Which ship did we see?

karpela

We got back from our first visit to New York City yesterday (we're from the London). We had an amazing time in that fantastic city but I'm afraid to say that one of the highlights for us was as we were sailing on the Staten Island Ferry, looking at the sights, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island etc- we saw a Celebrity ship in port! We got so excited - how sad are we! We didn't get close enough to see which one it was, though I'm sure one of you can answer that!

We did our first cruise earlier this year and have already booked for next year. :)

Hi,

The Celebrity Summit departed New York on Sunday, October 24 for a repositioning cruise to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Beginning October 30, the Summit will be based in San Juan for the winter. I am sailing on the Summit in late November.

Chuck

We got back from our first visit to New York City yesterday (we're from the London). We had an amazing time in that fantastic city but I'm afraid to say that one of the highlights for us was as we were sailing on the Staten Island Ferry, looking at the sights, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island etc- we saw a Celebrity ship in port! We got so excited - how sad are we! We didn't get close enough to see which one it was, though I'm sure one of you can answer that!

We did our first cruise earlier this year and have already booked for next year. :)

What's sad about that? I always get excited when I see my ship. And seeing other ships is also fun.

I live in Brooklyn and I'm accustomed to seeing the cruise ships sail past. I still get excited when I see a ship I love go by. We were on a birthday cruise around the harbor this summer and stopped right in front of Lady Liberty. From the other side of the boat I got a perfect close up view of the Summit. Guess which side of the boat I spent more time on.

I live in Brooklyn and I'm accustomed to seeing the cruise ships sail past. I still get excited when I see a ship I love go by. We were on a birthday cruise around the harbor this summer and stopped right in front of Lady Liberty. From the other side of the boat I got a perfect close up view of the Summit. Guess which side of the boat I spent more time on.

Ha ha :D Now that's what I'm talking about! :):)

I love the summit so much that i scored the internet until i found a mint Normandie cutaway like in the mini museum outside the restaurant..it is framed in our living room....

Cruising is a passion, just like any other! If everyone could get pleasure from these little things in life, we would be a better off planet for it!

Hi,

Part of the reason I chose the Summit was because of the Normandie restaurant and the Normandie's statue in the main dining room. Like you, I am very passionate about ships.

Have you been to the Normandie exhibit at South Street Seaport in New York City? It is excellent.

Chuck

Hi,

Part of the reason I chose the Summit was because of the Normandie restaurant and the Normandie's statue in the main dining room. Like you, I am very passionate about ships.

Have you been to the Normandie exhibit at South Street Seaport in New York City? It is excellent.

Chuck

No..we have not..what a great idea! Next time we are in the city we will check it out! Thanks so much!

I was just in Norfolk, VA for a conference and our hotel was about two blocks from the Cruise Terminal. Everyday when I was walking into my sessions I could see different cruise ships. It made me so excited and even that much more ready for my January cruise!

Archived