N O Triumph Beware new rules

appleuser

Just off Triumph today. New rules -All liquids have to be in carry on. We were notified by men in parking garage and we had to remove all liquids from checked luggage. We had to completely re-pack in parking garage & carry all water and other liquids thru x Ray machines. Nothing was torn apart or opened -I had some vodka carefully sealed and wrapped in with tonic and there was no problem -went right thru. But some alcohol was not carefully concealed and was confiscated from other people. We were told this is a new rule from Carnival.

Just off Triumph today. New rules -All liquids have to be in carry on. We were notified by men in parking garage and we had to remove all liquids from checked luggage. We had to completely re-pack in parking garage & carry all water and other liquids thru x Ray machines. Nothing was torn apart or opened -I had some vodka carefully sealed and wrapped in with tonic and there was no problem -went right thru. But some alcohol was not carefully concealed and was confiscated from other people. We were told this is a new rule from Carnival.

ALL liquids? or all beverages.

I know the 12-pack per person and bottle of wine MUST be carried on, but shampoo, contact lens solution, lotions, etc. etc...EVERYTHING you CAN'T have in your carry-on while flying (well over 3oz.) is now going to have to be carried on the ship??? That's not going to be fun for passengers flying in....

Yes but still nice to know whether or not they're enforcing it in NOLA. We planned to put all our mixers in the carry on - ordered bottles from Bon Voyage. Would rather pack it than lug it but you gotta do what you gotta do. I make a lot better bloody mary than Carnival does! :) Where was your vodka/tonic?

I had filled a couple of tonic bottles with vodka and re sealed and put in plastic bubble wrap and then in zippered plastic bags in my checked bags. Our cruise version of skycaps stopped us and said Carnival has new rules for N O effective SAturday and didn't want to publicize -left the bad news to them. We had to open our bags in parking garage and take out all beverages. WAs really bad because most folks didn't have carry on bags large enough to add heavy bottles and cans thru check in lines.

Is this just for the NO port or all ports Carnival sails from?

Its not that new, but new within the last year. (the new policy is that you have to carry on your one bottle of wine and your sodas and water, cant pack them in your suitcase any more)

What is the Liquor and Beverage Policy? A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. ..

Thank you so much for the heads up! We board on the 11th. I shall pack accordingly :)

Well, they got my fan in N.O. this time! lol. Just a little one that makes some noise to help me sleep. No calls to the "naughty room" or anything. Just a letter in my suitcase saying that I would get it back on the last night of the cruise. This past December, I brought in a case of beer and the fan in one suitcase.

They do seem to be more tight with security in N.O. now. I saw 2 drug dogs and several people getting patted down on debarkation this morning.

I had also been told by folks who work at the port in N. O. that their scanners can tell what kind of liquids you were carrying on. They can tell water from vodka. It shows up different in color than water.

I would have had to throw the BS flag on this one. Where I work we have to pass through the puffer-style explosives detector, then metal detector, and all hand-carried items must pass through X-ray. We have the most sensitive and up to date equipment out there, and I can guarantee that the guards cannot tell the difference between one type of liquid and another. What they are looking for is the shape of the container. Anything with a foil wrapper or metal lid will get your lunchbox routed to the side for a visual inspection.

Now, I could be wrong, but it sure seems far-fetched. Alcohol does not fluoresce under X-Ray illumination.

I would have had to throw the BS flag on this one. Where I work we have to pass through the puffer-style explosives detector, then metal detector, and all hand-carried items must pass through X-ray. We have the most sensitive and up to date equipment out there, and I can guarantee that the guards cannot tell the difference between one type of liquid and another. What they are looking for is the shape of the container. Anything with a foil wrapper or metal lid will get your lunchbox routed to the side for a visual inspection.

Now, I could be wrong, but it sure seems far-fetched. Alcohol does not fluoresce under X-Ray illumination.

Agreed!

I'll take my chances on Monday. Worst case, will have to go to the naughty room for them to inspect my water.

Could I ask a favor....should Michael forget....could you or Empress Bee ask if the key control is now working on the CAVS in karaoke???

We are sailing on October 2nd and I will have to pack a completely different set of cdgs if it is still not working (was broken when we sailed in January).

Thanks so much and have a great cruise.

Princess Linda

The Domestically Challenged Goddess of Big Ed's Evil Krewe

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. ..

This is great! I was unaware we were able to bring 1 bottle of hard liquor on board :D Guess I will be bringing my favorite with me in December :p

This is great! I was unaware we were able to bring 1 bottle of hard liquor on board :D Guess I will be bringing my favorite with me in December :p

I think you read this incorrectly....

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated

You are allowed to bring one bottle of wine per adult.

My room mate's small electric fan was also confiscated. She really needs it because of hot flashes.You ladies can understand how miserable that can be. Our cabin seemed stuffy when we got there. She immediately went to guest services and they sent someone to check temperature. We were still a little warm and decided to apply the "squeaky door" theory. We called back to say it was still warm and they sent someone else. We jokingly mentioned that we were looking for a hex screwdriver to use on one of the porthole windows to create a breeze. --when we returned from dinner her fan was miraculously there.

It was the sea cap in parking garage who refused to take our bags until all beverages were removed. He said they were just told that morning they were forbidden to load any luggage with beverages. I didn't hear what he said at first and he wouldn't take my bag until I opened it. My friends carry on bag ripped when we put her water in it but we managed to get most of it onboard.

Archived