Smuggle report from Tampa

gog

We had 17 cabins booked. I think everybody tried to smuggle beer and liquor aboard. I believe 2 cabins got their booze through. I got about 2 and a half cases and 4 rumrunners on. My advice, buy booze from bon voyage. Or use rumrunners. Dont try empty water bottles.

We had 17 cabins booked. I think everybody tried to smuggle beer and liquor aboard. I believe 2 cabins got their booze through. I got about 2 and a half cases and 4 rumrunners on. My advice, buy booze from bon voyage. Or use rumrunners. Dont try empty water bottles.

Two of 17 cabins got booze on? That's hard to believe... even the most strict alcohol checks would not find half of the well-hidden booze in checked bags. Simply put, they do not have the manpower to search every bag. I doubt one bag in 20 is diverted to the naugty room.

Anyway, congrats on getting your stuff onboard. I used to bring beer but decided it was too heavy to mess with. I just bring liquor from home and bring beer back from the ports.

After careful consideration, we have decided not to board with alcohol...it seems that Carnival has ramped up security...and things are a lot tighter than before... would much rather have the bottle waiting in my room...then having it confiscated...

So be it..just my humble opinion...

My opinion even if they catch you all they do is keep it till the cruise is over...not a really big deal.

I think that is only if the liquor is in the original bottle. If you've put it in water or mouthwash bottles, they throw it out.

I guess my days of taking mini Jose Cuervo golden margaritas are gone!

A few weeks ago in tampa on the Legend, 4 of us had rum runner flasks hidden in our luggage. One of us also had a 9 pk of aluminum beer bottles along with the rum runners of liquor. That was the only suitcase gone thru and everything was confiscated. The beer must have shown up on xray and thye decided to check the entire contents thouroughly and found each flask. He did get the beer the last night, but lost the rum runner flasks.

Archived