will see more and more kids on ships on the weeks in Sept. Feb. April.

I like the week prior to Christmas. The rates are still cheaper and the climate in the Caribbean is much cooler. The crowds are not so bad either. However, If I had the opportunity to go on a cruise, any month would be a good one!!!

I like the week prior to Christmas. The rates are still cheaper...

Hmmm. Not so with my son's cruise. He had booked a November 11 cruise on the Holiday - then a coupla weeks later, he had to change it to Dec. 20-25. For the same category OV cabin, it was a whopping $170 more pp because of the holiday sailing.:eek:

Archived