Carnival Military Discounts

bjboothman

If you ask ,Carnival almost always offers a military discount. I booked Glory for May 7 and my daughter (navy)and boyfriend, just back from Iraq desided to join us. She called and got my husband and myself a discount AND an upgrade. Can't beat that! We are retired military and she is active duty so that helped.

BTW they are offering free admition to sea world and some of the parks like busch gardens for active duty, but I'm not sure for how long.

We got our military discount on the Fantasy for Nov. It's widely available through Carnival, but there are a limited number of discounts available per ship. The discount was about $200 total for a 4 day cruise for 2 people. I've seen others post that it's around $200/person for a 7 day.

Retired military and always ask and get a military discount from Carnival. There fleet wide military discounts are better than their best sales prices ever. Best so far was $410 for a 7 day cruise on the Destiny on a Southern Caribbean cruise with a veranada.

Other cruise lines also offer military discounts, but they vary amongst the cruise lines. Each cruise line has it own rules and limitations. Simply call and ask the cruise line's reservation 1-800 number. Call all the cruise lines and take best offer. What have you got to loose.

An example being Holland America Line has a military discount only for active duty personnel, thus being retired we do not qualify for their military discount.

Additionally, cruise lines offer discounts for some normal civilian occupations and again that varies by cruise line.

Cruisevirgin - I had to fax a copy (or mail it) of my personnel ID card and was told to bring the card with me. No doubt your relative carries the card with him at all times anyway.

I've read here that some sailings have the discount and some do not. The first cruise that I called to inquire about, I was told there was no discount on it (possibly a more popular sailing?) and the second cruise I inquired about, I received a $100/pp discount on a seven day cruise.

I'm not sure what other lines offer military discounts, but I can assure you that Princess does not. BTW, DH is retired military - some lines may only offer active duty discounts.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

Previously posted to the board, thanks for the info on the upcoming cruise that offers military discount. Just as an FYI, you do not always get a military discount or senior or previous cruiser. We tried for our up coming cruise on the Miracle April 3rd and were told that no discounts were being offered.

My brother-in-law got a military discount for our May 29 Valor sailing. Unfortunately, I didn't know to ask when we made the reservations a year ago so he didn't get as much off since the price has gone up considerably.

Archived