Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Happy New Year Everyone!

So, between the high calorie foods thrown at me lately and being really ill, I gained two pounds. No big, I'll be back on track in no time.

I start a weekly zumba class on Tuesday and I'm going back to my walking, weight lifting and 30 day shred routine. I went to the grocery store and re-stocked the fruits, veggies and healthy grains. Got WW online and the info downloaded to my phone. Everything is lined up and ready to go!

Here's hoping everyone has a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

My stats are as follows:

5'4" medium frame

194 start

184 current

136 goal

Good Monday Morning all. Hope everyone had/is having a great week. I am excited to report that I have hit the 40lb loss mark :D. Once again thank you all so much for the support ( especially 5326jan). I do leave in a couple days for my cruise so I hope not to blow that all real quick. You will see me making a groove in the jogging track just so I can eat at the steak house and we are contemplating the chef's table as well.:confused:

Good luck all and have a great couple of weeks.

Good Monday Morning all. Hope everyone had/is having a great week. I am excited to report that I have hit the 40lb loss mark :D. Once again thank you all so much for the support ( especially 5326jan). I do leave in a couple days for my cruise so I hope not to blow that all real quick. You will see me making a groove in the jogging track just so I can eat at the steak house and we are contemplating the chef's table as well.:confused:

Good luck all and have a great couple of weeks.

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! :D:D What a great accomplishment. I am very happy to have played a small role in your success, but you are the one who did the work, made the sacrifices, pushed away from the table and were honest with yourself. Now, to make it a lifestyle. Your idea about hitting the jogging track is the right idea. It's too easy to "ask forgiveness", but you are planning ahead to pay it forward. That's the mindset that will make this work for you. This is where I always fail. Once I grab that golden ring, I act like it's over and I can go back to my previous habits.... the ones that keep bringing me here!:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful cruise! You deserve to have a great time, feel awesome about yourself, enjoy your new size and level of energy. Keep track of what you are doing, don't clean your plate, get in some exercise and you will be great.

Come back when you return from your trip and give us a little taste of what we are working for!;)

BON VOYAGE!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

So, between the high calorie foods thrown at me lately and being really ill, I gained two pounds. No big, I'll be back on track in no time.

I start a weekly zumba class on Tuesday and I'm going back to my walking, weight lifting and 30 day shred routine. I went to the grocery store and re-stocked the fruits, veggies and healthy grains. Got WW online and the info downloaded to my phone. Everything is lined up and ready to go!

Here's hoping everyone has a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

My stats are as follows:

5'4" medium frame

194 start

184 current

136 goal

Sorry you were sick! I'm back now too and ready to roll! I also went to the grocery store and stocked up on my low cal/healthy foods. I think I gained 5 pounds over the holidays. My current weight is close to yours and my goal is not as ambitious as yours, but close. Let's race!!! just kidding!:p But maybe we can share the things that work.

I'm going to go to WW and to get a membership at the YMCA. They have zumba classes 3 days a week that I'm interested in. I have NO musicality at all and am a bit of a klutz, so I'll stay at the back of the class to avoid throwing anyone else off.:rolleyes: I put a few books on tape on the ipod in case I have to get on the treadmill or one of the other devices of torture. (I think I told you all in the first post that I'd rather lick the floor than exercise, but now I have no choice.) Apparently, wishing it away doesn't work.

Have a good week!

Hi all,

We just got back from Hawaii and I got the pictures back...and they really highlight my weight gain. About 3 years ago I lost 25 pounds and have now gained 20 of them back. I would like to lose 20 pounds for a cruise we have in Sept. and it just seems so much harder this time. I really need this board. Good luck everyone!

Cleobella, ah your name reminds me of Italy, my favorite destination!!!

I understand your frustration. I have gotten to the point that I hide when I see the cameras come out. Not good, b/c we have little grandchildren so the camera is always out!:rolleyes: They say that it puts 10 pounds on you, but sadly, I think it probably tells you the truth that your loved ones are afraid to tell you.

We go on our cruise in September too, so I am highly motivated.:D My youngest son is also getting married in July, so I definitely don't want to hide in those pics! :D We WILL get there!!!!

I'm 57, so it is harder as we get older, but I think it's because we're slower, set in our ways, and a little stubborn.....OK, I'm talking about myself.:o The only way I can break the cycle is to do it differently and shake up the program. I AM RESPONIBLE FOR WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH!!!! (not yelling at you, yelling at me)

It's a new day and a new year, let's go!!!

