Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

VT, Great job with Curves! Keep up the good work!:D

Suzeque, down again!!! That's awesome! 6 sticks of butter off the butt! :pYAY!

BPlazo, Isn't Target awesome! I almost hate to go in anymore, b/c I'm almost always wearing something that I got there! Use whatever you need for motivation, it's all going to get you to the right place!:D

I'm down another 1.1 pounds this week. :D Tomorrow I'm going back to DD house. That baby's got to be ready soon. I know DD sure is ready for him! If nothing else, I can cook and clean and play with GS for a few days so she can rest up!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone. My name is Krista and I am new here.

I am hoping to get in shape after being lazy for way too long. We are planning a family cruise in June 2012. But I would like to reach my goals of weight loss and toned body ASAP.

I joined a gym this past Friday and alredy have taken a Bodypump class and a Zumba class. I also walk on the treadmill and do the eliptical.

Today I went to Kroger to stock up on some healthier food choices, reading lables and skipping the snack aisle. I am a very picky eater and a pop addict.

My stats:

5'2'' tall

SW (today) 137lbs ( the scale was, off I think it is more like 139-140)

Goal 127lbs

highest weight 150? I lost 20lbs sometime between Summer of 2009 and Summer of 2010. Gained some back during the holidays. Half of that weight loss was due to chasing a toddler around:rolleyes: the other half was because of illness:mad:

Hi Krista, I see that you refer to soda as "pop". I lived in Ohio for alot of years and we always called in pop and now that I live in Texas I get strange looks when I say pop.

I am also like to drink alot of pop but I have been trying to stay away from it but it is so hard. Good luck!

Welcome Krista! Sounds like you are already ahead of the game. You're not to far from your goal, you know what to do and how to do it! :D It's great that you are joining us!

I always called soda "Coke" when I was growing up.... then people would look at me funny when I'd say that I wanted a root beer coke.:rolleyes: I love regional slang!

Hope you share some of your healthy eating habits with us.

Thanks for the support everyone. Yep Coke, pop, soda, cola whatever you call it is bad for the diet. I am trying to wean myself off of it but it is not going so well.

Hi Krista, I'm sure you've tried the obvious... moving to diet soda? My DD wanted to stop drinking Coke, but didn't like diet coke, so she moved to Diet Dr Pepper and it was different enough that she couldn't compare it to anything. Just a thought. I had to stop drinking all soda b/c it makes me feel so bloated all the time!:rolleyes: As a treat sometimes I'll drink a diet coke with a lime in it, but only if it's a soda fountain coke, the cans and bottles seem to have more air in them.

At least you've identified a problem and have set out to do something about it. That's a big step!:)

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here.

I tried to get involved last year, but had a lot of drama and had to drop off... the boards, the face of the Earth, etc. I blew out a knee and well, my weight loss journey just went off track.

But its a new year and a new start!

I've read back several pages to see how everyone is doing and it seems you all are doing great!

I'm a little embarrassed to say that most everyone's current weight is my goal weight :( but I AM down 38.5 pounds from where I started last June, so that's at least something! My goal is to lose 80 pounds total, so I'm nearly to my halfway point.

My weigh-ins are on Friday mornings at 8am. It's how I keep myself accountable for the week. I have a private office and my biggest problem is snacking during the work week.

As for our next cruise... I'm sad to say we don't have one booked yet for this year. It's the first time in FOREVER that we haven't had something booked. My hubby just started a new job at the end of last year and doesn't have much vacation time. But then just last night he told me he'd like to check out one of RCCL's new ships, either Oasis or Allure. So I'm sure if I can find a good deal I can persuade him to give up some of his precious days off - LOL!

Good to meet all of you and I look forward to "reporting" in!

Ann

Hey Ann! Don't feel bad about your starting weight or goal weight. I can tell you, that mine is higher too, but I haven't posted the actual numbers here. Maybe I should, for accountability and all that!

I started this at 286.6 :o and my goal for Nov 30th is 170. May not happen, but that's where I am aiming right now. Today, I am at 282.4, which is a loss of 4.2 in about 2 weeks.

