30-day cruise food?

deadzone1003

My wife and I will be on our 1st RCCL cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas from Jan. 16 - Feb. 15. We are really on a b2b cruise, combining 16 days with a 14 day cruise. What kind of food rotation can we expect? Will the 14 day cruise be a repeat of the 16 day cruise. Also, we will bring our own tea and, sometimes, our own coffee to brew aboard, is the hot water sufficently hot to brew tea or make a press-coffee?

My wife and I will be on our 1st RCCL cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas from Jan. 16 - Feb. 15. We are really on a b2b cruise, combining 16 days with a 14 day cruise. What kind of food rotation can we expect? Will the 14 day cruise be a repeat of the 16 day cruise.

On Mariner's first such cruise, the chef pledged to keep the menu fresh and new, and not repeat constantly. He kept his word. We had wonderfully varied dishes for 46 nights, and the only dishes that seemed to repeat were those that we loved! The waiters really let the kitchen know which dishes were hits and which were misses. Sometimes the chef sent out things for us to taste and critique, and if we liked them, we found them on the menu very soon.

Also, we will bring our own tea and, sometimes, our own coffee to brew aboard, is the hot water sufficently hot to brew tea or make a press-coffee?

In your cabin, no, but the coffee machines in the Café Promenade dispense hot water.

On Mariner's first such cruise, the chef pledged to keep the menu fresh and new, and not repeat constantly. He kept his word. We had wonderfully varied dishes for 46 nights, and the only dishes that seemed to repeat were those that we loved! The waiters really let the kitchen know which dishes were hits and which were misses. Sometimes the chef sent out things for us to taste and critique, and if we liked them, we found them on the menu very soon.

In your cabin, no, but the coffee machines in the Café Promenade dispense hot water.

That's great. We were aboard the Star Princess in 2009 from SF to Sydney and the food was so good we didn't bother with the pay venues except for the Chef's Table. The pay venues were pretty empty night after night. I hope for a repeat of that.:D

Archived