What is your favorite onboard beverage?

skiiergirl

What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite onboard (or on island) beverage?

• BBC
    • Bushwhacker
    • Pina Colada
    • Strawberry Colada / Miami Vice
    • Mango Tango / Love Connection
    • Creamsicle
    • The usuals...Margarita, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Seabreeze, etc.
    • Martini
    • Champagne in the Champagne Bar and/or Wine with dinner
    • Bucket of Beer

Thanks, zachnlucy. I've never seen a margarita recipe using Cointreau AND Grand Marnier...sounds scrumpdeliumptious! :D

Well, I can't take the credit. A bartender at Applebee's gave me the recipe. It's their "Perfect Margarita."

Thanks Java Bean!

I am assuming the Master of Mixes brand is a liquid? Have not seen that one before, but I had tried other

brands in the past, using the powder and various liquids. Still trying to find just the right "ahhh"....and want to try your's next! :D

Cheers!

Thanks Java Bean!

I am assuming the Master of Mixes brand is a liquid? Have not seen that one before, but I had tried other

brands in the past, using the powder and various liquids. Still trying to find just the right "ahhh"....and want to try your's next! :D

Cheers!

Master of Mixes is a liquid....around here you can find it in the liquor store and the grocery store.....I have tried the powder ones and I didn't like them as well as this one.....good luck :p

They will serve you shooters after dinner. You might never see anyone from bar service the whole night in the dining room, but you will see the waiter with a tray of shooters, and there is one for each night in a souvenier glass. So once you get this servers attention you will have it for the whole cruise.

Everynight it is something different, but the main ingredient is Bailey's.

If you do have a shooter every night, they have special little box for you to pack your little glasses in for the trip home.

Takes the guesswork out of what to order after dinner. Probably a $50.00 bill by the time the cruise is over for these. I just don't rememebr exactly.

I think the shooters were about $8 each. If you've become very good friends with your bar waiter in the dining room (like we were... thanks, Howard!!!) ask him for a box for the glasses. They're not automatically given. Sure beats packing them in your dirty laundry.

We ordered 2 shooters apiece each night (see why the waiter loved us so much??) & toasted to the day's fun... rather loudly!!

Group fave is the B-52. But they're all delicious!!

We did find out that they mix them up in gallon jugs & pour them out. That's going to make it much easier to make them at home. We'll just have to label the jug "NOT CHOCOLATE MILK" !!!!! LOL!!!

What's a dirty martini? And Miami Vice?

My faves are:

BBC

Mango Tango

Baileys and coffee

Kathy

What is a BBC?

Also have never had a Mango Tango, but it sounds yummies!!! :D

Looking forward to trying that one!

Cheers!

A BBC is Baileys, banana, mixed into a pina colada. Delish.

A Mango Tango is a pina colada (I think) with mango puree poured on top. It is yummy.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy!

When I was a "young thang" I got sick on far too many Bailey's shooters, so I tend to stay away from those....urrp...memories.

But that sounds very delish on the Mango puree with the coladas!!

So many yummy drinks...so little time...:)

Cheers!

Alcoholic drinks. I would always tell the waiter what "fruit" combinations sounded good and they would bring me something.

I LOVE banana's so I was asking for a lot of drinks with banana and some other tropical fruit.

I had many drinks with Mango, a few with pineapple, some with strawberry and of course oranges. My absolute favorite has to be a combination of Mango and Bananas with a pinneapple to top it off!

Pam

Thanks! But I still feel a little woozy around Baileys Irish Creme. ;)

Ahh...the wonderful delights of youthful discoveries?

Cheers!

haha, im the same way with Tequila now, yuck!! I really dont think you can taste the Baileys in it too much, more of a Banana taste

Alcoholic drinks. I would always tell the waiter what "fruit" combinations sounded good and they would bring me something.

I LOVE banana's so I was asking for a lot of drinks with banana and some other tropical fruit.

I had many drinks with Mango, a few with pineapple, some with strawberry and of course oranges. My absolute favorite has to be a combination of Mango and Bananas with a pinneapple to top it off!

Pam

I forget what it was called .... but there was a drink made out of banana ice cream, cream de cocoa, and banana liquor....mmmmm it was to die for :D

Southern Comfort did it to me when I was a youngin'. Never again.:o

Down here they make "Madhattens" with Southern Comfort. I too was WAY too much into them in my younger years. They were good though!

Just keep me away from the Bailey's ....sigh...:(

Cheers!

I was drinking mandarin sours on vacation this year. They were great- not too sweet but not too sour. I can't remember what was in them though...anybody know? I'd like to bring the recipe on our cruise.

Not sure, but it SOUNDS like the ingredients would be Absolut Mandarin and sweet and sour mix.

My youth drink to stay away from forever would have to be ANY type of wine cooler or hybrid thereof, like Golden Champale and Cisco (does ANYBODY out there remember Cisco or am I the only one? :eek: )

I thougth Boone's Farm was an urban myth until I was in the liquor store this week, looking for a wine to cook with, and :eek: what did I see but Boone's Farm wine - quite an impressive display and just $3.99 per bottle! I passed but got a good chuckle.

I seem to remember more ingredients in the mandarin sour. I might have to play mixologist/sampler to perfect the recipe. :D Snowy day like this, a couple of those and I can pretend I'm on a cruise!

I thougth Boone's Farm was an urban myth until I was in the liquor store this week, looking for a wine to cook with, and :eek: what did I see but Boone's Farm wine - quite an impressive display and just $3.99 per bottle! I passed but got a good chuckle.

I seem to remember more ingredients in the mandarin sour. I might have to play mixologist/sampler to perfect the recipe. :D Snowy day like this, a couple of those and I can pretend I'm on a cruise!

The last distributor I worked for did a whopping business in thier retail division of the Boone's Farm stuff going out to liquor stores and grocery stores. I am in the restaurant fine wine supply division and still remember "those days of youth!" when I would walk by those cases stacked in the warehouse. :D

Cheers

Archived