Seabourn Sojourn, Norway fjords!

editor@cruisecritic

looked at website you listed,,but Sojourn not listed under sidebar of ships,,,is it somewhere else,,,found the town webcam,,,is that what you used...very helpful to see town and get weather in real time....but hope my May cruise is sunnier and warmer...will have to buy warmer raincoat and bring extra shoes....but a nice change from May in FL....from 90 to 60 ....hope you ve been reading the avidcruiser and ccblog from uk....maybe they ll go into more details when they return,,,but both seem to be enjoying it so far,even with bad weather.....:)

Listen, Terry's account of his Northern Lights cruise on another line is much more informative (with lovely photos) than the blog of the CC Editor. I am waiting for her review of the Sojourn, but for travel delights, read Terry's account. See Post 22 this thread for the link.

Listen, Terry's account of his Northern Lights cruise on another line is much more informative (with lovely photos) than the blog of the CC Editor. I am waiting for her review of the Sojourn, but for travel delights, read Terry's account. See Post 22 this thread for the link.

THANKS, Jane, for the kind comments! That live/blog posting is approaching 19,000 views which is very nice and much appreciated. Below is the link to connect with it. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Rather cold and grey, but following winds from Stavanger to IJmuiden and Amsterdam. Just packed most of our things and had my usual cheese fondu at the Galley lunch....

Formal night tonight and captain's fare well party.... ah, well....

I met Carolyn a couple of times and we talked briefly. I also met Linda and Chris and talked with them last night.

Marja

Rather cold and grey, but following winds from Stavanger to IJmuiden and Amsterdam. Just packed most of our things and had my usual cheese fondu at the Galley lunch....

Formal night tonight and captain's fare well party.... ah, well....

I met Carolyn a couple of times and we talked briefly. I also met Linda and Chris and talked with them last night.

Marja

Sorry to hear about the need to "PACK UP". That's always bad on cruises when you reach that point. Too bad the weather has not improved.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

Just returned from Seabourn Sojourn, Beatiful ship, wonderful cruise, weather could have been better but at least it was clear in the Fjords and no crowds.

Unfortunately did not manage to meet up with other CCer's at sailaway, I was there, despite the cold, as was Marja, I also met up with Jasper quite by accident on a walk up to the waterfall in Flam.

I did keep asking people onbaord about Carolyn and did speak to Ralph Grizzle (sp) Avid Cruiser, as he was part of a couple taking lots of pics.

So sorry not to meet with the rest of you hope you all enjoyed the cruise and maybe we will meet in the future.

Marja and Jasper, sorry I missed you to say good bye, but hopefully we will meet on a future cruise again.

'Til then, Linda :)

Thanks for all the information Linda.

There is a thread started up while you were away about the closure of the main dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Can you say what the situation was while you were on board, was the mdr open or closed for breakfast and lunch?.

If it was closed had the breakfast and lunch arrangements in the Colonnade changed at all?.

Thank you

There is a thread started up while you were away about the closure of the main dining room for breakfast and lunch.

Can you say what the situation was while you were on board, was the mdr open or closed for breakfast and lunch?.

If it was closed had the breakfast and lunch arrangements in the Colonnade changed at all?.

Thank you

I had seen this thread before I boarded.

There is no need to worry the MDR was open everyday for breakfast, lunch and evening meals, although there were not very many people using the MDR for breakfast and lunch, we personally found it to be more relaxed than the busy atmosphere of the colonade. We also had the galley lunch on one sea day.

Thank you

The trial period regarding the MDR is now on the Odyssey only.

What I found impressive was that even on days when the MDR wasn't going to be busy for breakfast or lunch -- it was open anyway. To me that's the difference between a luxury cruise and a mass market one.

Carolyn

I had seen this thread before I boarded.

There is no need to worry the MDR was open everyday for breakfast, lunch and evening meals, although there were not very many people using the MDR for breakfast and lunch, we personally found it to be more relaxed than the busy atmosphere of the colonade. We also had the galley lunch on one sea day.

Hi, sorry to have missed you! Marja told me there was someone from Cruise Critic looking for me -- but didn't know quite how to connect.

In the meantime, I found the trip to be amazing (and trust me I cruise a lot so don't through around "amazing" too casually), but would love to hear your feedback. Would love, having re-entried reality, to relive the trip!

Carolyn

Just returned from Seabourn Sojourn, Beatiful ship, wonderful cruise, weather could have been better but at least it was clear in the Fjords and no crowds.

Unfortunately did not manage to meet up with other CCer's at sailaway, I was there, despite the cold, as was Marja, I also met up with Jasper quite by accident on a walk up to the waterfall in Flam.

I did keep asking people onbaord about Carolyn and did speak to Ralph Grizzle (sp) Avid Cruiser, as he was part of a couple taking lots of pics.

So sorry not to meet with the rest of you hope you all enjoyed the cruise and maybe we will meet in the future.

Marja and Jasper, sorry I missed you to say good bye, but hopefully we will meet on a future cruise again.

'Til then, Linda :)

In the meantime, I found the trip to be amazing (and trust me I cruise a lot so don't through around "amazing" too casually), but would love to hear your feedback. Would love, having re-entried reality, to relive the trip! Carolyn

alexandra cruiser: Editor' date='Carolyn,,,will you be posting review?

Like day to day,,,,etc...going on same cruise in May and would love to hear all the details,,,cabin,crew,food,excursions,etc.....know the weather wasn t great,,,,but scenery looks lovely,,,anything not to miss..or avoid?[/quote']

Like you, I look forward to reading more from Carolyn. All of us "travel junkies" want to be "fed", quickly, right? Here's what she posted on the Baltics Boards:

"OK, so we're spreading out the Fjords coverage a bit -- but the Olden adventure, oh-so-fantastic -- is now launched! http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/blog/. Please jump on and weigh in! Carolyn"

I'd give it a little more time and then go to that board and see the rest of what she will be posting. Her Olden adventure report is nice with lots of details and pictures, etc. Compared to what we had in Norway in early July and hopefully what Alexandra has next May, their weather was a little limited. But, they enjoyed things greatly.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 19,500 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

Archived