What is your favorite onboard beverage?

skiiergirl

What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?

• BBC
    • Bushwhacker
    • Pina Colada
    • Strawberry Colada / Miami Vice
    • Mango Tango / Love Connection
    • Creamsicle
    • The usuals...Margarita, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Seabreeze, etc.
    • Martini
    • Champagne in the Champagne Bar and/or Wine with dinner
    • Bucket of Beer

Island Lady,

Make sure you go to the Sky pool bar on the Mariner and ask for Archie - he'll fix you up. His BBC's were much better (defined as stronger) then we found in the other bars, and he whipped up those famous Mango Tangoes.

Not sure what all was in the Mango Tango, but they were red, so there has to be more than pina colada and mango puree. They were yummy!!!!!

OK folks ...can someone pease put me out of my misery and tell me what is in a Mango Tango and also what is a BBC......

I'm beginning to think that i've led too sheltered a life so far lol, my resolution now is to try every one of these drinks mentioned..... for future reference and research of course.... will be quite happy to compile a report on them all if I sssttaay sshhober~~~~~

Island Lady,

Make sure you go to the Sky pool bar on the Mariner and ask for Archie - he'll fix you up. His BBC's were much better (defined as stronger) then we found in the other bars, and he whipped up those famous Mango Tangoes.

Not sure what all was in the Mango Tango, but they were red, so there has to be more than pina colada and mango puree. They were yummy!!!!!

Archie at the Sky bar!! Gotcha!! :D

Thanks for the tip!!

I am getting thirsty already!!

Cheers!

Hey Island Lady, when is your cruise (I probably asked you this already). My sister in law is going in May and I wonder if you will be on at the same time.

Mango Tangos (if I remember right) are mango puree and pina colada layered in a fancy glass..... with rum of course :D

Over the weekend we had lemon head martini and on Easter my sister in law made me a chocolate martini...... yum. For someone who never liked liquor before, I'm catching up fast ;)

Hey Island Lady, when is your cruise (I probably asked you this already). My sister in law is going in May and I wonder if you will be on at the same time.

Mango Tangos (if I remember right) are mango puree and pina colada layered in a fancy glass..... with rum of course :D

Over the weekend we had lemon head martini and on Easter my sister in law made me a chocolate martini...... yum. For someone who never liked liquor before, I'm catching up fast ;)

Ok....now I am really thirsty!!! :D Those sound pretty yummy!!

Pretty close, on the cruise times, but I am going on the June 5th, Western cruise route. Our Anniversary is the 1st, but that week it goes to the Eastern route.

We have done various ships on other cruise lines doing the Eastern route, and have not done the Western Caribbean in many years, so it was due. Besides, the day we embark is the day of my 50th birthday, so we will just celebrate our anniversary late and my birthday at the same time! :)

My countdown clock as follows:

Getting closer!! :D

cheers!

Okay if I have to narrow it down to, oh say between noon and dinner hour - "Bucket'O'Beers". Can't beat the Corona specials! (Especially when my DW goes and get's them, cause she always come back with too many in the bucket! :0 ). (Not exactly sure how she does that, because she always says - "don't ask")

Oh yummm, Island Lady! Got any good ones you'd like to share the name of?? I'm always looking for a good Sauvignon Blanc!

Cloudy Bay!!! :D

Or for a middle of the week, very inexpensive mouthful of citrus: Monkey Bay!

I am drinking one now as I "cruise" the boards! :)

Cheers!

Ok....now I am really thirsty!!! :D Those sound pretty yummy!!

Pretty close, on the cruise times, but I am going on the June 5th, Western cruise route. Our Anniversary is the 1st, but that week it goes to the Eastern route.

We have done various ships on other cruise lines doing the Eastern route, and have not done the Western Caribbean in many years, so it was due. Besides, the day we embark is the day of my 50th birthday, so we will just celebrate our anniversary late and my birthday at the same time! :)

My countdown clock as follows:

Getting closer!! :D

cheers!

sounds nice....congrats on the anniversary.....best wishes on the birthday

sounds like I owe you a drink to celebrate with ;)

Cloudy Bay!!! :D

Or for a middle of the week, very inexpensive mouthful of citrus: Monkey Bay!

