select dining--still need to reserve a time?

SeaboundQT

hi there, with the select dining option, are reservations still required for whichever time you prefer, or can you just walk into the main dining room at any time between 6:30 and 9:00 to get a table? (we are sailing celebrity summit). thanks in advance for your help! lisa :rolleyes:

Yes, I would also like to know if anyone has done this as we prefer to eat when we feel ready based on our day. I read another post where someone said that when they called for a reservation only one time was available at 6:30. They also said it ended up being the same for the whole week. Doesn't sound very much different than the traditional dining to me.

If you want to be on time to catch the shows I would definitely advise making reservations ahead of time on the Celebrity website. You can choose different times for each day so you can plan around shore days, formal nights, etc. on your itinerary. You might be able to change your time on board depending on what fellow passengers have chosen but I think it's better to have something desirable to you in place.

• 1 month later...
I keep getting ~ Information not available at this time' date=' please try later. [/b']~ every time I try to reserve my dinner time. :cool:

I had the same problem for several weeks and finally two weeks ago the reservation system worked (I hope!). I do not know if it makes a difference how far in advance you try to make your reservations, but our next trip is in May.

Having just sailed on the Eclipse - we were using Select dining, which suited us. We did not at any time make a reservation. whenever we turned up we were allocated a table straight away - We found the convenience of going to a "show" at 7 p.m. which usually lasted about 3/4 hour or so, then went to have dinner +- 8ish. Once or twice there were a few couples queuing before us, but don't think we were there for more than 5 minutes. We did tho choose to share a table. Did note that one or two couples were waiting for a table for two, but sure they did not wait long.

We found when we had been in port, it was a pleasure not having to rush for a particular time.

possibly on the Summit it works the same ?!?

They will have a separate section of the upper level MDR for Select Dining - usually the starboard side. You don't really NEED to make reservations - if you do not care where you sit. If you are a 2some you would probably get a table adjacent to the kitchen or the wall adjacent to the entry - not a lot of ambiance in other words. We had to make 6:30 "Anytime" reservations to get a decent table for 2............so just for your info.

I had the same problem for several weeks and finally two weeks ago the reservation system worked (I hope!). I do not know if it makes a difference how far in advance you try to make your reservations, but our next trip is in May.
We're cruising in April.

I was wondering if it had to do with me transferring my cruise over to my TA>:confused:

If you are a 2some you would probably get a table adjacent to the kitchen or the wall adjacent to the entry - not a lot of ambiance in other words. .

At least you know your food comes out pipping hot, not cooling while the waiter treks over to the table that's further away. ;)..:D

And if the table's near the door, goodie, won't have to walk far. :p

Select dining is the way to go for us,

we like the flexibility to eat when we like and enjoy not having to

dash down to dinner at 8.30.

I think our cruises on Azamara spoilt us,so last year we opted for

select on the Connie.

We never had to wait more than 10 minutes, the service was top notch

but we did find that when there was only the 2 of us we

usually finished within an hour as we tended to skip some of the courses.

Somehow I cannot get my head around opting for select dining

and then booking a table for 6.30 every night.

another Plus is that you can take advantage of the other dining options

and also you can arrange to have dinner with the new friends you meet.

Archived