P&O Oceana vs Ocean Village

Longislandtea

Because the P&O passengers are just too cheap for the Cunard Lines! Can you imagine the ridicule they would get in their Asda or Marks and Spencer Tuxedo's or wearing the same dinner suit night after night after night.

The funny comments about sailing on a budget cruise line? The Butlins singalong "sailaways", the Birdie Song followed by Agadoo or the game show style entertainment on a night? ;):eek:

Cunard looks good.....................:D

Be very afraid Mr Smee - these 2 ex OV customers are seriously looking at a trans atlantic crossing with Cunard:D

I may even wear a suit but nothing to say that I cannot wear my string vest and knotted union jack hanky at the same time:rolleyes:

Joking aside I doubt if you could iidentify us as ex OV passengers, at least the Cunard dress code is unambiguous unlike P&O's:mad:

I have to ask an obvious question. For those passengers who love all the formal dress-up and regiment style timing. Why did they choose P&O rather than Cunard?

Possibly, because P & O is, IMO, a happy medium between very formal and informal. It's horses for courses and there are cruises out there for everyone if you do the research. P & O Australia cruises take a more casual approach to cruising, if any of you fancy travelling that far. :)

It would be nice to find a cruise line where there were no hoipolloi and people knew how to dress in the evening.......:eek::cool:

I am obviously "hoi polloi", living as I do in West Yorks a.k.a God's Own County. Typical evening wear for me on holiday(Cruise or Hotel) would be smart shirt by Thos. Pink or similar, cashmere/ wool slacks, penny loafers by John White or similar, total cost £150/£200, vastly superior to the tatty £49 penguin suits that I am constantly exhorted to wear by the P&O Taliban.

Because the P&O passengers are just too cheap for the Cunard Lines! Can you imagine the ridicule they would get in their Asda or Marks and Spencer Tuxedo's or wearing the same dinner suit night after night after night.

The funny comments about sailing on a budget cruise line? The Butlins singalong "sailaways", the Birdie Song followed by Agadoo or the game show style entertainment on a night? ;):eek:

I wouldn't necessarily classify Cunard as a budget cruise line and I'm sure the old Cunarders make a decent fist of the sailaways;)

Some of the replies on this thread make me chortle - nice to see dress code being discussed in a humourous way for once.

Debbie:)

I am obviously "hoi polloi", living as I do in West Yorks a.k.a God's Own County. Typical evening wear for me on holiday(Cruise or Hotel) would be smart shirt by Thos. Pink or similar, cashmere/ wool slacks, penny loafers by John White or similar, total cost £150/£200, vastly superior to the tatty £49 penguin suits that I am constantly exhorted to wear by the P&O Taliban.

You've been doing too much shopping in your local Harvey Nicks! :p

I wouldn't necessarily classify Cunard as a budget cruise line and I'm sure the old Cunarders make a decent fist of the sailaways;)

Some of the replies on this thread make me chortle - nice to see dress code being discussed in a humourous way for once.

Debbie:)

My point was the people who cruise on P&O would need to up THEIR class to sail on Cunard!

[quote name='ROSEBASKETS']My point was the people who cruise on P&O would need to up THEIR class to sail on Cunard![/quote]

On the contrary, our last Cunard cruise on QV saw all sorts of dress that would have been excluded from certain areas of P&O ships, evident around the ship, QV, most nights.

We are no dress snobs and just adhere to the suggested dress code on any cruise line, not because it is enforced but because we choose to.

We know the conditions when we book.

[quote name='lancashire_cruisers']Oh dear Rosie I sometimes forget that [COLOR=red]not everyone is fortunate to be blessed with a sense of humour[/COLOR]:rolleyes:.

Debbie:)[/quote]

:D:D:D I just love winding you all up...:D

I started reading this thread to see if anything substantial regarding the cruising styles on OV and P&O would be discussed. Instead it was all a bit like a ping pong game about individual lifestyles, and whether people from different class strata would feel comfortable on the same ship.
Clearly some people are desparate to retain their view of the class system which is such a pity since I feel we all have more in [I][COLOR=Red]common[/COLOR][/I] with each other than we do differences.

[quote name='terrierjohn']I started reading this thread to see if anything substantial regarding the cruising styles on OV and P&O would be discussed. Instead it was all a bit like a ping pong game about individual lifestyles, and whether people from different class strata would feel comfortable on the same ship.
Clearly some people are desparate to retain their view of the class system which is such a pity since I feel we all have more in [I][COLOR=red]common[/COLOR][/I] with each other than we do differences.[/quote]

Maybe there should be a "No Clothes at all" Day. No need for shorts or a tux, the little black dress can stay at home along with the hankies with knots and the union jacks shorts. Tattos will be compulsory. Hahahahahah nearly wet myself thinking about this. Can you image, the Captain on the Bridge without a stitch on. Hands on hips and parking. oooohhhhh. I'd better stop now.... Sorry. hahahahahahahahh

:eek::D:D

[quote name='Longislandtea']Maybe there should be a "No Clothes at all" Day. No need for shorts or a tux, the little black dress can stay at home along with the hankies with knots and the union jacks shorts. Tattos will be compulsory. Hahahahahah nearly wet myself thinking about this. Can you image, the Captain on the Bridge without a stitch on. Hands on hips and parking. oooohhhhh. I'd better stop now.... Sorry. hahahahahahahahh

:eek::D:D[/quote]

Just out of curiosity (of course) I researched this on the web. Naturist cruises do in fact exist - a form called Castaways Travel charters ships and organises them. Whether the Captain and crew get into the spirit of things is not disclosed.

[quote name='Denarius']Just out of curiosity (of course) I researched this on the web. Naturist cruises do in fact exist - a form called Castaways Travel charters ships and organises them. Whether the Captain and crew get into the spirit of things is not disclosed.[/quote]

I wonder how one would know if its a formal night :rolleyes:

Archived