Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great! 12 sticks of butter... when you put it that way, well, What an image! I have passed the 10 pounds lost mark this morning! So excited!! (total of 10.4 pounds since 1/17)

I have gotten into the routine of drinking 3 of my water bottles (20oz bottle) a day during work. I am going to try to work up to 4 a day now. Let's hope I don't float away :p.

This weekend the family is taking another hike, although this one is a very mild 3 mile walk. I know it will be fun and I love being outside in beautiful weather but I am kind of sad that we chose such a short hike and with little incline to it as well. Maybe I can talk them into something additional :)

Have a great day everyone and keep up the stellar work!

Hey LP, maybe you could pick up a couple of 5pound ankle weights to make the hike a little more challenging for you. It's great that you're thinking ahead about how to make it a bigger workout for you!:)

I went to "beginner zumba" this morning and it was wwwaaaaaaaayyyy to tame for me, so I'm going to suck it up and try to keep up with the big girls next week. There is a family zumba class on Sunday afternoon that I'll go to. Should be fun. Hope kids down laugh at me.:o

Hey LP, maybe you could pick up a couple of 5pound ankle weights to make the hike a little more challenging for you. It's great that you're thinking ahead about how to make it a bigger workout for you!:)

I went to "beginner zumba" this morning and it was wwwaaaaaaaayyyy to tame for me, so I'm going to suck it up and try to keep up with the big girls next week. There is a family zumba class on Sunday afternoon that I'll go to. Should be fun. Hope kids down laugh at me.:o

Hoping to go to Zumba again tomorrow at Curves- however we are getting anywhere from 10 - 14 inches of SNOW again overnight. Will have to see how the roads are. How I wish I was in the Carribean!

VT, More snow!!???!!! :eek: When is it ever going to end? They say even we may get some snow midweek! Nice job going to Curves and Zumba! Does your curves have zumba there? That would be awesome!

Yes, our Curves has Zumba incorporated into the circuit. However, I didn't make it there today. I ended up at the hospital last night with DH (he went by ambulance) we thought he was having a heart attack..turns out it is his gall bladder and he is still in the hospital tonight. Drove thru 8 inches of unplowed snow to follow the ambulance.....tired today and will have to stay home from work tomorrow to find out how his tests come out. Curves will have to wait I guess.....Very thankful it was not his heart and that this didn't happen during our cruise!

Yes, our Curves has Zumba incorporated into the circuit. However, I didn't make it there today. I ended up at the hospital last night with DH (he went by ambulance) we thought he was having a heart attack..turns out it is his gall bladder and he is still in the hospital tonight. Drove thru 8 inches of unplowed snow to follow the ambulance.....tired today and will have to stay home from work tomorrow to find out how his tests come out. Curves will have to wait I guess.....Very thankful it was not his heart and that this didn't happen during our cruise!

OMG!!! VT, I'm so sorry that you and DH had such a scare! At least he's at the hospital where they can watch him and you can get some rest. Good luck with the tests. Gall bladder disease is usually called the 4F disease. Forty, Female, Fat and Fertile. Not nice, but a good descriptor of who usually is afflicted with GB issues.

Curves WILL wait! :) Stay safe and best wishes to your DH. Let us know how it goes.

I have many blessings! Including the support from this group and Face Book. Thank you for your messages and prayers and support.

DH came home from the hospital today- he will have to take it easy, low fat diet and then next week on TH he will have Out Patient surgery. So- the cruise is still a go for March 31st!

Thank you again!

I have many blessings! Including the support from this group and Face Book. Thank you for your messages and prayers and support.

DH came home from the hospital today- he will have to take it easy, low fat diet and then next week on TH he will have Out Patient surgery. So- the cruise is still a go for March 31st!

Thank you again!

VT, I've been watching for you to post. So glad that he's home!:) I'm sorry he has to have surgery, but at least he'll be recovered enough for the cruise and it will be a great opportunity for lots of R & R! :D

Having him on LFD will be good, no extra work for you and you'll probably be more diligent watching for him than you are for yourself. It's a "mom thing"!:rolleyes:

Rest easy and keep to your plan!

