Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Yup, the carbs got me this past weekend- I am sluggish and have no energy. Also some stress due to DH surgery tomorrow a.m. One day at a time I tell myself- today was a pretty good day!

We leave out of FLL on the 1st of April on HAL Westerdam to Half Moon Cay, Aruba and Curacao. This will be our 4th cruise on HAL and it is for our 5th wedding anniversary! The second time around, you got to celebrate them all!

We have 6 kids between us and 5 grand children right now and another on the way in August. My DH is 11 years older than I am. We really can't afford this cruise, but I decided we are going to live while we still have each other and can get around! Life is too short!

I appreciate all the support on here! REmember- if you have a bad day, make the next day better by just watching what you put in your mouth, drinking some water and moving!!! It is mind over matter- or in this case WEIGHT!

Why is it that the day I weigh in I am up in my weight, the next day I'm back down again, or even lower.:confused:

Yesterday morning after my shower I was 157, figured dressed and by the end of the day I'd be around 158. Well, I was up to 160, that meant a gain of .4lbs!!!

I got on my scaled when I got home and was exactly the same,:mad:. (Now how and why did I gain 2lbs during the day?) This morning after my shower I was 156.6. Tonight, 158, that would have been a loss of .6 lbs.

But on the bright side I had my hair done today and my hairdresser remarked "you look skinny, have you lost weight?"

SW 169

CW 158.6

GW 135 or less

Hello all! Happy Valentines Day! I will be hitting Curves on the way home today- DH is doing better- supposed to have out patient surgery on Thursday this week. My weekend had too many carbs in it, so I am back on the salad and yogurt kick! I am going to have to break down and order the new swim suit as they take so long to come and I only have 45 DAYS! Yippee!:D

Did you order the suit?

My story, I am a big guy and plan on losing some weight this year. I am 6' 2" and weighed 320 pounds about two weeks. I have started a low carb diet and my wife is a great help with planning really good meals to keep me happy. My weight today is 309, so I am feeling I am doing better now.

My history a little, I got hurt in the Coast Guard when I had a bad fall. I damaged both my knees, the right one the most and compressed my spine. I use to be 6' 3", I lost about 1 inch in my height. I have started doing water aerobics which is great, it takes the strain off my knees and I can get some good exercise in. I also bought a couple of forward pedal bicycles that are easy on the knees, one for me and one for my wife.

My goal is to get down to 260 pounds by November, 49 pounds to go!

Your goal is so reachable!!! Especially with a healthy diet and excerise:D

Hey guys, just stopping by to see how you all are doing. Welcome aboard Peacekeeper, sounds like you are off to a good start!

Bf took me out on Sunday for Valentine's day and I think I had one too many beers :p Then he bought me a cupcake. I also have been feeling "blah" the last few days, like I have no motivation to get on my elliptical at all. So surprise surprise, my weight hasn't budged at all in the past week. I'm disappointed in myself to feel this way so early in my efforts. But at least today I ate only healthy foods instead of beer and cupcakes., right?

I wonder if they have thought of making a cupcake flavoured beer? ;)

Well everyone its a beautiful sunny sunday here and i have my nephew from Seattle visitng this weekend. (What a great kid) yesterday we went out for lunch and i had a salad with spinach, tomatoes and avacado ( i wanted the Salmon burger with fries.. but as i had already cheated twice this week.. I thought better)

And very glad that i hadn't cheated. cause i lost anoter lb. Bringing my total to 9.

So im thinking that if i cheat only 1 next week that could mean 2 lbs... (I allow 1 cheat a week as i want my diet plan to realistic and to be maintainable :))

So tonight taking the family for Greek food... Thankfully love a good Greek salad

Well have a great week everyone! Oh and 5326Jane.. Love your words of wisedom!!!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I've really gotten into the Zumba classes and have been going 5 times a week. I still hide out in the back of the class, I'm a long way from coordinated with the moves. :o It's so much fun. I found a new class with a skinny little guy that teaches it and I think he's made of jello! When he dances, it looks like he has no bones! He's a riot!

Pia, Congrats on your loss! Yes!!! I saw on Cupcake Wars that a guy made a sauerkraut cupcake with beer frosting!!!:p I don't think that would be very good.

Suzeque, Congrats again!!! You're doing so great! You go on your cruise soon don't you? (I have blocked all avatars and signatures b/c they take up so much space)

My DD and grandkids are coming this weekend and DS and his fiancee are coming too. Should be a fun weekend!!

Keep up the good work everyone!:D

Hi everybody! Suzque, you are on a roll! Way to go with your consistent losses. It's inspiring to me :)

Jan, you should have a great time with so much family around this weekend.

