Summit Photos from 9/2010

emileg

Thank you for posting your pics. We are on the Summit in the spring and I am nervous after all the negative comments that have been posted on here lately.

You are welcome. Please see the thread I started called "Just Back from the Summit..." I gave my perspective on the ship's condition and service. Others differed with me and that is good for all of us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274098

Please note that even with some of the encountered problems, I would have no hesitation whatsoever to take the same cruise all over again. Overall: Interior condition is excellent, outdoor areas needs work, and service is excellent. Food is good institutional, rather bland and not the "award winning cuisine" that Celebrity boasts. Knowing all of this, we are sailing sister ship Infinity in January also with no hesitation.

Thanks Emily for the pictures! Fantastic. We will be sailing this November from San Juan and are looking forward to the time away. We've also always wanted to to to Bermuda. Are there any additional tid bits you can tell us about? What did you do while you were there?

Thank you for your kind remarks. This wasn't our first time to Bermuda so we didn't do too much. However, there are so many wonderful places to explore including St. George, the Grotto Bay Hotel disco in a cavern, Crystal Caves, Perfume Factory, one gorgeous beach after another, snorkeling, helmet diving, Hamilton and the Dockyard itself. - Emile

Please check out the Bermuda forum on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=196

Excellent photos. I hope there are more! Thank you.

Thank you for your compliments. While I took many more photos, I have posted the best of the best. We have also decided not to post personal photos on a public website that anyone can access. Over time I will be posting pictures from other cruises and trips, some of which are already up and you are welcome to view. It is a work in progress.

Hi Emile

Great job with the photos--I am enjoying them & memories of the trip. We haven't done anything with ours yet (same cruise)..

DH did get some nice ones at the Botanical gardens, the lovely moongate & sculpture at the park in Hamilton & I have many Bermuda houses b/c I fell in love them all!! We took a lovely boat excursion into Hamilton & an all day bus tour-- saw so many great parts of Beautiful Bermuda!!

One thing the pics won't show is our saggy baggy mattress, numerous sagging chairs (we are not huge people so it was not us), flies up in Revelations, filthy pool chairs up around the top pool deck, our masking taped together TV remote etc... Ship was clean but old & worn out...

We had a lovely cruise with great food & excellent service but sad to say--the Summit is definitely aging out quickly!!!

Thanks Emile for the pix.

We were on the Summit in July and the new menus were in place. yes somethings are gone, others added but overall this ship and food were so superior to our 7 day Century cruise in May. The Century food was awful where the Summit food was good. We had S1 cabins on both, the Century cabin was a disgrace. Cotton balls were stuffed everywhere in the wall and ceiling panels and we added a few wash clothes to other places to stop the rattling. The floor was water-stained. Uck!!!!!

Without a second thought, I'd cruise the Summit again. We'll never step foot on the dreadful Century.

I hope this alleviates some peoples fear of the Summit. Recent reviews have been harsh.

Going on Summit in Jun 2011, seven day to Bermuda. Would you know how many formal nights? Is a suit mandatory on formal nights? Thanks.

First, a warm welcome to Cruise Critic. There are two formal nights: The second night and the next to the last night. There is considerable debate about the dress code in other threads, where I would prefer that debate remain. Have a wonderful cruise. We did!

Really liked your pics especially because we were on your cruise.You actually included a picture of my back the night we were invited to dine with the staff Capt.I'm the one in blue at the table by the big window.Our invitation was a complete surprize and what did we talk about you might ask?Our kids of course.So did the staff captain.We had a really good trip.Hope you did too.

Really liked your pics especially because we were on your cruise.You actually included a picture of my back the night we were invited to dine with the staff Capt.I'm the one in blue at the table by the big window.Our invitation was a complete surprise and what did we talk about you might ask?Our kids of course.So did the staff captain.We had a really good trip.Hope you did too.

Kathy: Well now you have had two surprises. Glad you liked the pictures. We enjoyed our trip too.

Here is a link to full resolution photos from our 9/5/2010 Bermuda cruise on the Summit. From these photos, judge for yourself the condition of the ship's interior. Note: I did not photograph outside rust spots, except for repainting due to storm damage.

http://emile2krys.shutterfly.com/pictures/221

I just learned that I can set up any number of websites on my Shutterfly account. I have decided to password protect emile2krys so that we could add personal pictures that would not be available to the general public.

I have set up a new website at Shutterfly called ShipNShore that will be fully accessible to the general public, but would not contain personal photos. If you would like to see the pictures from the Summit, please go to the new ShipNShore website. From there you can also navigate to our other cruises. Enjoy. Thanks so much. - Emile

http://shipnshore.shutterfly.com/pictures/432

Hi Emile!

I am very interested in seeing your pics of Summit, as I am planning a trip. The new link you provide asks for a password (as does the old one). Are you still working on this page?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sorry about that, Jessica. I think I was successful in removing the password protection. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please try the link again for the Summit photos and let me know if it works.

http://shipnshore.shutterfly.com/pictures/432

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, I am going on the Summit in November and your pictures made me even more excited...woohoo!!!:D

Glad the new website is working. It's easy to get excited about a cruise. And I'm sure you will have an exciting time, especially at the evening's entertainment. Top notch.

Archived