:DWooHoo!!!

Finally getting comments from people asking if I've lost weight. :D

Sure bolsters the weight loss effort.

My weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been good at all this week. Went out to dinner with co workers Friday night, (had a margarita) and then my gr daughters birthday on Sunday, had a small piece of cake and a little ice cream.

Still within my WW "extra" points range. So we'll see how I fare up.

Either way, I'm happy:cool:

:DWooHoo!!!

Finally getting comments from people asking if I've lost weight.

Sure bolsters the weight loss effort.

My weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been good at all this week. Went out to dinner with co workers Friday night, (had a margarita) and then my gr daughters birthday on Sunday, had a small piece of cake and a little ice cream.

Still within my WW "extra" points range. So we'll see how I fare up.

Either way, I'm happy

Suzque, That is so exciting!!! :D Getting compliments is so motivating! It shows that your hard work is paying off. I don't think your GD birthday party is going to mess you up as long as you remember how good it felt to have someone notice your loss.

Funny story. My Dad, who is 84, noticed that I had lost some weight. His weight is fine, but my mom could stand to lose some. Anyway, he said " It's great that you've lost weight, what is your plan?" So I said, "I gave up drinking wine." Then he said, "Oh. What's plan B?" It cracked me up. He'd like mother to lose, but he knows she'll never give up her wine and at 80, I don't think she should! :)

VT, DH ok today? Hope everything is getting back to normal.

LP, How you doing? How was your hike?

I have found a new motivation in Zumba! I'm absolutely hooked on it and I'm now noticing that I'm not the worst in the class! That I'm able to notice anything is a good thing. I'm finally able to catch on to a few of the moves... not ready for prime time, but better. What a huge contrast to the old Richard Simmons, "Sweating to the Oldies"! :p Haha!!

Have a great day everyone, hang in there VT!:)

5326 Jan…Rolling stones it is … one of my favourite songs is “Wild Horses” they move too J

Vtcruisenet ….Love that you have a work out partner J So sorry about your DH... You are both in my prayers!!!

Lovepea.. 10lbs is amazing!!!!!!

Susque49… That is such a big pay off .. having people notice!!! Yahhooo

So I’m down 7 lbs since the New Year.. Slow but steady J

Pia, 7 pounds is great! Slow and steady wins the race!:D We started at the same time... jan 1, us and a million others. You're doing better than I am.

Suzque, You're like a runaway train now! :eek: There's no stopping you! I bet you feel better than you have in a good while! You should be so proud. Good for you!

I'm getting ready to go to Zumba, my new addiction. I hope that by Mar 1 I will feel the difference in my clothes. Cutting down on calories just doesn't do it for me like it used to. I'm still stuck at about 5.5lbs down, but I think jolting my body with exercise will rev up my metabolism enough to burn a little faster. I hope so...:rolleyes:

Jan, I think mixing it up with new exercises is a great idea. I keep hearing so much about Zumba. From you ladies here and other people I know. I'm gonna have to look into it some time!

My hike was good last week, although not an extreme exercise by any stretch. My bf's brother in law is extremely out of shape (not necessarily a weight issue, but cardio-wise). He has a hard time walking 1/2 mile without being totally winded. So we have been having these "family hikes" to help get him moving without it being sterile gym environment, but rather a nice day out. It's enjoyable, but not always the same pace as if bf and I went alone.

This week I am down 1.2 pounds so far, total of 11.2 since Jan 17. I have been mostly doing it through less calories, but I know I will have to increase my exercise too. If only I had another hour in the day :)

Hi Everyone! Getting ready for a big romantic weekend??? Not me, DH is at a conference in SLC, so I'm hanging out at home. I really don't mind being home alone. In fact, in some respects I really like it. Eat what I want (well... within reason), eat when I want, go to bed when I want, wake up when I want, no snoring, bathroom stays clean all week.... well, you get my drift! I'll be glad when he's home next week though. Can only take so much self indulgence! :rolleyes:

LP, congrats on the 1.2 lbs! 5 sticks of butter! Even if you couldn't make the workout what you wanted, you got up and did something, so Yay for you!:D

I did Zumba again today. Different Y, different teacher, not as good, but still fun. It was slower and more repetitive, so it was a good chance to practice the moves. I'm getting a little better, but not ready to move off the back row yet.:rolleyes: So far that's 4 classes this week. Would have gone yesterday, but we had snow. :mad:

Happy Valentines Weekend!!!