Hi everybody! I'd like to join in your group here too! Congrats and have fun Magikfairy!

I've been serious about losing weight before and know I can do it, I just lost all motivation this past year. :(

I hate all the fuss made over New Year's resolutions, but truth be told, I do need a fresh start! I have a big cruise coming up at the end of this year, Dec 2011 (that feels funny to write) a 14 day through the Panama Canal. I really want to be in great shape for it. I don't want to have to miss out on any possible excursion for being over their weight limit.

I haven't set a cruise goal weight just yet, but I need to lose over 100 pounds to be at an ideal weight. I hope to get some exercise in every day and cut out some of the junk I've been eating over the holidays.

Hi everybody! I'd like to join in your group here too! Congrats and have fun Magikfairy!

I've been serious about losing weight before and know I can do it, I just lost all motivation this past year. :(

I hate all the fuss made over New Year's resolutions, but truth be told, I do need a fresh start! I have a big cruise coming up at the end of this year, Dec 2011 (that feels funny to write) a 14 day through the Panama Canal. I really want to be in great shape for it. I don't want to have to miss out on any possible excursion for being over their weight limit.

I haven't set a cruise goal weight just yet, but I need to lose over 100 pounds to be at an ideal weight. I hope to get some exercise in every day and cut out some of the junk I've been eating over the holidays.

Hi LP (hope its ok to shorten),

Welcome Aboard!!! :D We did have a great group of cruisers on here, but with the holidays, we all fallen off the wagon a little. I hope that everyone will return after lives are back to normal.

I know what you mean about resolutions. They become more of a cliche this time of year, but we do need to have a clean slate so that we're not weighed down with previous junk. This is a great time to start.

I have set a reasonable goal of losing 5 pounds a month. I believe that I can lose faster than that, but if I start strong that just gets me there sooner. If I set an unrealistic goal, I'm dooming myself to failure. I do WW and Thursdays will be my weigh in day. My exercise goal is 2 days a week to start. Moving everyday, but really exercising... with sweat involved, 2 times a week. I'm going to try a Zumba class and who knows, maybe I'll like it. :rolleyes:

What are your plans? Do you do WW? What kind of exercise will you do? I'm very glad that you are joining us and hope that we can all support each other through tough times and celebrate when we get it right!

Hi LP (hope its ok to shorten),

Welcome Aboard!!! :D We did have a great group of cruisers on here, but with the holidays, we all fallen off the wagon a little. I hope that everyone will return after lives are back to normal.

I know what you mean about resolutions. They become more of a cliche this time of year, but we do need to have a clean slate so that we're not weighed down with previous junk. This is a great time to start.

I have set a reasonable goal of losing 5 pounds a month. I believe that I can lose faster than that, but if I start strong that just gets me there sooner. If I set an unrealistic goal, I'm dooming myself to failure. I do WW and Thursdays will be my weigh in day. My exercise goal is 2 days a week to start. Moving everyday, but really exercising... with sweat involved, 2 times a week. I'm going to try a Zumba class and who knows, maybe I'll like it. :rolleyes:

What are your plans? Do you do WW? What kind of exercise will you do? I'm very glad that you are joining us and hope that we can all support each other through tough times and celebrate when we get it right!

Zumba sounds fun! For now, I am going to try to use the elliptical trainer we have at home each day and when the weather gets a little better, to try and fit in 2 serious hikes every month. (serious either being over 6 miles or very steep)

I don't do WW or any set diet plan. I also don't feel like counting calories today, but if I am not seeing results within a few weeks, I will start keeping track. I know that that does work for me. I am trying to ease back into this, as I know it is a long-term effort to get where I need to be.

My car pool friend and I went back to Curves last night........it was a very sombering event! I weighed 11 pounds more than when I was there back in April! I am 35 pounds over what I was for our cruise in 2008! There is no way my cruise clothes are going to fit if I don't get busy! so......I am following a well balanced diet plan, and we are hitting Curves and Zumba 3X a week! I only have til March 31st! I have made up my mind to be healthy and I am taking this one meal, one day at a time. I could really use the support from all you here! Thanks! Robin

Robin, you've got my support! March 31st is a great time-frame to use for motivation, as it's long enough for you to see some serious results and soon enough to give you the incentives not to get bored with the efforts.

Your plan sounds good. Curves and Zumba should give you a nice combination of cardio and strength workouts!!