I am drinking one now as I "cruise" the boards! :)

Cheers!

I LOVE Cloudy Bay! I can never find it any more. I miss my Cloudy Bay:(

I just recently tried Monkey Bay and I think it is an excellent ( and much more suited to my wallet) alternative. Kenwood isn't a New Zealand, but it is still has some nice, bold fruit to it.

I LOVE Cloudy Bay! I can never find it any more. I miss my Cloudy Bay:(

I just recently tried Monkey Bay and I think it is an excellent ( and much more suited to my wallet) alternative. Kenwood isn't a New Zealand, but it is still has some nice, bold fruit to it.

Sounds like we have the same taste in wine!!

I agree Cloudy Bay is hard to find sometimes. Always fun to try all the wonderful offerings out there! I am off to the wine shop this afternoon to restock my wine cabinet....I am out of afternoon quaffing type SB!!! :eek:

Cheers!

Sounds like we have the same taste in wine!!

I agree Cloudy Bay is hard to find sometimes. Always fun to try all the wonderful offerings out there! I am off to the wine shop this afternoon to restock my wine cabinet....I am out of afternoon quaffing type SB!!! :eek:

Cheers!

I just came from the wine store! The post yesterday made me crave some Cloudy Bay, but alas, they did not have any. I got a bottle of Jepson Sauvignon Blanc this time. I have never had it, but I do love Jepson's Viogner.

I just discovered this thread, so I'm a bit late in responding.

I'm not a frozen foo-foo frozen type drink drinker.

My favorite drink is a martini type drink that has no name, so I always have to tell the bartender how to make it. At home, at the bar at our local Black Angus, we call it a "Kittytini" after my screen name (Kitty) on NTN Trivia. (NTN Trivia is a game that is played in various bars/restaurants across the country. We go to our Black Angus quite regularly to play it and have dinner.)

The Kittytini:

2 parts Barcardi Limon

3/4 part Chambord (or if you like your drink a bit on the sweet side, you can adjust it to 1 part instead of 3/4 part)

a splash of cranberry juice

drop of vermouth

serve with a lemon twist.

Shaken well.

For my favorite after dinner drink, (whether on a cruise or out to dinner at home) ...again no official name....is equal parts of Baileys and Amaretto, served on the rocks. Its not served shooter style, its served on the rocks...sipping style. MMMMmmmmmm...sometimes that serves as my dessert. (when I order it, I just tell them Baileys and Amaretto on the rocks.)

With dinner, Chardonney or White Zinfandel (preferably Baringer).

And last but not least, my favorite average plain old drink drink is Barcardi Limon and Diet Coke. I drink that when I don't feel like ordering anything special.

Mulitple Beverages is not fair :p

I do not discriminate since I see bigotry as a negative thing. I try em all. (no I am not a screaming lush.. I have three a day on a cruise.. which is a lot for me, but hey, I'm on vacation).

I just came from the wine store! The post yesterday made me crave some Cloudy Bay, but alas, they did not have any. I got a bottle of Jepson Sauvignon Blanc this time. I have never had it, but I do love Jepson's Viogner.

Yep, no Cloudy bay at the wine store for me either, just a confused new clerk there....sigh....

Let me know how you like the Jepson SB!! :)

I found a good sale on the Monkey Bay SB and bought 3 bottles. I also put in a large sample order of various SB's and Viognier from various regions I hope to "help" my customers to taste this week. Tough job, somebody has to do it!! ;) :D

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions on the sauvignon blanc! I did find some Monkey Bay while I was visiting in Austin, TX, and it was great!! Now if I can just find some in my little town.

You are most welcome!! :)

I LOVE your "little town"...Redding was always one of my favorite little towns when I lived in California!!

Cheers!

Normally I'm a whiskey sour kinda gal...but lately I have been sipping on Bombay Sapphire G&Ts!

I am really disappointed that we didn't try more drinks of the day on Vision, and we passed on those after-dinner shooters too! I'm going to make sure that we do not repeat this mistake on Rhapsody!!! :)

Archived