Welcome Ann! I'm really glad that you came aboard! :D We are all starting with different numbers attached to us, but we're really here for support. This isn't a contest, but a network of trust and friendship. For whatever reason, we all weigh more than we want to and we're working to change that. I've fought my weight since I had my first child. He's now 35! I have good years and bad. But I always love the way I feel when I am at a good weight for me. I want to feel that way at my youngest son's wedding in July. :)

LP, thank you for trusting us enough to reveal something that you thought you didn't want to share. I feel honored to be a part of a group that gives you the confidence to do that.:)

Nice work ladies! We all have a lot of work to do, but at least we know we're not alone!

Jan, I just can't drink diet pop (icky) but i did get some drink mixes that i am going to add to my water bottles. I am cutting pop down and down and down trying to wean myself off of the caffein without getting migrains.

Welcome Ann. It seems like you have lost lots already. Good job:)

My sil and family are from Fort Worth too. They bwi9ll be cruising with us in 2012.

Today, I worked out with a personal trainer. Free for joining the gym. I get 1 more session. She showed me different resistance exercises and how to do them correct. She is good but I can't afford a trainer so I'll just take my free sessions and hopefully learn and remember.

Happy Friday all! And thank you all for the warm welcome.

Well, my weigh-in this morning was decent but not great. I was down a half pound for the week.

I was kind of disappointed because after having been sick for two weeks (allergies, sinusitis, yuck) I had been finally feeling better. I had resumed my twice a week yoga routine and had been eating better.

But I rationalized it by saying a loss is a loss. And WAAAY better than a gain any day! That's one of my NYR (New Year's Resolutions) try to be positive. I'm just really trying to hit the 1/2 way mark of 40 pounds!

My hubby and I are going out to Ruth's Chris (steaks) tomorrow night to celebrate my upcoming graduation from college. I decided to go back a couple of years ago to finish that pesky bachelor's degree I never finished in my 20's. It's been tough, but I will be finishing up in a couple of weeks. I'm turning in my thesis on Saturday morning, so we're going out to a $200 dinner Saturday night, courtesy of my fabulous boss. It is definitely a splurge, but I'm going to stick to a great steak and a salad and try to forgo the wine.

Then I'll have to climb back on the wagon Sunday morning - LOL!

Ann

Oh -- PS, I'm in San Antonio, and we all say "Coke" for all soft drinks.

But for what its worth, I gave them ALL up in June. Haven't had any "coke" of any kind in 8 months!

Welcome Ann from Texas! yes, we all have different numbers an I haven't posted mine here, but I have over 100 pounds to lose.........I honestly don't know when it snuck up on me and stuck to my hips, stomach and butt- but it did! My goal right now is to get thru each day, one day at a time. If I have a bad day, or meal or whatever, it is over with and I try to move on. Setting myself up for failure is why I keep losing and gaining weight! My other goal is to have more mobility on our cruise in April. I am already feeling so much better just be exercing.......

So- another week,- that much closer to the cruise! Curves tonight and guess what? -30 below weather scheduled for this weekend! Maybe I will burn some calories staying warm!:eek:

Hi Krista, Ann and VT!!! sounds like we're all "getting the job done"!

San Antonio is one of my favorite towns to visit! Love the River Walk! Congrats on your degree!!! That's so awesome! Enjoy Ruth's Chris. Get the steamed broccoli! It's awesome and if you get it as an appetizer it will fill you up. Don't sacrifice to the point that you resent it or you'll sabotage yourself into a "revenge" binge.... been there, done that!:rolleyes: Plus, give yourself a hand!!! 1/2 a pound loss is still a LOSS!!!! clap clap clap!!

OMG!!! I can't even imagine a MINUS temp!!! :eek: I go to visit my son, dil and grandson in Colorado and the temp goes to 0, but I try to stay away during the winter. I'm definitely a moderate temp girl! Awesome job sticking with Curves!

Having a personal trainer is a nice freebee from your gym! I worked with one once and I liked that she was pushing me harder than I wanted to go, but at the same time, I wanted her to tell me what to do, then go away. I'm a little independent when it comes to exercise. Probably why I need to be pushed.:rolleyes:

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind if i join this post :D as i too am working toward getting healthier.