VT, how's dh doing?

Happy Sunday Everyone! :D

I love reading about the progress that everyone is having.

A friend of mine got me really thing about how much fiber i have in my diet... well in my case not enough.:eek: So i bought a bag of "Nutri-Cleanse" Its all natural and has no added junk in it. All seeds and oils. I have been having it for breakfast as it feels me up.... and has no after taste.

Well something's working as I'm down another 2lbs bringing the total from January 1st to 8lbs.:D

Happy Sunday Everyone! :D

I love reading about the progress that everyone is having.

A friend of mine got me really thing about how much fiber i have in my diet... well in my case not enough.:eek: So i bought a bag of "Nutri-Cleanse" Its all natural and has no added junk in it. All seeds and oils. I have been having it for breakfast as it feels me up.... and has no after taste.

Well something's working as I'm down another 2lbs bringing the total from January 1st to 8lbs.:D

Oh Wow!!!! Pia, I hope you're sticking close to home!:eek: Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep up with the fluids that you lose during the "cleanse". You don't want to get dehydrated or your body will be chemically out of whack.

You must be feeling some weight loss after losing 8 pounds! I think I've read that around 10 pounds is usually a dress size. YAY for you!!!:D

Enjoy your Sunday, mine is being spent researching ports of call on the Black Sea! woo hoo... 200 more days!:D

Oh Wow!!!! Pia, I hope you're sticking close to home! Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep up with the fluids that you lose during the "cleanse". You don't want to get dehydrated or your body will be chemically out of whack.

You must be feeling some weight loss after losing 8 pounds! I think I've read that around 10 pounds is usually a dress size. YAY for you!!!:D

Enjoy your Sunday, mine is being spent researching ports of call on the Black Sea! woo hoo... 200 more days!:D

Thanks

I am drinking plenty of water :) I feel it when i don't!

The fiber isn't a cleanse it's name is a bit misleading. It has Flax Seed, Psylilum husks, dandelion root powder, burdock root powderna fenugreek seed powder and mega 3 + 6.

1/3 a cup has 90 calories in it. I have been drinking it with orange juice and love it. (and i haven't needed to stick close to home);)

My friend that advised me of it has been using it in her yogurt every morning for the past year and also uses it in sauces and soups. the 1/3 cup is 60% of your daily fiber requirement.

and yes my clothes are starting to feel different :D LOVE this feeling!

What ports will you be visiting?

Thanks

I am drinking plenty of water :) I feel it when i don't!

The fiber isn't a cleanse it's name is a bit misleading. It has Flax Seed, Psylilum husks, dandelion root powder, burdock root powderna fenugreek seed powder and mega 3 + 6.

1/3 a cup has 90 calories in it. I have been drinking it with orange juice and love it. (and i haven't needed to stick close to home);)

My friend that advised me of it has been using it in her yogurt every morning for the past year and also uses it in sauces and soups. the 1/3 cup is 60% of your daily fiber requirement.

and yes my clothes are starting to feel different :D LOVE this feeling!

What ports will you be visiting?

