All things majesty of the seas

mets550

So I would like this thread to be a take-off on boards about ships in RCI. If anyone has any tips, advice, etc. about this ship it would be greatly appreciated. I will start it off with a few questions.

Where are the best places to be for good nightlife? What types of events do they have at the pool deck? How is the service and food as compared to other RCI ships? Is the ship up-to-date and well-kept? Does it feel small as compared to other RCI ships? Where is the best place to hang out during the day? Where are the best bars and lounges?

I look forward to everyone's input.

So I would like this thread to be a take-off on boards about ships in RCI. If anyone has any tips, advice, etc. about this ship it would be greatly appreciated. I will start it off with a few questions.

Where are the best places to be for good nightlife? What types of events do they have at the pool deck? How is the service and food as compared to other RCI ships? Is the ship up-to-date and well-kept? Does it feel small as compared to other RCI ships? Where is the best place to hang out during the day? Where are the best bars and lounges?

I look forward to everyone's input.

Where are the best places to be for good nightlife? - Home in your own bed alsleep

What types of events do they have at the pool deck? - Water and deck events

How is the service and food as compared to other RCI ships? - Different

Is the ship up-to-date and well-kept? - She's still afloat I believe

Does it feel small as compared to other RCI ships? - Smaller than some and bigger than others

Where is the best place to hang out during the day? - On the ship

Where are the best bars and lounges? - On the ship

Oh I just love the Majesty. We take people on it that have never cruised. She's a wonderful starter!! We're not big into nightlife but with the ship being so port intensive, I've always been tired anyway. The ship is very well maintained and it's obvious the crew loves her. Also, in the dining room they don't have as many tables as they do on the bigger ships so they seem to put forth a little more effort and remember more about you. During the day we're normally in port so if we were to stay on the ship, probably the pool deck. FYI, that's the best place for games and contests too. I didn't find any big crowds, except waiting for the tender at cococay.

PattyG12 thanks so much for your tips!!

Question about the tenders to Cococay? about how long do they take to get over to the island and about how frequently do they run? Is it best to go out on the first one or wait a bit until the crowd dies down?

:)

It might take around 10 minutes to arrive at the island and I think the boats leave approximately every 20-30 minutes. The lines move fast, so I don't know if you need to worry about being the first or waiting until later. We love Coco Cay and the entire island experience, only once did we miss it due to higher seas which was a disappointment going to Nassau instead... :( (only because we have been there sooooo many times)

Thanks everyone for your help and tips!! :)

Another Cococay question or 2? Is the straw market cash only? or can you use your seapss since it's RCCL's own island?

Nassau ? - I've read on the boards that the straw market here is hit or miss. Anyone have any experience? Are they very pushy? Also, any place for "authentic" bahamian food...just a sample not a full meal. DH says he "must eat something typical from each country we visit" and since this is the only one...guess it must be bahamian food, LOL :)

TIA ;)

I love Majesty! They did an extensive overhaul on her a few years ago and they did some more work on the pool deck recently (I think last year...)

Let's see...my tips....

I love little semi-private seating areas...

deck 10 aft there is a quiet little spot with some comfy chairs to hang out and read.....

deck 12 if you walk forward through the Compass deli you will find a little seating area that spans between Johnny Rockets and Compass Deli that is a nice spot to eat the yummy sandwiches from CD...

When Windjammer is crowded and tables are at a premium, don't forget about the tables up the stairs...I have always had luck getting a table up there even when the WJ is at it's busiest...

The change rooms for the spa/fitness center have a steamroom/sauna that can be used for free....

Boleros is a fun spot to get a drink or two at night...

The outside deck on deck 7 is a nice quiet place to sit and watch the sea go by...

:)

Thanks everyone for your help and tips!! :)

Another Cococay question or 2? Is the straw market cash only? or can you use your seapss since it's RCCL's own island?

Nassau ? - I've read on the boards that the straw market here is hit or miss. Anyone have any experience? Are they very pushy? Also, any place for "authentic" bahamian food...just a sample not a full meal. DH says he "must eat something typical from each country we visit" and since this is the only one...guess it must be bahamian food, LOL :)

TIA ;)

The straw market is cash only on Coco Cay; your Sea Pass will not work there. The straw market in Nassau is very crowded (the isles, too much junk everywhere), hot and mostly purses, trinkets etc. Never noticed them being too pushy, but we don't even walk through anymore as it's nothing that appeals to us. I can't tell you anything about where to eat as we don't eat there or even get off of the ship anymore.

Also, any place for "authentic" bahamian food...just a sample not a full meal. DH says he "must eat something typical from each country we visit" and since this is the only one...guess it must be bahamian food, LOL :)

I love Twin Brothers restaurant at Arawak Cay (the area known as 'the fish fry') and always go there for lunch whenever I'm in Nassau. It requires a cab or taking the #10 jitney (public transportation)...not sure if you want to go to that trouble but the food is really good...Cracked Conch, Conch Fritters etc....I also like the Grouper fingers...

Thanks for posting this thread! I am so excited, we are on the October 18th sailing, same as New2Cruising24. This is my second time on Majesty. I loved her the first time, so I expect to again!!

This time I have to try the crepes!!!

If you're in Nassau during the week, there is a fantastic little cafe/restaurant in the square across from the parliment building (between the building and the cruise terminal. Can't remember the name but it's something like Matisse maybe (look it up on Fodors). The food was incredible and they have a fantastic iced ginger tea that is just the thing to quench your thirst! Loved it! Too bad they won't be open when we're there next month (we'll be in Nassau on a Sunday):(

Great little cigar shop in one of the little alleyways off of Bay - always go there to get my DH some cubans while he's diving.

Another vote for Compass Deli:D

Deck 8 obstructed OV's are one of the best deals on the ship! Search this forum for a list of unobstructed OV's on deck 8 and go for them!

Two Words: Compass Deli. Awesome sandwiches and crepes and this is how crowded it is at lunch time:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

And if you walk through the deli, you come to this vacant seating area. It overlooks the Windjammer so you can watch all the people hussling around the food stations:

2703072840080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Majesty is an amazing ship and since the refurb I consider her one of the most up to date out there. She's got flat screen tv in the state rooms and doors instead of curtains in the shower. Because she's a smaller ship with less passengers I feel the staff really treats us well. Our favorite bar is the pool bar right out side the wind jammer...it's got pleanty of seating in the sun or the shade and the bartenders Rock!

Two Words: Compass Deli. Awesome sandwiches and crepes and this is how crowded it is at lunch time:

2928306050080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

And if you walk through the deli, you come to this vacant seating area. It overlooks the Windjammer so you can watch all the people hussling around the food stations:

2703072840080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! They are great.

:D Thanks so much for all of the great tips and suggestions!! Can't wait to try the Compass Deli, it's definitely a hit with previous cruisers. Thanks Aquahound for the pictures, looks like my kind of place, yummy and quiet :)

Thanks crookedhalo and chef_christoph for the food suggestions in Nassau, we'll definitely try one of those.

PattyG12, my DH husband will be glad to hear the straw market in Nassau is worth the experience. jmraggs thanks for the info on the straw market in Coco Cay.

tw67 see you in 25 days!!! :) I know I'm going to forget something, better start working on a list!!

Any other tips, ideas, are always welcome...thanks again CC is so great!!! :D

Edited by New2Cruising24