Caribbean princess - when can we board?

kaybeeeeeee

We're taking a Southern Carib cruise end of February. Ship leaves port at 11 pm and Princess says boarding begins at 2. In your experience, what time will be actually be allowed on board? I've had experience with RCI in knowing that you can usually get on board a few hours prior but how does it work with Princess?

We're taking a Southern Carib cruise end of February. Ship leaves port at 11 pm and Princess says boarding begins at 2. In your experience, what time will be actually be allowed on board? I've had experience with RCI in knowing that you can usually get on board a few hours prior but how does it work with Princess?

Noon is good time. Truthfully, why would you want to arrive earlier? :confused:

Platinum and Elite members proceed first.

Something Princess does differently from RCCL is that when you board, your cabin will be ready and you can go directly to it to drop off your carry-on, check out the cabin, change clothes, etc. No waiting on deck for an hour or two (or three) before you start enjoying your cruise. On the other hand, you must be out of your cabin by 8am disembarkation day. While it's six of one, half a dozen of another, I'd rather be able to start my cruise when I board. :)

Something Princess does differently from RCCL is that when you board, your cabin will be ready and you can go directly to it to drop off your carry-on, check out the cabin, change clothes, etc. No waiting on deck for an hour or two (or three) before you start enjoying your cruise. On the other hand, you must be out of your cabin by 8am disembarkation day. While it's six of one, half a dozen of another, I'd rather be able to start my cruise when I board. :)

Having the cabin ready right away is a bonus. No longer any need to pack bathing suits, sunscreen etc in the carryon. My RCCL experience was that we had to be out of the cabin at 8 am as well so this really is a bonus. Thanks for sharing. :)

Having the cabin ready right away is a bonus. No longer any need to pack bathing suits, sunscreen etc in the carryon. My RCCL experience was that we had to be out of the cabin at 8 am as well so this really is a bonus. Thanks for sharing. :)

Yes, there really is a need to pack your carry on. Your luggage will still be taken by porters and while it may be delivered to your room within a short time (couple of hours), you cannot count on that. So take what you really need for the day with you along with any perhaps items - jewelry, medicines. because there's the PERHAPS that your luggage can get lost or very delayed.

Yes, there really is a need to pack your carry on. Your luggage will still be taken by porters and while it may be delivered to your room within a short time (couple of hours), you cannot count on that. So take what you really need for the day with you along with any perhaps items - jewelry, medicines. because there's the PERHAPS that your luggage can get lost or very delayed.

Ahhhhhh, ok....I completely forgot about the luggage issue....darnit I really need the cruise now! lol

Thanks for the reminder.

Ahhhhhh, ok....I completely forgot about the luggage issue....darnit I really need the cruise now! lol

Thanks for the reminder.

I really need to cruise now too! But I have to wait a month longer than you.

Enjoy your cruise and take good care of my ship for me!

Will be boarding the CB on Oct.2 in Brooklyn. I am one of those folks who like to arrive early (after I convince the DH that is the right thing to do.) I heard that boarding in Brooklyn is rather easy and we can expect to be on the ship around 11:30-12:00. Is there truth to this, or should we plan on arriving later. I have only left from the Manhattan terminal for cruising with NCL. They have a very nice waiting area, so never minded having to wait to board. Never had to sit for more than 45 min. or so.

Thanks!

Are there places to explore around the terminal area in Brooklyn? I've been to Brooklyn many times, just not near the dock area.

No not really. Mostly industrial.

There are some Bodegas with great breakfast sandwichs though.

Just look for any emergeny services vehicles parked nearby, they always know where the good food is. :D

People state you can board around 11:30-noon. Is that checking in, or boarding? I am assuming you might be able to check-in earlier, but after checking in, if ship is not ready, will have to wait for boarding. Is this true? What time does check-in begin?

Archived