Pia, I'm really glad.... I thought you were using something like "colon blow"! :o

Our cruise is going to be so much fun! We've only visited one place on the itinerary, so it makes it even more special! We start in Athens, then to Volos, Greece where there are amazing Monasteries up on sheer cliffs... see here... http://www.google.com/images?q=monasteries+of+meteora&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=681 From there we go into the Black Sea through the Bosphorus Strait and go to Varna, Bulgaria, then to Constanta, Romania where we'll take a ship's tour to Bucharest. Then we'll go to Odessa and Yalta both ports in the Ukraine where the Crimean War took place. From there we'll go to Istanbul for 2 days before leaving the Black Sea, and into the Adriatic Sea, we'll have 2 sea days before arriving in Kopor, Slovenia and finally into Venice. We'll be gone for almost 3 weeks altogether. This board has been so amazing to find recommendations for tours and private guides, as well as tips on what to... and not to do. I'm enjoying the research almost as much as I will enjoy the trip... probably not, but it is fun!:)

Hello all! Happy Valentines Day! I will be hitting Curves on the way home today- DH is doing better- supposed to have out patient surgery on Thursday this week. My weekend had too many carbs in it, so I am back on the salad and yogurt kick! I am going to have to break down and order the new swim suit as they take so long to come and I only have 45 DAYS! Yippee!:D

My story, I am a big guy and plan on losing some weight this year. I am 6' 2" and weighed 320 pounds about two weeks. I have started a low carb diet and my wife is a great help with planning really good meals to keep me happy. My weight today is 309, so I am feeling I am doing better now.

My history a little, I got hurt in the Coast Guard when I had a bad fall. I damaged both my knees, the right one the most and compressed my spine. I use to be 6' 3", I lost about 1 inch in my height. I have started doing water aerobics which is great, it takes the strain off my knees and I can get some good exercise in. I also bought a couple of forward pedal bicycles that are easy on the knees, one for me and one for my wife.

My goal is to get down to 260 pounds by November, 49 pounds to go!

Hi VT, sounds like you've got it together! Salad and yogurt... that's why dieting is so hard for me. I am a carb addict! :o 45 days until you cruise??? I'm so excited for you! That's no time at all. I don't have all the "stuff" connected with peoples cruises showing. Where are you cruising to?

Welcome PK! (hope it's ok to shorten your name) Thank you for your service!!!:D Sorry to hear about your accident. You have come to the right place for support! Everyone here is in the same boat (no pun intended for Coast Guard reference), need to lose and want to cruise! It sounds like you at least have a great start. 11 pounds is a lot of weight to have already lost. Here's a visual for you... 44 sticks of butter! :eek: Think about those sticks of butter laid out on the counter. It's a lot! Go to the store and hold 11 lbs of something (bags of flour, etc) That's a lot of weight that your knees don't have to struggle with anymore!

So, you want to lose another 49 by November. That sounds like a long time, but by breaking it down and making smaller goals it will be less daunting. Try for 6-7 pounds a month. It will be easier to do in the beginning, so if you can lose more great, but that will get you there by November. Water aerobics is fun and if you feel like your knees can handle it, swimming is great for elongating the muscles and giving you a nice shape. :) Happy to have you in our group!

Hey guys, just stopping by to see how you all are doing. Welcome aboard Peacekeeper, sounds like you are off to a good start!

Bf took me out on Sunday for Valentine's day and I think I had one too many beers :p Then he bought me a cupcake. I also have been feeling "blah" the last few days, like I have no motivation to get on my elliptical at all. So surprise surprise, my weight hasn't budged at all in the past week. I'm disappointed in myself to feel this way so early in my efforts. But at least today I ate only healthy foods instead of beer and cupcakes., right?

Hey guys, just stopping by to see how you all are doing. Welcome aboard Peacekeeper, sounds like you are off to a good start!

Bf took me out on Sunday for Valentine's day and I think I had one too many beers :p Then he bought me a cupcake. I also have been feeling "blah" the last few days, like I have no motivation to get on my elliptical at all. So surprise surprise, my weight hasn't budged at all in the past week. I'm disappointed in myself to feel this way so early in my efforts. But at least today I ate only healthy foods instead of beer and cupcakes., right?

Hey LP, Beer and cupcakes!!!! Breakfast of champions! :D Don't beat yourself up. The only thing bad about falling off the wagon, is if you let it run over you. :rolleyes: Get on your eliptical, go for a walk, hit the gym, whatever it takes to put you back in the routine. I'm proud of you for eating better today! Tomorrow is a new day!:)

Archived