Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

Hey guys, just stopping by to say hi! I exercised this morning on the elliptical and I am really trying to get in my water today! My water goal is to drink my water bottle 3 times while at work. I think that's about 64 oz.

Sounds like you are doing so well Suzque!

Jan, I am glad that you found your comfort zone in Zumba. It sounds like a very interesting class, that's for sure!

Hey guys, just stopping by to say hi! I exercised this morning on the elliptical and I am really trying to get in my water today! My water goal is to drink my water bottle 3 times while at work. I think that's about 64 oz.

Sounds like you are doing so well Suzque!

Jan, I am glad that you found your comfort zone in Zumba. It sounds like a very interesting class, that's for sure!

LP, Way to go on the elliptical!!! :D:D I add Propel packets to my water b/c I don't like the taste of plain water, so it helps get in massive amounts!

I have found my "dis" comfort zone with zumba.;) Today I did a beginners class which was fun and much easier to follow. Tomorrow it will be strength training with weights, tubes, etc. Sounds like fun... not!:rolleyes: One thing I can say for sure is that I feel like I have so much more energy! I'm really glad I joined the Y!

Alright, I was invited to join and here I am, thanks lovepea!

I am going on a Carnival cruise in October and I need to lose right at 60lbs (more like 100 to goal but I will be happy with 60 for the cruise).

I am 29, will be 30 this year, and I have 3 little girls. I am a stay at home mom and money is tight...which means no gym membership. I am 5 foot 3 inches and I'd rather not say my weight, you can imagine by how much I need to lose. I started really gaining weight after I graduated from HS and it just packed on after having babies.

I have dieted and starved myself and lost, but gained it all back because that isn't the way to do it. This time I am making a life change. I bought the Zumba dvd's and I have 3 more amazing work out dvd's that I can use as well.

I just hope that I can stay motivated. I hope that I meet some people here to help me stay on track.

My weigh in day is on Sunday's, but I will post what I lose on Thursday...is that correct?

I weighed for the first time in a year Friday and I sure was surprised(not in a good way) at what I saw. I am changing my weigh in tho, so we will see what the difference in just a couple of days will be.

I am going to have to go to the start of this thread so I can get to know everyone, as soon as I have more time. Today the kids are home so it is busy around here.

Good luck to all and stay motivated!

Alright, I was invited to join and here I am, thanks lovepea!

I am going on a Carnival cruise in October and I need to lose right at 60lbs (more like 100 to goal but I will be happy with 60 for the cruise).

I am 29, will be 30 this year, and I have 3 little girls. I am a stay at home mom and money is tight...which means no gym membership. I am 5 foot 3 inches and I'd rather not say my weight, you can imagine by how much I need to lose. I started really gaining weight after I graduated from HS and it just packed on after having babies.

I have dieted and starved myself and lost, but gained it all back because that isn't the way to do it. This time I am making a life change. I bought the Zumba dvd's and I have 3 more amazing work out dvd's that I can use as well.

I just hope that I can stay motivated. I hope that I meet some people here to help me stay on track.

My weigh in day is on Sunday's, but I will post what I lose on Thursday...is that correct?

Welcome, Cruisenub!!! We're happy to have you! I can relate to your situation. I never had a weight problem until I was pregnant. In fact, I think I weighed about 98 pounds when I graduated HS.

It sounds like you've got what you need to do this. You're home, you have dvd's and the motivation of a cruise!:D We're here to just remind you of those things and tell you not to give up if you have a rough spot.

You can post what you lose any time. It's always worth a celebration. I report on Thursday, b/c that's my weigh in day. I do cheat and weigh almost daily, but I only count Thurs b/c it is best to level out over a week. My weight goes up and down during the week so much, it would drive me crazy to post it that often. Drinking lots of water and avoiding super salty things like popcorn the day before weigh in is important to getting an accurate weight. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day and try to eat snacks of fruit or veggies between meals so you don't have a starvation binge.... (cheetos, etc).:rolleyes: We'll look for your posts!

LP, thanks for inviting a friend! It's always nice to have plenty of "back up" when you're on a mission!:)

Hi ladies! Today's a busy one. Going out tonight to celebrate both bf's mom and sister's b-days at Benihana's. I hope to find something good to eat there. :)

Shopping at the outlet mall today though after I cleaned house. No actual exercise, just the walking around the mall complex. :/

Hi ladies! Today's a busy one. Going out tonight to celebrate both bf's mom and sister's b-days at Benihana's. I hope to find something good to eat there. :)

Shopping at the outlet mall today though after I cleaned house. No actual exercise, just the walking around the mall complex. :/

LP, I always feel like I've exercised after cleaning the house!!;) Have fun and enjoy the celebration. Use your cruise motivation to help you make selections. :)

Hi Everyone! My computer is broken, so I won't be posting much for the next six weeks. I did well over the break. Only put back on1.5 lbs. I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove, but I'm getting there. Good luck!

Hi Everyone! My computer is broken, so I won't be posting much for the next six weeks. I did well over the break. Only put back on1.5 lbs. I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove, but I'm getting there. Good luck!

Hi Lisa!!! We missed you! I'm sorry that your computer is on the fritz, just check in when you can! Putting on 1.5 pounds over the holidays is really reason to celebrate!!! :D

I'm ashamed to admit, that for me... more like 5!!:mad: But, January 1 was a new start and I'm already down 4 of the 5 I gained. YAY me! Yesterday I walked on the treadmill then did a 30 minute toning class. OUCH! I'm really in bad shape and when they were doing push ups, I hung my head in shame.:o

You will do fine getting back into the groove! Just get your head right by looking at some spring fashions! Hope we see you here as often as possible!

