E-cigs on Carnival?

Izzblizz

Do they have a problem with you smoking E-cigs in non-smoking areas? I didn't see anything on the carnival website (or was looking in wrong place).

I quit smoking 6 months ago with the e-cig, and actually rarely even use it anymore EXCEPT if I am drinking! So was planning on bringing it along with me. But as an ex-smoker, I now *hate* smoke, lol!

Do you have any experience with them on ship?

Do they have a problem with you smoking E-cigs in non-smoking areas? I didn't see anything on the carnival website (or was looking in wrong place).

I quit smoking 6 months ago with the e-cig, and actually rarely even use it anymore EXCEPT if I am drinking! So was planning on bringing it along with me. But as an ex-smoker, I now *hate* smoke, lol!

Hey, congrats! I'm vaping a 510 myself and haven't had an analogue in about a month.

There was a thread a while back about this. Seems CCL itself doesn't have an issue with it, but the usual issue with people who aren't familiar with them seem to be the problem. I would suggest vaping discreetly.

Good luck!

Why not enjoy a fine cigar with your drink? Leave the toy cigs at home.

Hey, congrats! I'm vaping a 510 myself and haven't had an analogue in about a month.

There was a thread a while back about this. Seems CCL itself doesn't have an issue with it, but the usual issue with people who aren't familiar with them seem to be the problem. I would suggest vaping discreetly.

Good luck!

Thanks, I will see if I can find the thread. Never had a problem with them in smoke-free places here, just an occasional curious person who is like what *is* that?

Usually because people don't want all the crap that's in those "fine cigars". They want to use an e-cig because that's what they prefer. What does it matter to you?

Thanks, I will see if I can find the thread. Never had a problem with them in smoke-free places here, just an occasional curious person who is like what *is* that?

I've encountered people being a little concerned about the cloud of vapor if they're in a non-smoking area because it's not what they're expecting. It's especially disconcerting if you vape a juice that produces big clouds (as vegetable glycerine is known to do).

Hmmm, maybe I will try that at least once on the cruise. As long as it doesn't trigger me to run to the cig store and buy a carton of cigs!

I'll bring my e-cig as a back-up plan though ;)

Hmmm, maybe I will try that at least once on the cruise. As long as it doesn't trigger me to run to the cig store and buy a carton of cigs!

Cigars and cruising go together. Get a cuban on one of the islands and enjoy.

No worries on going back to nasty cigs after a fine cigar. Nothing like real tobacco.

Usually because people don't want all the crap that's in those "fine cigars". They want to use an e-cig because that's what they prefer. What does it matter to you?

Matters not to me if you prefer toys. Why not just play with candy cigarettes?

Matters not to me if you prefer toys. Why not just play with candy cigarettes?

Because I was a smoker since I was 16 now 51 and I have been smoke free for 25 day's I owe it all to an electronic toy called an e-cig. I and my family could not be happier. So I vape my toy and know that I kicked a habit I have wanted to for years.

Having a cigar while quitting smoking could be as dangerous as giving up whiskey but then resuming beer drinking. The addiction will usually come roaring right back. I would not chance it.

I seen many people try this substitution and fail. Having succeeding for 6 months, do you really want to have to go through quitting all over again?

BTW, I have worked in the field of addictions for 20 years, and am credentialed by NYS.

Congrats on 6 months of non smoking and please don't chance a relapse by substituting cigars! Stick with what has been working for you, (the e cig) - backup plan could be nicotine gum, lozenges or the patch.

Anybody that can criticize the strength it takes to quit smoking is obviously still dealing with addiction. So sorry for you. Most people applaud the ability and strength it takes to quit -- As a former smoker, I know I do!

Don't do it! You will be hooked on that smoke again with just a few puffs! That is BAD advice from someone who doesn't know what addiction to cigarettes is or doesn't realize how addicted they are!!!

Been there done that!

Don't do it! You will be hooked on that smoke again with just a few puffs! That is BAD advice from someone who doesn't know what addiction to cigarettes is or doesn't realize how addicted they are!!!

Been there done that!

Seems to be the consensus, guess I will stick with my e-cig (I really don't smoke it that much and can go days without even that, but get me a little tipsy and I am jonesing for a nicotine hit). Early on, I bummed a cig (or two) from someone when I was drinking and since then always make sure I have the e-cig for those cravings.

DOes CCL have an official policy on this ?

I am a non-smoker and I think the e-cig is the coolest thing I've heard of in a long time ! You can smoke your e-cigs near me in the non-smoking section any time !

ETA: cigars, "fine" or not... yeah definately the smoking section, please !

Having a cigar while quitting smoking could be as dangerous as giving up whiskey but then resuming beer drinking. The addiction will usually come roaring right back. I would not chance it.

I seen many people try this substitution and fail. Having succeeding for 6 months, do you really want to have to go through quitting all over again?

BTW, I have worked in the field of addictions for 20 years, and am credentialed by NYS.

So that makes you an authority on all things addictive?

I have to agree about the ecigs being toys.

Must respectfully disagree with the e cig being a 'toy'. I quit a 30 year cig habit with it after failing miserably with Nicotrol, going cold turkey, the patch, and Chantix. To those of us who have quit smoking with them, they are more of a godsend than toy.

Must respectfully disagree with the e cig being a 'toy'. I quit a 30 year cig habit with it after failing miserably with Nicotrol, going cold turkey, the patch, and Chantix. To those of us who have quit smoking with them, they are more of a godsend than toy.

Many many people do not use to quit smoking, only as a way to get their fix in non smoking areas. I think they like the vapors, flavors and pretty lights on end of e ciggy. A toy it is for many.

Many many people do not use to quit smoking, only as a way to get their fix in non smoking areas. I think they like the vapors, flavors and pretty lights on end of e ciggy. A toy it is for many.

I am pretty sure it is the nicotine that I like in them. Pretty sure that is what gets you off the ciggies. And pretty sure that somewhere in my brain it is wired "drinky = ciggy". And that is why I keep my e-cig around if going to drinky. Cause otherwise, being somewhat judgement impaired, I might thinky it is a good idea to go buy a pack of ciggies. Cause that is what my "drinky = ciggy" mind is thinking!

But this is kinda funny! I didn't think that this thread would turn into criticizing people for doing e-cigs cause they aren't "real" lol.

Hmmm....everyone I know who uses them HAS used them to quit smoking. I have no pretty lights on mine and use menthol- which was the kind of smokes I used to use.

PS...LemurCat...thanks for turning me on to DIY FlavorShack!

If you are still using e cig after you quit smoking real cigs, what is it now?

Toy or new addiction? Just curious

i am pretty sure it is the nicotine that i like in them. Pretty sure that is what gets you off the ciggies. And pretty sure that somewhere in my brain it is wired "drinky = ciggy". And that is why i keep my e-cig around if going to drinky. Cause otherwise, being somewhat judgement impaired, i might thinky it is a good idea to go buy a pack of ciggies. Cause that is what my "drinky = ciggy" mind is thinking!

But this is kinda funny! I didn't think that this thread would turn into criticizing people for doing e-cigs cause they aren't "real" lol.

lmao

Archived