9am snorkel with Nativeway and 8am tender?

kellfish

I have made a reservation with Nativeway because of everyone's great reviews about them. I specifically asked if she didn't think we'd make a 9am tour with an 8am tender to not book us on it, but she did, but I dont' want to worry about missing it. We are on the Norwegian Sun. So, if we have an 8am tender time, could we make a 9am trip?

Go to the purser's desk when you get on the ship and ask them how early you have to get a tender pass in order to ensure that you arrive by 8:45. They should be able to give you an idea where to get tender passes, and when to get in line to pick one up.

I remember in Grand Cayman if you are doing one of Carnivals excursions they tender you off pretty quickly.. if you want to tender off but are not taking one of their excursions then you have to go to the lounge as soon as you are ready to get off and they give out number tickets.. when they call your # they will tender you off.. We did not do Carnivals excursion and went to the lounge as soon as we ate breakfast and we got a tender pretty quickly.. we maybe waited 10 minutes.. So just make sure that morning you get up early and eat and are ready to get off as soon as you can.. We are cruising to GC in a few weeks and also booked thru Nativeway as thats who we used last time and they were great.. I remember meeting at the tender port as soon as we got off.. Eldon was holding a sign that said Nativeway and I remember him waiting around a bit for the other people who had signed up.. so I dont believe they will just leave you.. You have to remember that you dont pay until on the boat.. I know you're supposed to give a credit card as a backup in case you dont show.. but they dont want a bad rap cause they do get alot of business from cruisecritic members.. I think you will be fine.. like I said just make sure you are ready to go ontime.. and all should be fine.. And by the way Nativeway is great!! We used them about 1 1/2 years ago from advice of CC members and we had the best time.. Its amazing when you get to stingray city and there is minimal people on your boat and then you see the other boats from the people who booked thru Carnival and they are on double decker boats and they are packed on there.. Its nice to get the extra special attention... also after stingray city they stopped off somewhere else and we got off the boat and snorkeled.. In stingray city they will help you hold them if you want and they will give you squid to feed them.. Hope you like it..

I'm booking one as well, and asked her about this. Because our cruise will be after daylight savings takes effect here in the states, Grand Cayman does not practice daylight savings time. So when our ship sails in to GC at 7:30, it's actually 6:30 GC time. This gives us actually 2 hours to get tendered off the ship to make the tour. When are you sailing?

We are sailing March 5-12, so we're on GC March 7. Thanks for all the advice! Sharon has not been great about emailing me back (and she accidentally booked us for 4 people instead of the 2 I requested so I have been a little nervous about Nativeway, but you all have reassured me!)

I will be sailing on the sun the week after you. I was considering taking the same tour, but was also concerned about returning to the ship by 3. How long will it take to get bach from rum point beach? And what time is the last tender?

We had a tour with Nativeway last week. We were supposed to meet her at 8:15. We went downstairs to get a tender at 7:45 we were the 5th in line. We just got on with the other people, no questions asked and we was the pier by 8:00. Dont mention anything about a private excursion, just get on line early.

lauren0309

What time was your ship scheduled to arrive? We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 on the Dawn Princess and Sharon said we should check in by 8:15 central time for 8:30departure. She said that would be 9:30 ship time but if I remember correctly Princess always adjusts ship time to local port time. I'm not sure what to do. Any Dawn Princess cruisers booked 8:30 Stingray sandbar&Coral Gardens with Nativeway and made it off the ship in time?

We are on the Westerdam and will be in GC on March 17th. We have reservations with Nativeway for the morning tour. We luckily are suite passengers so we are suppose to have priority debarkation. Sharon has told us that she has book several others from our ship for the morning excursion. I will report back and let you knowhow it worked out.

Archived