Where are you headed in March?

My car pool friend and I went back to Curves last night........it was a very sombering event! I weighed 11 pounds more than when I was there back in April! I am 35 pounds over what I was for our cruise in 2008! There is no way my cruise clothes are going to fit if I don't get busy! so......I am following a well balanced diet plan, and we are hitting Curves and Zumba 3X a week! I only have til March 31st! I have made up my mind to be healthy and I am taking this one meal, one day at a time. I could really use the support from all you here! Thanks! Robin

Robin, Reality stinks doesn't it? Ugh... I think of all the weight that I've lost and gained over the years. :( No looking back though! We're all here to move on!

Great job on getting to Curves. It's fun if you have someone to go with, makes time fly! Sounds like you have a workable plan to get back into your cruise clothes! ...maybe even buy a few new things!:D

LP, glad to see you back! Hope you had a good day!

Bplazo, So what's up with Dr Oz? I'm happy to take good advice from anyone, but he does creep me out a little!:o I guess I'm just not one to talk about bodily functions as freely as he does.

Good News!!! I joined the YMCA today!!! YAY ME! By the time I finished filling out all the paperwork, I missed the beginning of the class I was going to take, so I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today is day 4 on my low cal/healthy eating and NO WINE!!!! :eek: Major sacrifice, but it will pay off in the end. No pain, no gain....loss... right?

Good Job everyone!

Way to go on joining the YMCA! Next time you can get to that class.

I just had to google Dr Ozz, I had no idea who he was. I haven't read much on his site yet.

I was too slow this morning to get in my exercise time. I'm now planning to do it tonight. (somehow after getting home at 7:30, cooking dinner, feeding the critters, etc...):p

I'd like to loose a few pounds before my cruise in February. I've been working with a nutritionist since October. I've learned a lot about nutrition, but I've put on about 10 pounds since then. Today I bought 3 month unlimited class card for a wellness studio and took a yoga class right away. I've done yoga before, but I've been slacking. I think I might try a Zumba class tomorrow. I've got about 4 weeks so my progress will be minimal by the cruise departure. I'm hoping that I might shed those extra 10 pounds by then. I'll keep you posted.

I'd like to loose a few pounds before my cruise in February. I've been working with a nutritionist since October. I've learned a lot about nutrition, but I've put on about 10 pounds since then. Today I bought 3 month unlimited class card for a wellness studio and took a yoga class right away. I've done yoga before, but I've been slacking. I think I might try a Zumba class tomorrow. I've got about 4 weeks so my progress will be minimal by the cruise departure. I'm hoping that I might shed those extra 10 pounds by then. I'll keep you posted.

Welome MGC! Lucky you to get to go on a cruise so soon. Our other friend, Magikfairy, is ready to leave any day now. I'm so envious! You may be able lose close to 10 in 4 weeks if you drink tons of water. 8 8oz glasses/ day will really help flush the water weight (ironically) which may be 3-4 pounds, then you just need to burn it up at the zumba class! :D

I've tried Yoga several times and I get so irritated by the end of the class! Everyone walks out relaxed and satisfied and I am a wreck! For one thing yoga teachers are "quiet talkers".... Seinfeld reference.... then you get into these weird positions and I can't hear when to change. :rolleyes: It's me. I think I'm just too impulsive for yoga.

LP, did you get to exercise last night? If not, today is another day and you will feel so motivated and inspired once you start! Today I'm leaving in plenty of time to get to my class!;)

BTW, Dr Oz was made famous on Oprah. People would write down questions that they would be too embarrassed to ask, then he would answer them. It was way TMI for me, but then he moved on to "show and tell". YUCK!!! I was a nurse many years ago (haven't worked since having kids) and I was grossed out!:eek:

Off to get ready to Boogie.... oh no, Zumba.. I'll let you know if it was fun. I'm a little klutzy when it comes to dancing, so I'll hide out in a corner behind the "good" people.:o

Robin, you've got my support! March 31st is a great time-frame to use for motivation, as it's long enough for you to see some serious results and soon enough to give you the incentives not to get bored with the efforts.

Your plan sounds good. Curves and Zumba should give you a nice combination of cardio and strength workouts!!

Where are you headed in March?

