How much are drinks onboard?

nubeetom

My family and I are sailing on the Radiance in march. I was wondering how much are drinks ( beer, bottled water, mixed drinks, and soda ). Is it worth getting soda cards for the kids, do they offer iced tea or any other drinks for free? Just trying to figure a budget for drinks.

Thanks, Tom

My family and I are sailing on the Radiance in march. I was wondering how much are drinks ( beer, bottled water, mixed drinks, and soda ). Is it worth getting soda cards for the kids, do they offer iced tea or any other drinks for free? Just trying to figure a budget for drinks.

Thanks, Tom

The water package is 1L bottles of Evian. I think the smallest package is 6 bottles for $28.

Beer, not sure but if you do a search for 'bucket of beer' you might find more info.

Mixed drinks average around $6 for a simple mixed drink to around $9 for a martini.

Iced tea, lemonade, and flavored waters are free.

I usually get my kids soda cards as a treat so they can order soda whenever they want without me being around. If your kids do not drink a lot of soda, I would not purchase the card $4/day plus 15% gratuity for children, $6 for adults. Sodas run around $2.50 per can if you buy them individually.

critterchick's wine webshots: http://travel.webshots.com/album/576474571wtQYCk

Thanks, Tom

4 nights - child (under 18) soda card - $18.40 including gratuity

5 nights - $23

I don't bother with the soda card as I'd rather drink canned soda than fountain and don't drink so much that the savings would be significant but when my son was small I did get the package for him as he had an expensive "habit". Though others bemoan the price of drinks, I think they are very, very reasonable compared to what I am used to paying in NYC (usually aound $17 for a "cheap" glass of wine and around $20 for a martini.)

The water package is 1L bottles of Evian. I think the smallest package is 6 bottles for $28.

Beer, not sure but if you do a search for 'bucket of beer' you might find more info.

Mixed drinks average around $6 for a simple mixed drink to around $9 for a martini.

Iced tea, lemonade, and flavored waters are free.

I usually get my kids soda cards as a treat so they can order soda whenever they want without me being around. If your kids do not drink a lot of soda, I would not purchase the card $4/day plus 15% gratuity for children, $6 for adults. Sodas run around $2.50 per can if you buy them individually.

critterchick's wine webshots: http://travel.webshots.com/album/576474571wtQYCk

If you purchase the soda package, do you have to buy it for the entire 7 days?

If the sodas are 2.50 per can, do you mean the standard sized can that is in normal vending machines :eek:

Thanks!

If you purchase the soda package, do you have to buy it for the entire 7 days?

If the sodas are 2.50 per can, do you mean the standard sized can that is in normal vending machines :eek:

Thanks!

Yes you have to purchase it for 7 days. The can might be $2.25. That was just a guesstimate. Yes, it's a regular can.

I don't bother with the soda card as I'd rather drink canned soda than fountain and don't drink so much that the savings would be significant but when my son was small I did get the package for him as he had an expensive "habit". Though others bemoan the price of drinks, I think they are very, very reasonable compared to what I am used to paying in NYC (usually aound $17 for a "cheap" glass of wine and around $20 for a martini.)

A friend of mine was in Atlantic City this weekend. Ordered a glass of house wine. $17.:eek:

Now THAT is a RIPOFF!

Yes you have to purchase it for 7 days. The can might be $2.25. That was just a guesstimate. Yes, it's a regular can.

:eek::eek: The sodas cost about 50cents from a Wal-Mart vending machine. What a huge profit. I think we'll manage a week without pop for that price. We don't drink it every day, but it would be nice to have with pizza or other fast food treats.

Archived