Does anybody else feel this way?

igo2travel

I too love the photos with reviews.

If you're looking for photos of a certain ship, you can also check out youtube and type in a ship's name and get a lot of walkthrus of ships.

Very true that is one engine I dont use is youtube.. dunno why..:confused:

I would like a site on here with pictures of each indiviual ship. I know I can go to the ship site but I would like peoples snap shots (are they called that anymore) not professional shots. In other words - John posts a bunch of photos he has of the Freedom, same with Jane, Sam, Cindy etc. I would love to be able to see cabin photos, candid shots and such. We are going on a back to back on the Freedom and would love to see more of it but from a cruisers perspective. I agree that people should thumbnail picture in reviews and if I want to view them, just click on. I also think that reviews should be in the review section rather than on this forum. I can, with a click, go over there and pull up reviews as I want them.

I don't know why you couldn't do that here. Start a thread "Carnival Valor - Photos Only" or some such thing, and hopefully people would post. I know that on some of the other boards, Princess for example, they do that. Before I booked my aft balcony on the Sapphire Princess I wanted to see some good photos, and they have an entire thread that's just pictures of all of the aft balcony cabins on all of the Princess ships.

I'm a very visual person; I like to see what I'm getting myself into! ;)

I don't know why you couldn't do that here. Start a thread "Carnival Valor - Photos Only" or some such thing, and hopefully people would post. I know that on some of the other boards, Princess for example, they do that. Before I booked my aft balcony on the Sapphire Princess I wanted to see some good photos, and they have an entire thread that's just pictures of all of the aft balcony cabins on all of the Princess ships.

There is a photos only board already.. albeit some dont like it.. but there is one..;)

There is a photos only board already.. albeit some dont like it.. but there is one..;)

Yup, but it's extremely difficult to maneuver. Personally, I like Cruise Deck Plans.com (I send them pictures of our cabin after every cruise), but they don't always have what I'm looking for.

Yup, but it's extremely difficult to maneuver. Personally, I like Cruise Deck Plans.com (I send them pictures of our cabin after every cruise), but they don't always have what I'm looking for.

Have you msgd the proper people to see if they can fix the board here??

Off subject a bit..OkWriter and Mariner..posters 9 and 10..sometimes I get you mixed up..just with your happy humor and outlooks..always appreciate how you pop in and it's cute to me that you are side to side.

Lot's of life challenges and changes presently and no place in the planet has made me more greatful, happy and sane. Meeting good people and seeing the visual of good times to come. These triptiks and sharing your families and your good times and the comfort zones in so doing..means everything...these photos you good folks post however you cut through the tech..makes no difference to me..I appreciate every effort...and they have allowed me to add getaway when I felt it was impossible and with all the info here I'll pobably figure another quick exit before Bermuda.

Well this thread was good for my attitude of grattitude...post em please however you can..I am giving myself 400 days to learn to do something with my Bermuda trip..I allow tech to be too overwhelming..not the type...thanks all..sjn.

Off subject a bit..OkWriter and Mariner..posters 9 and 10..sometimes I get you mixed up..just with your happy humor and outlooks..always appreciate how you pop in and it's cute to me that you are side to side.

Lot's of life challenges and changes presently and no place in the planet has made me more greatful, happy and sane. Meeting good people and seeing the visual of good times to come. These triptiks and sharing your families and your good times and the comfort zones in so doing..means everything...these photos you good folks post however you cut through the tech..makes no difference to me..I appreciate every effort...and they have allowed me to add getaway when I felt it was impossible and with all the info here I'll pobably figure another quick exit before Bermuda.

Well this thread was good for my attitude of grattitude...post em please however you can..I am giving myself 400 days to learn to do something with my Bermuda trip..I allow tech to be too overwhelming..not the type...thanks all..sjn.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise!!

This is what I was talking about - right on this board. I tried the photobucket thing and did get to see lots of pictures though, so this is a good alternative. Thanks KruznKel for the heads up on that. I have gone to decks one but only about 20 photos but none of what I really wanted to see. I was hoping to see more photos of the oceanview with picture window - that is what we have for 1st leg of b2b. We have an interior for second leg but I have stayed in one before so know what it is like.

Ya' know... last year on our September cruise with the Crazies my camera went missing and never found it's way home. That was the most difficult review I've ever written. Had it not been for many of my friends adding pictures I don't think I could have gotten it done.

Pictures do so much to enhance my meager ability to describe a scene or a moment that a review without them is like an empty shell. I'll always have pictures in my review... and keep my camera in my hand...

;)

Just yesterdsay I found something that might fit my niece's college play clothes fashion but I have to picture send it for the ok well..this lack of knowledge I will break through...it is so much easier than the mess of hard copy organizing when one thinks about it...Mach you have the good humor, good words and good photos..it is a great combo..thanks. sjn

I really enjoy a review with pictures. the reviews that don't include them and then don't write in paragraphs don't hold my attentions they are just to hard to read. plus never cruising I so love to look at what will be our home for a week.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise!!

Thank you so much..I have been under weather in several arenas slowly better every day..just life when tough..and it has been the power of positive thinking and trust building and keeping travel dreams alive here..keeping my mind on the good stuff and positve to come..(travel my main main passion) here..it's magic this place..it really is..all is good..you have wonderful travels too!!!:):)

And now not with 5 suitcases like I did to study in France in 1980:eek::eek::D.;)

I get confused monitoring searching there..but that doesn't always mean anything:p.

So I just love it all together even if somone hits the quote and there are too many repeats..then I just catch something I didn't see before!!!

I agree, I just wish that everyone would learn (or we would teach each other) how to properly size the pics so they don't take up the whole screen. Sometimes they are so big they don't fit on my screen.

I couldnt agree with you more! This site should auto size them if they are to large

I love photos with the reviews. Before I went on my first cruise, I learned everything there was to know about the ship. I looked at tons of photos. But still, when I got to the pier, I was blown away by the ship. I stepped aboard and I had a feeling of, "I've been here...but I haven't!" It was great. Didn't spoil anything for me. I'm glad I studied the ship so I didn't have to spend days learning where everything was. It made it so much easier for me. Sometimes when you're reading someone's review and they have photos of an excursion and can help you decide if you want to do that particular excursion. But to each their own.

I wish there was a separate board or area for picture posting. I want to read the reviews, but I don't want to see people's pictures. I just want to experience everything for the first time myself. It's funny when I'm reading a review and come across a picture. I try to look away but of course have to keep one eye on my scrolling so I don't miss the words. Thoughts on that idea of a picture posting area?

There is an entire review section ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/

and the member reviews have no pictures. According to the CC home page, there are over 50,000 member reviews in the review section.

Archived