Volendam..Need to decide ASAP need opinions

SF

We are deciding between two types of cabins but we aren't to familiar with the B Verandah Suite. I know it has two twins and a queen sleeper. My question is has anyone ever slept on one of their sleeper sofas and if so how comfortable was it? We always take a balcony but we were thinking of booking two inside so there would be a proper bed. Do you think we should stick with the verandah and the sleeper or the two insides?

Our son age 20 would get the sleeper. They said it was queen size but I'm concerned how comfortable it would be. Also, I'm wondering if they could bring in a cot maybe and not open the sleeper. There would definitely be enough room.

SF, you are getting wrong information. The B on the Volendam does NOT have a pull-out Queen sofa bed.

It only has a SINGLE sofa bed that flips over. (The regular bedding can be twins or made into a queen bed, which may be why people are speaking about a queen.) But the sofa bed is just a single. There is not enough room in a B to have a full size pullout sofa bed.

Bookworm0911 is correct. My DD and her husband were in an A category in December on the Volendam, and there is not room for a pullout queen. I was thinking of the sofabed in the S category, sorry. :(

Thanks for mentioning this. I called HAL again and this time the person I spoke to said that room has a sofa bed. She also said it would be comfortable for one adult.

bookworm0911:

What did you mean the sofa bed flips over? Do you know if it's comfortable for an adult that's about 175 lbs. 6 ft?

Sage:

Sounds like it's the same type of sleeper that your DD slept on. Do you remember what the mattress was like? Was it very thin? I personally hate sleeping on one because you can always feel the metal springs in your back.

If I remember correctly from previous HAL cruises (many years ago, been sailing other lines)the mattress on the sofa bed was almost like a real bed, quite thick. Is this still true?

Thanks to all the posters for their help. We have to decide within a day or two.

On a related thread I saw the comment that you could try and get a triple cabin as the couch is longer.

We do have a triple cabin, it says it sleeps three and has the little triangle.

cruisinjudy:

Hi, if you could please post something on the boards upon your return from the Ryndam in regards to how your DD liked the sofa bed, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks and enjoy your cruise.

Krazy Kruizers:

Wow, two trips on Volendam, how lucky!! Will you have a cabin that's a triple with a sofa bed by any chance? Please post upon your return and give us a review. If you find anything out about the sofa beds I'd really like to know. Thanks and enjoy your cruises.

Thanks to all who helped us decide. :)

Sage:

We don't sail on Volendam until Dec. for a New Year's Cruise. We have others scheduled before then but we need to make a final decision on our booking by this week as cabins are scarce due to the fact it's a holiday sailing. We presently have a triple balcony cabin BB booked but were concerned about the sofa bed. From what I've read that cabin should have a longer sofa so hopefully things will work out. Our son is tall (6ft) so we were concerned whether he would be able to fit comfortably on it.

If you could maybe check out how long the sofas are in a triple cabin and whether or not someone his height would fit I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for posting and your help. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Archived