What is your favorite onboard beverage?

skiiergirl

What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?

• BBC
    • Bushwhacker
    • Pina Colada
    • Strawberry Colada / Miami Vice
    • Mango Tango / Love Connection
    • Creamsicle
    • The usuals...Margarita, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Seabreeze, etc.
    • Martini
    • Champagne in the Champagne Bar and/or Wine with dinner
    • Bucket of Beer

Mmmmmm... white russians...that was one of my absolute favs when I lived in the cold white North of Michigan in the winter, many moons ago. Forget to stock the cream? Then you just had to make it a "black russian". Don't forget to pick up the the cream on the way home!! :)

Just enjoyed a yummy "happy-tiser" dish of fresh steamed shrimp paired with a nice bottle of South African white, "Goats do Roam"....very yummies.

Still looking for my Amaretto on the rocks tonight. Perhaps paired with some nice little almond cookies....hmmm...maybe we need to get the girl scouts to sell almond cookies??!! :D

from room service, OMG it was just heavenly. That glistening condensation.. icy cold REAL lemonade, freshly squeezed and brought to our room, late one evening with crystal stemware from the dining rooms....by a waiter who acted as though he was just THRILLED to be able to serve us.

Anyone have the Pineapple Rum Cake??? They had this tasty concoction on the Spelndour Jan 8-15th sailing. What an awesome drink

Im not 100 % sure of the mixing,, but it was

Glass of pineapple juice

Couple shots of Vanilla Rum

Splash of Grenadine

WOW!!!!

I'm in the middle of tequila shots and a Corona right now...I notice not much tequila talk on this thread...does anyone know what tequila RCCL sells in their shop on the Voyager ships? I don't do Jose Cuervo, I'm into reposados and anejos...

I'm in the middle of tequila shots and a Corona right now...I notice not much tequila talk on this thread...does anyone know what tequila RCCL sells in their shop on the Voyager ships? I don't do Jose Cuervo, I'm into reposados and anejos...

You're right ... there is not a lot of 'tequila talk' here.... you will have to be our tequila representative...ok?

I dug out my duty free catalog from my Mariner of the Seas cruise this past January .... I am sorry to report I don't see any tequila offered, but I believe they had some sort there (they HAVE to) but I don't remeber what brand it was......but, like I said, that was the Mariner

Mmmmmm... white russians...that was one of my absolute favs when I lived in the cold white North of Michigan in the winter, many moons ago. Forget to stock the cream? Then you just had to make it a "black russian". Don't forget to pick up the the cream on the way home!! :)

Just enjoyed a yummy "happy-tiser" dish of fresh steamed shrimp paired with a nice bottle of South African white, "Goats do Roam"....very yummies.

Still looking for my Amaretto on the rocks tonight. Perhaps paired with some nice little almond cookies....hmmm...maybe we need to get the girl scouts to sell almond cookies??!! :D

the shrimp sounds yummy....I just heard about that 'Goats do Roam' wine, I was going to try it (how weird is that?) I like the amaretto, almond cookie idea too.....you are making me soooo hungry :p

I dug out my duty free catalog from my Mariner of the Seas cruise this past January ....

Uh oh...you've gone and done it now, Javabean! Can you please tell me if they have any of the following and how much it costs?

Johnny Walker scotch

Drambuie (a scotch liquer)

Belvidere or Chopin vodka

any coconut flavored rum (like Malibu or Parrot Bay)

Thank you so much!

Anyone have the Pineapple Rum Cake??? They had this tasty concoction on the Spelndour Jan 8-15th sailing. What an awesome drink

Glass of pineapple juice

Splash of Grenadine

WOW!!!!

Sounds yummy. Which bar? Pool bar, theatre, etc?

Ahh...tonight was blackened Redfish burritos, and the tequila thing reminded me that I should have done Margaritas instead of the Bombay Sapphire gin and tonics we had paired with it.

Sooo many ways to make margaritas...what is everyone's favorite recipe??!!

Cheers1

Uh oh...you've gone and done it now, Javabean! Can you please tell me if they have any of the following and how much it costs?

Johnny Walker scotch

Drambuie (a scotch liquer)

Belvidere or Chopin vodka

any coconut flavored rum (like Malibu or Parrot Bay)

Thank you so much!