Pee-ah, you are doing so good too. I hope you enjoy time with your nephew. 9 pounds down is great, and I am sure it's even more by now!

VT, I hope your DH is doing better.

I weighed in today and I am down 14.8 pounds since January. I don't feel too much difference in my body yet, but I've got quite a ways to go. Just keep on moving forward. :)

Yes, thank you DH is doing much better! We are about to get snow dumped on us one more time! Looks like about 12" tomorrow!

I have still been going to Curves, mobility is much better and I feel like my clothes fit better, but the scale hasn't moved! I need something to jumpstart a weight loss! any thoughts?:confused:

I would love to join this thread. I would love to lose about 20 pounds before we cruise at the end of May. Realistically, 2 pounds a week would get me there....

Now, I will go read the rest of the thread.

I look forward to giving and getting encouragement in this. :)

Hi everybody! Suzque, you are on a roll! Way to go with your consistent losses. It's inspiring to me :)

Jan, you should have a great time with so much family around this weekend.

Pee-ah, you are doing so good too. I hope you enjoy time with your nephew. 9 pounds down is great, and I am sure it's even more by now!

VT, I hope your DH is doing better.

I weighed in today and I am down 14.8 pounds since January. I don't feel too much difference in my body yet, but I've got quite a ways to go. Just keep on moving forward. :)

that's REALLY GOOD!! :)

Hey Traveller20074! Welcome to the group! I'm happy to see another person joining the fight :) 20 pounds is a great goal to set for yourself for May. With some dedication and hard work, I know you can do it!

Hey VT, you are looking to jumpstart some more changes? Have you tracked what you are eating lately? Sometimes changing up my eating plan helps me to see some changes in the scale. Making sure you are getting enough calories, but not too many. How about water? Do you drink enough to float away? ;) Do you do Curves 3x a week? What do you do on other days? Maybe some different cardio exercising could help?

Jan, how's zumba going?

We had our monthly check in for my family's weight loss challenge. This month, I lost to my dad again!. My dad has lost a total of 9.9% of his starting weight. I've lost 6.2% of my starting weight. My bf lost 3% of his weight. I am okay with my 6.2%! :)

Hi Everyone,

Just have a few minutes but wanted to pop in to say Welcome to Traveller and congrats to those who are hanging in and losing! :D

I'm very frustrated with my lack of progress. I'm losing my commitment, so I've decided to really take drastic measures and am going to do a portioned "tv advertised" diet for a couple months and see if that won't get me back on track. I guess I'm not being honest with myself about my food choices and I'm getting nowhere. I hope that doesn't seem like cheating to you guys and that we can still support each other. :(

Youngest son is getting married in July, we're cruising in September and I just need to get my butt in gear. It's been 2 months and aside from the few pounds I lost in January.... no consistent loss.

Zumba is fun but I haven't made it 5 days this week. My Uncle, no children, no legs.... I think I've mentioned him before, has had many Dr appts and we're also trying to get his house cleaned out and ready for a renter. I think he has hoarding tendencies because there is so much junk, I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of it!:rolleyes:

Have a great week everyone and I'll be back in the right mindset by next week!:)

Booked our first ever cruise on the Caribbean Princess 6/4/11 9 nights (woo hoo) Realized that I am at my heavest weight ever so decided to diet as of Jan 3,2011 now 28 lbs down. I was seriously worried I'd get off the ship in a sheet/toga cause the summer clothes were tight last year and 9 days of desserts and umbrella drinks were going to put my out of clothes and into the toga lol. Now I want to stay on track on the cruise, told the DH we're walking, swimming, gymming etc. hope to stay the same or gain only a little, 5 lbs or less. Was thinking of bringing my scale but it is a vacation and I don't want to make myself crazy. Too late. Already crazy...

I am intimidated by joining a thread that has been established and has posts in the hundreds, so I'm offering up a new one!:o My cruise isn't until September of 2011, but I want to lose about 40lbs and I have many other reasons to lose sooner. Grandchild #3 is due in January, youngest son is getting married in July and our cruise in September. (yay on all of them!)

I joined WW, but haven't been motivated to stick to it much in the last few months. I am the "responisble relative" for an uncle that has had 2 amputations, a broken hip and 3 strokes in the last 18 months, so it's hard to get a good start. That's probably an excuse, but it's all I've got. :rolleyes:

I am 57, 5'5" and weigh about 179. I had been as high as 188 when I joined WW, I lost to 166, then Uncle started needing help. I want to get back into the swing of things and take care of my health too.

I hope someone is interested in checking in and joining me as a weight loss/activity booster "friend". Check in if you're interested!