Robin, you've got my support! March 31st is a great time-frame to use for motivation, as it's long enough for you to see some serious results and soon enough to give you the incentives not to get bored with the efforts.

Your plan sounds good. Curves and Zumba should give you a nice combination of cardio and strength workouts!!

Where are you headed in March?

Thanks for all the support! The Curves is going well- much more fun to go with a friend than alone! I am already feeling better, knees and back have limbered up a bit and I have more energy! Sleeping better and eating better. I am taking the food part one day at a time and watching carbs as they and ice cream are my downfall!

I thought this week we were going to have to cancel our cruise as my husband lost his job in December and the last payment is due this week. However, my son is so adamant that we go, he is helping me out! I raised some good kids! The other kids (we have 6 between us) are buying us ship board credits instead of Christmas and Birthday gifts. so that will help as well.

Lovepea- we are booked on the Westerdam on April 1st to Half Moon Cay, Aruba and Curacoa for 7 days! This is our 4th HAL cruise. Thanks all! Stay motivated!:p

What wonderful kids! And great gift ideas too, regardless of job situations, I think I'd love to have gifts like that. Good job on the Curves, I agree having someone go along makes motivation to work out so much easier.

I did my eliptical this morning and am only halfway through my water though. It's hard drinking this much liquid when I am not used to it. It's not that I am replacing other things with water, I only drink water anyway.. just not nearly enough. I am getting reaquainted with our restroom here at work very well though. :eek:

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around. My DD called me on Sunday night 1am and told me she was in labor. I made the 4 hour drive so that I could be here for my grandson while they went to the hospital. It was a false alarm:o. Oh well, she's fine and I have been here doing a few projects to get ready for the baby. I don't know if I'll stay here until the "real thing" or go home and then come back. I'm just going to play it by ear and do what they want me to do. Of course I never mind spending extra time with my grandson!:D

I have been doing great on my diet and even though I haven't been able to exercise, it's so cold here I must be burning more calories just from shivering!!!

LP, Congrats on the 3 pounds. That's awesome! :DI knew you could do it!

VT, I'm so proud of you for going to curves. It's so great to have a friend in the same boat who wants to be supportive. You obviously are a good person and have raised great kids. It's nice that your family wants to give you such a special gift. It will make it all the more special in the long run.:D

Hi everyone. Welcome to the newbies! Looks like everyone is heading in the right direction and is nicely motivated.

Things have been super busy here. We're putting our house on the market and have a nice big list of little things that need to be done. Since I'm not working I get to do them all!

I've been hitting the treadmill 2-3 times a week for 60 minutes at a time and I started zumba. I'm another one who is totally not coordinated but it was so much fun. No one cares if you can "booty pop" or not! I loved the belly dance portion even though I just can't get the hand and feet to move gracefully. Don't care, I had fun!

I also had my 6 month check up with my doctor and we discussed a whole lot of things. I went today for a slew of lab tests to see if there are any answers to some of my nagging problems. We also decided to change my goal weight from 136 to 143. She feels with my shape, age, height and activity level that I'll be very comfortable there.

I am down since the last time I posted. I lost the two I gained plus one! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll check back as soon as I can.

My stats are as follows:

5'4" medium frame

194 start

181 current

143 goal

Hi Everyone! I'm back home. DD had some pretty heavy duty contractions Sunday night, but they faded away. I got there about 4:45am, by then they had pretty much subsided. After a few days the projects were finished and we just decided that I'd come home, knowing that I could be called back at any moment. So, here I sit, waiting for the phone to ring so I can do it all over again!:) We are applying the "watched pot" theory and will try to live a normal life until baby decides he's ready to come.

Congrats to all who are keeping their goal to exercise! :D:D Shelwoj, we're neck in neck with our stats! I'm right there with you girlfriend!!! Let's keep going!

Helllllloooooooooo............anyone out there? Slow day on the boards!;)

Hope you are all having a great day.

No, I did not do well today! I had thin mint girl scout cookies, however, I did skip dinner!

I hope everyone else is doing better.

No, I did not do well today! I had thin mint girl scout cookies, however, I did skip dinner!

I hope everyone else is doing better.

Oh no.... it's not that time of year again is it????:eek: I always thought it was in March.

You weren't bad. You made a choice. As long as that's not always your choice, it's ok!:) Thanks for checking in!

Happy Monday! I don't always check the boards over the weekend- too much to get done in those two tiny little days!

Hope all is going well for you ladies. I got an interesting proposition from my dad today. His Dr. really wants him to lose weight, long-term. My parents decided to start a family competition. Monthly weigh-ins and the final weigh in Nov 30 of this year. The person with the highest % of weight lost wins $500!

I think this is the extra motivation I need to really make my goals!

Happy Monday! I don't always check the boards over the weekend- too much to get done in those two tiny little days!

Hope all is going well for you ladies. I got an interesting proposition from my dad today. His Dr. really wants him to lose weight, long-term. My parents decided to start a family competition. Monthly weigh-ins and the final weigh in Nov 30 of this year. The person with the highest % of weight lost wins $500!

I think this is the extra motivation I need to really make my goals!

Wow LP!!! That is awesome! What a deal! Tell "Dad" I'm in!;)

sorry haven't been on here much! Busy lately for some reason- oh yeah! exercising at Curves! I have been faithfully going and watching what I eat and going day by day. It seems to be working for me! I am already noticing my clothes are loser! I have cut out 99% of carbs and all sugar and diet soda, only water and some tea. My DH says "I can see you are losing weight- I can see it in your face" I told him, "yeah that is what I was going for- I wouldn't want to lose it off my butt or my hips!" LOL:D

Archived