Currently i need to loose 60 lbs. Since January 1st i have lost 5 :p.. so 55 more to go!:p

I have promised myself that if i loose 20 before April 1st i will take myself on a repo from Vancouver to Seattle ... then spend the day at Nordstrams rack and take the train home in the evening.

I have done WW before and lost 10 lbs. I know my issue is that i need to track everything that goes into my mouth so i have a great ap for my iPone called "Lose It" and this tracks my calories and also my weight.

Well Best choices to everyone :)

Hi Pee-Ah! Welcome to the group!!! If you don't think 5 pounds is much, go to the grocery store and pick up a bag of sugar or flour. It's a lot! Congrats!!! Getting started is the hardest!

Ok, I think we've all heard this a number of times, but we can keep ourselves honest by tracking what we eat. Bites, Licks and Tastes all count!!!:rolleyes: I am using a great tracking chart that I like better than ww. Here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more It's free and it's easy. I put it up on my "favorites bar" and just click on it with each meal or snack. They have a pretty good list of foods and a way to calculate for things they don't have.

Have a great Sunday everyone!:D

Hi Pee-ah.

Welcome. Sounds like you are on your way with a great reward for reaching your goals.:)

Keep us updated on your progress.

Hi Pee-Ah! Welcome to the group!!! If you don't think 5 pounds is much, go to the grocery store and pick up a bag of sugar or flour. It's a lot! Congrats!!! Getting started is the hardest!

Ok, I think we've all heard this a number of times, but we can keep ourselves honest by tracking what we eat. Bites, Licks and Tastes all count!!!:rolleyes: I am using a great tracking chart that I like better than ww. Here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more It's free and it's easy. I put it up on my "favorites bar" and just click on it with each meal or snack. They have a pretty good list of foods and a way to calculate for things they don't have.

Have a great Sunday everyone!:D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I love the idea of picking up the bag of sugar / flour! Its is a lot!

Well sundays are my weigh in days... and happy to report that i have lost another lb.:D

I'll check out the webiste! Thanks!:D

Way to go Pee-ah on your pound loss! That's just great!

I'm back at my desk at work and just not in the right mood to work today. I had a great weekend, even if I didn't do anything exciting at all. Saturday was full house cleaning, managed to get a work out in and eat very well. Sunday was some down time, clean out the whole shed and go grocery shopping. I like weekends where I am able to actually get so much done!

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around for a few days! DD finally had the baby!!!:D:D:D Of course he's beautiful, but also healthy and is a good sleeper and eater. He weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and is 22" long. His big brother weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz, so my DD is obviously built for big babies!

I've been here with the 2 year old. He's precious and very good, so it's been fun but I'm not sure how I did it with 3 little ones at the same time!:rolleyes: I guess that's why our bodies cut us off at a certain point. Survival of the species!:p

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in when I can.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! What a joy!

At least having a 2-year old around will keep you active and exercising!

My dinner at Ruth's Chris was to die for Saturday night. But I'm pretty proud. I had a steak and the tomato and onion salad. I stayed away from all of the sides because they all had some kind of cream, butter or I'm sure combination of both. I figured it was a celebration meal and was costing us $150 bucks, so I wasn't going to leave there thinking I deprived myself. Sunday morning I was back on the lowfat, healthy stuff!

I also went to a Zumba class with a co-worker Monday night at her church. It was a blast!!! I did my hour long yoga last night so I'm feeling a little sore today. I found out my gym offers Zumba at 5:30 in the mornings on Thursdays. I'm really thinking long and hard about getting up tomorrow morning to go again, but I'm worried if I'll be able to make my Thursday night yoga class if I'm dancing around doing Zumba at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow - LOL. Decisions, decisions!

All I know is there better be a change on that scale on Friday morning or I'm going to scream!!!

Ann

Congrats Jan. What a joy to have a new baby in the family. And yes, a 2 year old will keep you active. My youngest is 2.

I love My Zumba class. I wish it was more than just once a week. My free trainer sessions are over so I just need to use what she taught me in my workouts.

I am trying something new on the treadmill: Walk jog walk jog..... I have never been a runner but I thought I would give it a try. Hoping to gain some endurance while burning calories.

5:30am? Wow I'm impressed!

I

Archived