Thanks all! I appreciate the support. Last night I was so.....tired and if I had been alone, probably wouldn't have gone to Curves, but Linda, my friend said "we are going 3 X a week! I am not paying for this to not use it!" so we went and I did feel better after doing the circuit. It is something that I have to work on, giving in to my feeling of exhaustion. It is really a mental tiredness and not physical. I have two really good days behind me and as I am taking ONE DAY AT A TIME today is another chance for a great day!

Oh that sounds like a great cruise, VT! I know what you mean about giving in to the mental exhaustion.

That's what happened to me last night. Went grocery shopping, then stuck in traffic and didn't make it home until 8pm. I started making dinner and then realized I had a mountain of laundry to fold and put away, started doing that, then did the dishes, looked at the clock and it was almost 10. So I talked myself into thinking it was too late and started getting ready for bed.

Today IS a new day though.

Robin, You have a great workout buddy! Sometimes people just need that little nudge to do the right thing.

LP, You're right, today is another day. Fight off that exhaustion and force yourself to find even 10 minutes. Run in place, put on some music and dance, take the stairs 10 times, but get your heart rate up! The first step is the hardest!

I did make it to my Zumba class today. I discovered what I already knew. No musicality at all. No soul. I dance like Frankenstien.:rolleyes: I was really feeling pretty embarrassed until I looked around and nobody knew or cared what I was doing. It was liberating! It seems that a lot of the moves were similar to aerobics moves, so that helped a lot. THEN THE BELLY DANCING SKIRTS CAME OUT!!!:confused: WHAT???? There were little coin skirts all around me and people were jingling things I didn't know would jingle! It was too funny! Then I felt even more at ease. If they could do that, by golly, I could engage my imaginary "groove thang"!:D I had fun, but tomorrow I will feel it!

Have a good evening ladies and don't forget to drink your water!!!

YOO HOO!!!! Anybody there??? Where is everyone today? If you had a great day, let us know. If you had a crummy day, let us know! We're all here to support each other, good or bad. :)

I nursed my aching body today, tomorrow I'll do Zumba again!:o Oh, I almost forgot. I lost 4 pounds this week!:D

Hi I'm here,

I check in everyday, (sometimes several times a day lol).

Have been doing fairly well, lost 7 lbs in 6 weeks, so right on my time line, want to lose 25 to 30 lbs by 9/10/11.

Oh and I started working out with my Wii this week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi I'm here,

I check in everyday, (sometimes several times a day lol).

Have been doing fairly well, lost 7 lbs in 6 weeks, so right on my time line, want to lose 25 to 30 lbs by 9/10/11.

Oh and I started working out with my Wii this week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Good job with the loss, Suzque!!!! I forgot that your cruise is about the same time as ours. Where are you going? Have you got your "dream wardrobe" in mind? Mine is here: http://www.chicos.com/store/home.jsp the small boxes with mostly blues and whites. We're going to Greece and the Black Sea, ending in Venice. Those clothes will be FABU!!! but not until I can fit nicely in a size 2... (about size 12)

Good job starting on the Wii!

I'm down to a 12 now too, would love to be an 8 but will be ok with a 10. (I'm 5'1" short, LOL), I was up to a 16 and that was getting tight:eek:

We are sailing on the Coral to Alaska, 12 day cruise tour. Can't wait. I have several formal dresses depending on my size when we sail. Otherwise my wardrobe consists of jeans and t shirt type tops. I wll need to purchase new jeans by then.

Love the outfits you picked out, I may have to do a little shopping too.

I'm down to a 12 now too, would love to be an 8 but will be ok with a 10. (I'm 5'1" short, LOL), I was up to a 16 and that was getting tight:eek:

We are sailing on the Coral to Alaska, 12 day cruise tour. Can't wait. I have several formal dresses depending on my size when we sail. Otherwise my wardrobe consists of jeans and t shirt type tops. I wll need to purchase new jeans by then.

Love the outfits you picked out, I may have to do a little shopping too.

We just went on that cruise!!! You will love it and the Coral! Are you doing the land part too? We "lived" on the Baja deck. At the very front there is a door that will lead you out to a deck that few know about. Our steward took us there. There aren't chairs, but it is a great place to film during Glacier Bay day b/c you don't have to have a lot of people in your shots and it's very quiet. The deck is just below the bridge. I think it says authorized only, but our steward said it was fine! Not that you will want to do this, but at the pool in the back, there are really nice chairs positioned to look out the glass enclosed sides. It's nice and warm back there and a lady comes around 3pm and gives out fresh baked cookies!:D

Archived