Johnnie Walker Blue Label 750 ml = 119.95

Johnnie Walker Pure Malt 1 L = 42.95

Johnnie Walker Black label 1 L = 2/47.95

Johnnie Walker Red Label 1 L = 14.95

Johnnie Walker collection = 74.95

Johnnie Walker Swing 1L = 29.95

Johnnie Walker Gold 750 ml = 44.95

Malibu Rum 1L = 11.95

Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Rum 1 L = 9.95

I hope this helps, the others are not in my little brochure but I am sure they do carry a lot of these .... the catalog is just a small sampling of what they carry. Hope you have a fabulous time ;)

Ahh...tonight was blackened Redfish burritos, and the tequila thing reminded me that I should have done Margaritas instead of the Bombay Sapphire gin and tonics we had paired with it.

Sooo many ways to make margaritas...what is everyone's favorite recipe??!!

Cheers1

Hubby and I just got back from snowmobiling and we made a batch of margaritas ... tonight we made them on the rocks ( hubby had a tooth pulled this morning so we couldn't have the slushy ones - my favorite :p )

We cheated and used a sweet and sour mix with tequilla and triple sec.....poof....just like that we have a pitcher full ..... cheers :D

Javabean:

oooh...sorry about the tooth...ouch!!

I prefer my "ritas" on the rocks anyway, and my DH was previously a "slushy" type lover. Now he is also a "rocks" person.

Your ritas sound yummy, and blissfully simple. What kind of sweet and sour mix do you use?

I used to adore those snowmobile rides, especially doing the trails at night with a group of people, ending up in front of a blazing bonfire and sipping peppermint or peach snapps. Very warming!! :D

Today we were freezing our tails off on the water in the boat chasing down the fish. 55 degrees is cold for us Florida whimps!! :eek: ;)

Cheers!

Javabean:

Your ritas sound yummy, and blissfully simple. What kind of sweet and sour mix do you use?

it's called Master of Mixes....so simple

Usually I make them in the blender with frozen lemonade and ice, tequilla and triple sec.... yum :p

Glass of pineapple juice

Splash of Grenadine

WOW!!!!

Sounds wonderful...I don't think I have and grenadine on hand tho....you know what that means don't you....another run to the liquor store for provisions :p

Thanks again, Javabean, for taking the time to get that catalog info for me.

it's called Master of Mixes....so simple

Usually I make them in the blender with frozen lemonade and ice, tequilla and triple sec.... yum :p

Those lemonade margaritas sounds delicious, I'll have to try it.

BTW, Master of Mixes is a very good brand...I use their Bloody Mary Mix all the time.

Thanks again, Javabean, for taking the time to get that catalog info for me.

Those lemonade margaritas sounds delicious, I'll have to try it.

BTW, Master of Mixes is a very good brand...I use their Bloody Mary Mix all the

time.

In the summer I have been known to drink the sour mix with just ice cubes in it...... ahhh :cool:

My favorite margarita takes a bit of work but it's worth it. First prepare the sweet and sour mix.

1. Mix 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water. Heat until just begins to boil, stirring often. Let cool. This is called "simple syrup."

2. Squeeze lemons and limes to equal one cup each of juice.

3. Mix with simple syrup.

Now the ingredients:

1. 3 oz Tequila, preferably clear (I like Cuervo Blanco Classic).

2. 1 oz Cointreau

3. 6 oz sweet and sour mix

4. 1/2 oz Grand Marnier or Gran Gala (cheaper)

This is the perfect margarita!

Anybody got good ideas for after dinner shooters???? WHat is YOUR favorite? And what do shooters cost? THe same as a regular drink? You can tell I don't get out much. :)

Anybody got good ideas for after dinner shooters???? WHat is YOUR favorite? And what do shooters cost? THe same as a regular drink? You can tell I don't get out much. :)

Sorry Bevo...I know you have asked this before...I never bought any of the after dinner shooters so I am no help to you....I am sure someone can answer this for you....hang in there :o

They will serve you shooters after dinner. You might never see anyone from bar service the whole night in the dining room, but you will see the waiter with a tray of shooters, and there is one for each night in a souvenier glass. So once you get this servers attention you will have it for the whole cruise.

Everynight it is something different, but the main ingredient is Bailey's.

If you do have a shooter every night, they have special little box for you to pack your little glasses in for the trip home.

Takes the guesswork out of what to order after dinner. Probably a $50.00 bill by the time the cruise is over for these. I just don't rememebr exactly.

Archived