I booked my curise in Aug of 2010. Started a new life style at the same time. Decided to lose weight starting at 188 pounds. I now weight in at 155.5. I have lost inces as well went from a size 40 jeans to a slim 34. I am still losing my goal is in the 140's by sail time which is Mar 31 on the Inspiration. Me plan includes a few tips that worked very well for me.

I stopped all social eating (only ate out with friends and family on special events).

I no longer cook fried foods.

I no longer eat at a table with food on it.

I cut out all sugars, starch and high carbs.

I only eat when hungery.

I starve the fats and feed the muscle.

Fresh food is a must.

Cook foods a no no.

Canned soups with low sodium and 80 cal a must.

Post ceaerals with whole grain with bran added is a good snack as well as mornings and nite snacking.

As part of my dedicated efforts to eat healthy as well as lose weight, I'm experimenting with new-to-me foods. This morning we went to the farmer's market, and along with cherry tomatoes and red potatoes, I got a small bunch of white turnips. I've never cooked with turnips before, as far as I know, I've never eaten turnips before. Any healthy recipe suggestions?

fresh smoothies the BEST ever!!

hafe of a large peach non fat yougert.

Half pint fresh strawberries.

1 quart fresh blueberries.

One orange.

1/4 cup fresh apple juice.

2 scoopes vanilla whey.

Very filling and very good

I'm very frustrated with my lack of progress. I'm losing my commitment, so I've decided to really take drastic measures and am going to do a portioned "tv advertised" diet for a couple months and see if that won't get me back on track. I guess I'm not being honest with myself about my food choices and I'm getting nowhere. I hope that doesn't seem like cheating to you guys and that we can still support each other. :(

Jan, anything you are doing to improve your health and weight is not cheating. Everyone will find something different that works for them. If using a tv advertised diet is what helps you, then that's great you found something! As long as it isn't something dangerous to your health, like crazy diet pills, embrace it!

Jan, anything you are doing to improve your health and weight is not cheating. Everyone will find something different that works for them. If using a tv advertised diet is what helps you, then that's great you found something! As long as it isn't something dangerous to your health, like crazy diet pills, embrace it!

Thanks LP, My thoughts exactly! I appreciate you saying so!:o

Welcome Comingo! Nice to have another success story in our midst! We're open to all the encouragement and support you bring! Sounds like a good healthy diet. Just on question: Cook foods a no no. No cooked food???:eek: How do you do that? No meat? Please, more details!:)

Thanks LP, My thoughts exactly! I appreciate you saying so!:o

Welcome Comingo! Nice to have another success story in our midst! We're open to all the encouragement and support you bring! Sounds like a good healthy diet. Just on question: Cook foods a no no. No cooked food???:eek: How do you do that? No meat? Please, more details!:)

I have meat no more than 2 times a week. Meant to say no fried foods lol sorry about that. I have not been a big fan of soups, but since they have removed alot of the salt it has been a life saver. Also have removed all the white flour from my home and if I have to use flour I have found that wheat works quite well, but still limit my baking to once a month at best. My goal was to see if I could lose without changing my physical routine. I must admit I miss breads, but other than that I love veggies raw and fruits, so it works well for me. Fish and skinless white chicken broiled, are still great choices and add beans of any kind is very helpful.

I have meat no more than 2 times a week. Meant to say no fried foods lol sorry about that. I have not been a big fan of soups, but since they have removed alot of the salt it has been a life saver. Also have removed all the white flour from my home and if I have to use flour I have found that wheat works quite well, but still limit my baking to once a month at best. My goal was to see if I could lose without changing my physical routine. I must admit I miss breads, but other than that I love veggies raw and fruits, so it works well for me. Fish and skinless white chicken broiled, are still great choices and add beans of any kind is very helpful.

Oh, Phew!!!! I was thinking "survivor" style, only what you can pick or konk on the head!:D:D I do notice that when I eat soup I am much more satisfied than when I eat just a salad. Whatever you are doing must be working great for you, b/c your progress is outstanding! How about exercise, what are you doing?

Rockapulco, Sorry I missed your post!!!:o Welcome and congrats for your great success too! Seriously, leave the scales at home!:eek: It's great that you saw yourself at a certain point and said enough, then really did something about it! It's so much harder as you get older.... don't know how old you are, just speaking for myself. I laughed when I read your post... It reminded me of the old John Belushi Saturday Night Live routines.

Later!

Oh, Phew!!!! I was thinking "survivor" style, only what you can pick or konk on the head!:D:D I do notice that when I eat soup I am much more satisfied than when I eat just a salad. Whatever you are doing must be working great for you, b/c your progress is outstanding! How about exercise, what are you doing?

