Sign & Sail Discrepencies ?

butterflysweeti

Sign & Sail Discrepencies (not sure if I spelled that right?!)

Since everything is charged to your sign & sail card, anyone ever had any issues or things charged that shouldn't have been?

- can you pay the bill each night of the cruise

- can you pay cash at the end of the cruise to clear the balance, if yes, do the charges not show up on your credit?

I am a little bervous charging everything to my card - but obviously thousands of people do it everyday on the cruise ships - thats why I was wondering if anyone had had any issues & what to do about it.

On newer ships like Conquest, the tvs will show your bill whenever you want to check it. Just go to menu, then you put in your folio # from your card and have to click thru it and exit. It works.

I put it on a credit card. Once on Princess I got charged a bottle of water I knew I didnt drink since I dont drink bottled water, but thats the only time I had a problem. I went to the purser's desk and it was taken off.

Since everything is charged to your sign & sail card, anyone ever had any issues or things charged that shouldn't have been?

- can you pay cash at the end of the cruise to clear the balance, if yes, do the charges not show up on your credit?

I am a little bervous charging everything to my card - but obviously thousands of people do it everyday on the cruise ships - thats why I was wondering if anyone had had any issues & what to do about it.

The bill isn't settle to your credit card until the final day of your cruise. If you see any discrepancies on your bill you can dispute it. I would suggest you get a copy of your bill every couple of day to check it out.

You can't pay cash at the end of the cruise but you can put cash down as a deposit. When it gets close to running out they will have you put more cash down. Any monies left over they will give you a check.

I have never had any issues with my sail and sign account but doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Any issue you need to bring up with the guest services desk before you leave the ship

Depending on the ship, you can check your charges on the interactive cabin tv. Since everything is based on the four digit folio number on your S&S card, it is possible for numbers to be transposed and applied to the wrong account( hasnt happened to me yet...knock on wood)

I always set up my account with a credit card and close it out the last evening by paying cash. The credit card is never actually charged.

Sure, mistakes happen.

What we do is go to the pursers desk mid week and ask for a print out. then go over anything that we may question.

Do not wait til the last day- it will be crowded down there.

You can use cash to pay your sign and sail card

my wife and I have cruised carnival 12 times, ver this period we have had differet items billed to our S&S card. we either went to the Desk or called. Everything was made correct.

we have been charged for beach towels, room water, beer & robe.

always checked CC when we got home.

Op, we usually set up our account with cash the first day and keep an eye on it during the cruise. We never spend too much and always get money back at the end. (It helps that neither one of us drink much at all... lol) And.. we have never had a discrepency either!

:cool:I got off Conquest 2 1/2 weeks ago and my CC statement came in on Mon. And it was the same as my S&S bill I got at the end of the cruise!!:) (Thankfully it wasn't too much)!!!:p

Archived