LE CIRQUE - What is it please???

grammie2maddie

one of the best restaurants in America. There was an HBO documentary about it earlier this year and the owner wrote a book about it called "Sergio" that explained all the innovations that they gave to the up scale restaurants. The food is mostly French/Italian.

It's a good restaurant. Very pricey. The NY Times has written often how the service for A listers is far superior to the common folk. Sirio is getting older and the new place isn't quite up to snuff.

There are much better choices in the city.

The major difference between the real deal and a HAL ship is Le Cirque can stock fresh produce and ingredients daily. HAL can't.

Thank you for all the replies - I KNOW what the restaurant, Le Cirque, is but I don't know when it was added to the HAL site - I hadn't seen it before.

I, too, am wondering about getting reservations for that evening with a ship as large as the NA.

And, thank you for offering Google - I do know how to Google, and their massive server farm is not 10 miles from our home.

If the Le Cirque experience is offered only once per cruise, how difficult is it to get reservations?

Wasn't hard at all for the Oosterdam 10/16/10 sailing. Le Cirque filled about 1/3 of the seats in the Pinnacle. The food was no better than the regular Pinnacle menu. I was glad I passed on Le Cirque and ate at the Pinnacle 3x.

If HAL is not providing the same quality ingredients that Le Cirque does in their restaurant, then it is going to be no better than the Pinnacle regular meals. And I bet they aren't going to purchase what LC does or aren't able to. You can copy all the recipes you want to, but the finished dishes do not turn out the same if the ingredients aren't of the same quality and the chefs do not have the same expertise.

I don't know if your question has been answered, as I have been looking into this myself, I hope I can help.

HAL have just introduced a themed night in their Pinnacle Grill, once per week, It is not on all the ships yet though.

HAL are in parnership with Le Cirque restuants and creating a similar experience at sea.

Price is $39 or with wine $59

Reviews so far are mixed. some say it's worth trying as eating at Le Cirque is so expensive, and others are saying the food is no better than a regular meal at the Pinnacle Grill.

Since the Pinnacle isn't that large a space, how many tables would end up being served for the LC thing? I ate at the Pinn on the NA in october and honestly, 1/3 of the tables would equate to very few parties, from what i observed. Doesn't seem worth the time or effort. Is this misinformation perhaps and maybe the entire pinnacle is LC for an evening?

Personally, I'd not bother with it from what i've read. Pinnacle was good enough, but even that I probably wouldn't spend the money on, as the MDR has a very good selection (though wasn't as good at cooking to order as Pinnacle was)

Since the Pinnacle isn't that large a space, how many tables would end up being served for the LC thing? I ate at the Pinn on the NA in october and honestly, 1/3 of the tables would equate to very few parties, from what i observed. Doesn't seem worth the time or effort. Is this misinformation perhaps and maybe the entire pinnacle is LC for an evening?

Personally, I'd not bother with it from what i've read. Pinnacle was good enough, but even that I probably wouldn't spend the money on, as the MDR has a very good selection (though wasn't as good at cooking to order as Pinnacle was)

The whole Pinnacle was set up for Le Cirque. Oosterdam Pinnacle has about 25 tables. There were no more than 8 tables filled each time I walked by.

FWIW--

I just looked at the on-line reservations for my cruise next May and there is one day that Pinnacle reservations are not available. A few weeks ago every date of the cruise was available for reservations. Perhaps, the missing day is being set aside for Le Cirque?

I don't know if your question has been answered, as I have been looking into this myself, I hope I can help.

HAL have just introduced a themed night in their Pinnacle Grill, once per week, It is not on all the ships yet though.

HAL are in parnership with Le Cirque restuants and creating a similar experience at sea.

Price is $39 or with wine $59

Reviews so far are mixed. some say it's worth trying as eating at Le Cirque is so expensive, and others are saying the food is no better than a regular meal at the Pinnacle Grill.

Nice to see someone answer the question without snide remarks. Thank you for those of us who are a bit tired of that other type of response.

Archived