Rockapulco, Sorry I missed your post!!!:o Welcome and congrats for your great success too! Seriously, leave the scales at home!:eek: It's great that you saw yourself at a certain point and said enough, then really did something about it! It's so much harder as you get older.... don't know how old you are, just speaking for myself. I laughed when I read your post... It reminded me of the old John Belushi Saturday Night Live routines.

Later!

My goal was to see if I can lose without the aid of exercise, unless you consider lifting the mouse from time to time. I have been recovering from 3 major surgeries last year, so this was a good time to see if it was at all possible. I am a senior just barely, but hey you are only as old as you feel LOL.

I hope you all won't mind another addition to your group! I am hoping that some support and encouragement from others that know the struggle will help keep me on track.

I am an almost 40 year old mom of 2. I am going on a cruise in September to celebrate the Big 40 and for a little destress time. I work from home 70 hours per week and after a summer with 2 kids (ages 9 and 6) home all day with me while I try to work I need some me time.

I actually need to lose about 70 pounds total but will be very happy with half of that before I cruise. Because I work so much I don't have a lot of time to excercise. I'm gonna try to at least get out the Wii Fit and get some form of exercise while I''m on my lunch break.

I started my journey (again) about 4 weeks ago and am back top my lowest point since last summer. The winter blues hit and I put some back on over the past several months.

I officially weighed myself today so I have an official stating point. I know that this will be a battle for me as I have food issues but I am hoping to change my mindset and overcome the battle.

I hope you all won't mind another addition to your group! I am hoping that some support and encouragement from others that know the struggle will help keep me on track.

I am an almost 40 year old mom of 2. I am going on a cruise in September to celebrate the Big 40 and for a little destress time. I work from home 70 hours per week and after a summer with 2 kids (ages 9 and 6) home all day with me while I try to work I need some me time.

I actually need to lose about 70 pounds total but will be very happy with half of that before I cruise. Because I work so much I don't have a lot of time to excercise. I'm gonna try to at least get out the Wii Fit and get some form of exercise while I''m on my lunch break.

I started my journey (again) about 4 weeks ago and am back top my lowest point since last summer. The winter blues hit and I put some back on over the past several months.

I officially weighed myself today so I have an official stating point. I know that this will be a battle for me as I have food issues but I am hoping to change my mindset and overcome the battle.

Food is always an issue or we would all have perfect bodies. The time issue can work either way for or against you. Might try putting on a bathing suit and take a picture put it on fridge and in your bathroom. Look at where you are and think of where you want to be. Remove bad tempting things from house. look on internet for meal ideas that are low on carbs. Remember never eat fried foods and find portein full snacks. Try not eating meats once or twice a week (this becomes easier as you get use to it). Good luck

Hey Traveller20074! Welcome to the group! I'm happy to see another person joining the fight :) 20 pounds is a great goal to set for yourself for May. With some dedication and hard work, I know you can do it!

Hey VT, you are looking to jumpstart some more changes? Have you tracked what you are eating lately? Sometimes changing up my eating plan helps me to see some changes in the scale. Making sure you are getting enough calories, but not too many. How about water? Do you drink enough to float away? ;) Do you do Curves 3x a week? What do you do on other days? Maybe some different cardio exercising could help?

Jan, how's zumba going?

We had our monthly check in for my family's weight loss challenge. This month, I lost to my dad again!. My dad has lost a total of 9.9% of his starting weight. I've lost 6.2% of my starting weight. My bf lost 3% of his weight. I am okay with my 6.2%! :)

zumba alright dance your way to a size 2!!!!

Well, I gained a pound, so don't feel bad *thumps self on forehead* I cut out the extra carby stuff, bread, etc. so not sure why I gained. Must have eaten too much though, I'm sure that's it really. It's VERY difficult to stay motivated sometimes in the face of food. I hope you stay here, even though you're doing the tv diet....

Hi Everyone,

Just have a few minutes but wanted to pop in to say Welcome to Traveller and congrats to those who are hanging in and losing! :D

I'm very frustrated with my lack of progress. I'm losing my commitment, so I've decided to really take drastic measures and am going to do a portioned "tv advertised" diet for a couple months and see if that won't get me back on track.I guess I'm not being honest with myself about my food choices and I'm getting nowhere.I hope that doesn't seem like cheating to you guys and that we can still support each other. :( Youngest son is getting married in July, we're cruising in September and I just need to get my butt in gear. It's been 2 months and aside from the few pounds I lost in January.... no consistent loss. Zumba is fun but I haven't made it 5 days this week. My Uncle, no children, no legs.... I think I've mentioned him before, has had many Dr appts and we're also trying to get his house cleaned out and ready for a renter.I think he has hoarding tendencies because there is so much junk, I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of it!:rolleyes:Have a great week everyone and I'll be back in the right mindset by next week!:)

Archived