Live from Century...!!!

Danno

Danno - I'm glad you mentioned the deli. I don't think everyone even realizes it is there. Great sandwiches and a great place for a lighter lunch. Last cruise they had a southwest chicken wrap that was just incredible.

Terri

Lois...Erol says hi!! And is looking forward to your arrival. What a nice guy...smile big as a house!! Jorge is between contracts and will join Century next.

Teedee...cruise dir. is Donnel (sp?)

Great morning...light seas, warm, quiet...just a great day to be here.

Watched the Armerica's Cup excursion from the deck yeasterday...I won't miss that next time. That looked like great fun. The boats must have been heeled 25 degrees!! NEXT YEAR!!

Actually we quite enjoyed St.Martin...maybe a week there is in our future...maybe a month there on our sailboat might even be better!!

Off to get a coffee and watch the sea slide by...

Oh ya...lost the trivia on a tie breaker...the question was about Elvis...the winners were a team from Memphis...just once I would like to get a hockey question :D .

Bye all

Hi Dan:) thanks for the report! After all that, Jorge won't even be there:eek: Hope I didn't put you out too much.

Looking forward to seeing Erol as well though:)

It sounds as if you and the family are having a marvelous time!!!! And tonite is when you are honared! Oh, that 2nd formal night is always nice!

Thanks again for keeping us all informed!

Hello Danno and Lois. I totally enjoy reading your posts.

I have been reading the posts on this since we are leaving for that magnificient ship in 2 days. It will be our 2nd time on the Century, but the first time was right after 9/11 and it was not a full ship by any means.

Danno if you read on these boards before you abandon ship, could you tell Charlie (cechase) hi for me - been talking to him on these boards before we went and he said he was going to leave us a "momento" in the room. We have the same room when we leave in 2 days. And who is his butler?? Trying to find out if Lawrence is going to be ours again.

Byt he way I too, will be checking these boards while on board. If you have any questions - I will answer when I can. It's a good idea you had Danno.

Happy sailing All,

Wendy:)

Danno, the america's cup race in St Maarten is great. My husband loves to sail and he says they really sail those boats. He has done it twice and considers it a must do there. Dan have they fixed the interactive tv on Century? In November 400 cabins were with out pay per view movies. My cousin thought this was terrible but I never watch tv on a cruise so I was clueless. Also was the water warm in the T pool. In November we had more cold water than warm. When the water is warm that is the greatest place. Enjoy the Century for what it is, a great vacation. Pat

Well, tonite is Dan and Jill's big evening:D They are being presented with something~hope it is nice:)

Dan, hope you will continue to check in with us~at least tomorrow. It will be your last full day and inquiring minds want to know all about this presentation;)

Last year on the Century I was standing in line to book the St. Maartin Island Tour. After talking to other pax in line, by the time I got to the counter I booked the America Cup. I was made the official bartender on board and it was fabulous!!! The second best shore excursion I ever was on.

Danno - The Americas Cup Race in St Martin is by far my favorite excursion on any cruise, anywhere. You will love it if you give it a try.

Donnell was the CD on my September cruise. I thought he did a good job, but I prefer Allan King. Although I've got to say Donnell was very nice about our group sitting out with our "contraband" alcohol out on the fantail late at night!

Terri

Hi Dan:)

So, your week has almost come to a conclusion. From your postings, I am guessing it has been a very good cruise.

Please let us know how last night went.

Next time I get to St Martin I will have to try this America's Cup Excursion. Seems like everyone loves it!

Leaving ina couple of hours for warm Florida - I won't say sunny because I see it isn't!!!

When I get on the ship tomorrow I will be checking in on this board!!!

I hope your cruise went well Danno and hope you saved a pool chair for me - LOLOLOLOL

Morning all....Just had a nice breakfast. Don't know where Jill is, Matt is still asleep...he eats and sleeps. He thinks it's a great vacation from college!!

The CC awards were nice...Jill got roses and we got a certificate....I hate standing in front of a group, so I could have done without it. But it was a nice gesture just the same.

No...the interactive TV don't seem to work in our cabin...we don't have a suite, hence, no butler...

Our waiter said Zenith will be gone soon after Horizon...that's news to me. It is causing problems with too many staff. Some staff who are due for promtions aren't moving up because displaced crew from Horizon are filling those positions...too bad.

Well...I feel a bit blahh this morning...it just feels like I unpacked now it's time to pack again. It'll be tough to leave Matt in Barrie, but life goes on. It's been a great cruise and I so glad we had this time with our son.

see ya

Danno,

It sounds like you have had a very nice trip! I look forward to my next one.... there is snow on the ground and I am headed to school two hours late. I will think of the great time you must be having on the ship as I make the half hour drive up the interstate this morning! Enjoy you last day and have a martini for all of us stranded here in the snow!

Gina

Danno, In November we did a B2B on the Century. A week is not long enough. Just when you get to unwind it is time to go home. Glad you enjoyed your time with your family. My husband is very close with our son who is now 31, lives in another state with his wife. Now we treasure every moment we get to see him. Kids grow up too fast and I don't get any older so how do they? Pat

Hi Dan:)

Your tone sounds meloncholy, but I guess that is normal when you are on your last day of a wonderful cruise.

You will have good memories of your week together. That is something really special.

Hope you have a safe trip home.

Danno,

Sounds like it was great to have the time with family and on the Century. It is always hard to leave. My kids have always lived here, but our oldest is married to an Army man now and will be leaving with him and the grandkids. I guess we will be spending more vacations going to visit for awhile and not quite as many cruises.

Can't wait to here about your week when you return.

Thanks again for writing to all of us.

PJ

Leaving ina couple of hours for warm Florida - I won't say sunny because I see it isn't!!!

When I get on the ship tomorrow I will be checking in on this board!!!

I hope your cruise went well Danno and hope you saved a pool chair for me - LOLOLOLOL

Hope you have a wonderful cruise Wendy and I look forward to seeing your posts. I have such a long wait til we are on Century for our second time. Danno glad you are having a wonderful time and it is a shame that all good things must come to an end. Hey, whoever said that anyway!

Patti

We're home...got in a 3:40 am...Air Canada was 50 min late (I think they hate me), Park n Fly took 35 min to get us at the terminal...but the drive home was easy. Good roads and no traffic...I mean NONE!!

It was a good cruise, I post a review soon. I will also attempt to wade through all these and answer what I can.

Off to brakfast with our gang!! Jill's still in bed...

Hi Dan:) glad you made it home safely!!!

Looking forward to reading that review! And I want to let you know something, I have taken everything you have posted with alot of respect. If you had come on here and had complaints about things from the beginning, I would have been concerned.

I know from reading your postings I am going to have a wonderful time:D

Yup...that was us...the water taxi's are fine...I really dislike using the lifeboats. Too hot, too crowded, difficult for the elderly to board, and loading/unloading takes far too long.

Time to consider some different ports...wow they are crowded now :eek: !!!

No ice wine...I consider putting one in Jill's bag but the additional weight could very well have caused the ship to sail with a pronounced list...as it was it was someone had bolted it to the sidewalk (and I forgot :rolleyes: ).

Archived