Ship Time??

lprime60

The ship time will be the same time as its home port. When we sailed out of Port Canaveral, FL, ship time was the same as eastern time (adjusted for daylight savings). All 4 ports we visited were in a different time zone, and Belize didn't observe daylight savings. What that meant was that when we were in Cozumel, it might be 10:00 ship time, but it was 9:00 there. You should always stay on ship time if you're off on your own, or else you might not get back to the ship before it sails. Belize was actually 2 hours earlier than ship time for us.

If ship time ever changes for any reason, they will announce it during the cruise that they will be moving ahead or back one hour. This would be most common during the daylight savings switches. But I've heard a couple people say that the ship changed times to reflect the time of the ports they were going to. But from my experiences, this hasn't happened.

joycefnp, when you see the times that you'll be in port, those times are referring to ship time (the time zone of where the cruise starts/ends). So if the port is in a different time zone, you'll need to make the proper adjustments in your mind, when scheduling your non-Carnival excursion. This is mainly just a concern if you're booking a non-Carnival excursion.

whatever time you leave port, thats ship time, so as someone said prior, if you leave port at 4pm, you dock at your next location at 8am ship time, it may be 7 8 or 9 am island time. also, the ship does not change for dayllight savings..talk about confusing. we left on a thursday, and that saturday you switched forward an hour. but the ship does not for the entire time. so when you dock at the end of the cruise you dock at 7am ship time, but in reality back in say florida its already 8am, so thats when you loose your hour....hope that makes sense

I read some people talk about ship time, what does that mean is it different than eastern standard time

Depends what port you leave from.. if you leave from the west coast yes ship time is 3 hrs different than eastern... always stay on ship time.. most if not all tour operators are aware of this;)

So basicly if we are leaving from port canaveral going to bahamas, freeport and nassau it should all be the same time cause im told there is no time change on that itinerary, is that correct?

yep. The time on the islands will be the same time as in Florida

do NOT use a cell phone for time- sometimes the cell will change time to reflect island time.

and here is why. My cell phone displaying Roger Wireless in Atlantic time instead of T-Mobile in Eastern time:

P1030393.JPG

Good thing my watch has the right time (ship time, which is eastern time)

Archived