E-cigs on Carnival?

Izzblizz

Because I was a smoker since I was 16 now 51 and I have been smoke free for 25 day's I owe it all to an electronic toy called an e-cig. I and my family could not be happier. So I vape my toy and know that I kicked a habit I have wanted to for years.

Congrads...so the e-cigs really work?

Mine has no light and doesnt even look anything like a analog at all.

Mine looks like small black pen and has a blue light at the tip? Does that have anything to do with how it works? My BF bought the kit for me last valentine's day to help me quit, so I didn't do all the research. I didn't even know what it was! But thank goodness for it!

Wow. I don't see why you give a rats a$$ what color the LED is or who is using one or WHY? If you don't like them and think they're a toy....why even comment because you sure didn't answer the question.

E-cigs have helped tens of thousands kick the 4000 carcinogens found by BURNING tobacco and if that works for someone, it's a good thing and they should be commended, not a reason to cajole and ridicule them. They're a helluva lot better than having Chantix wreak havoc with your brain!

To the OP, your e-cig is perfectly acceptable on the ship as mine will be. I will likely only use mine in a smoking area, open decks, on the balcony or in my cabin though. Mostly because of the narrow minded. :rolleyes: No one will smell anything by vaping. There will be no fire hazard. I won't be inhaling tar, carbon monoxide or the countless other things in a regular cigarette either.

Mine looks like small black pen and has a blue light at the tip? Does that have anything to do with how it works? My BF bought the kit for me last valentine's day to help me quit, so I didn't do all the research. I didn't even know what it was! But thank goodness for it!

Do you get to use it in restaurants?

I will use mine in the smoking areas - not because people are narrow minded like one poster said but because it is a CIGARETTE to me. I hold it like a cig, I draw on it like a cig, I inhale like a cig and exhale like a cig. I don't want to put people in an uncomfortable position of thinking I am smoking and I don't want to explain to staff and fellow cruisers what it is. Just my opinion and MINE ONLY don't expect people to agree with me. I personally would no more use it in a restaurant or public area that restricts smoking than I would an actual cig.

Do you get to use it in restaurants?

Haven't tried it in a restaurant that I recall (I really don't need a hit that often, so don't really feel a craving restaurants). Have defintely used it in non-smoking bars here in Colorado (all bars here are non smoking) without problem.

Used it on a plane to Spain last May. Discretely while in first class (that was closer to when I first quit so going 10 hours on a plane without nicotine was harder). Don't think anyone noticed.

Definitely have used it in hotel rooms with non-smoking policies. Outside on beaches, etc.

Wow. I don't see why you give a rats a$$ what color the LED is or who is using one or WHY? If you don't like them and think they're a toy....why even comment because you sure didn't answer the question.

To the OP, your e-cig is perfectly acceptable on the ship as mine will be. I will likely only use mine in a smoking area, open decks, on the balcony or in my cabin though. Mostly because of the narrow minded. :rolleyes: No one will smell anything by vaping. There will be no fire hazard. I won't be inhaling tar, carbon monoxide or the countless other things in a regular cigarette either.

Vaping? Is that what the chemicals you inhale is called?

Wonder when Uncle Sam will want his cut of vaping?

Better start calling it a toy or you might wish you had.

Anyway lighten up Francis, I will share some fine cigars with ya.

I will use mine in the smoking areas - not because people are narrow minded like one poster said but because it is a CIGARETTE to me. I hold it like a cig, I draw on it like a cig, I inhale like a cig and exhale like a cig. I don't want to put people in an uncomfortable position of thinking I am smoking and I don't want to explain to staff and fellow cruisers what it is. Just my opinion and MINE ONLY don't expect people to agree with me. I personally would no more use it in a restaurant or public area that restricts smoking than I would an actual cig.

I agree with you and wouldn't use mine in a restaurant or non-smoking venue either. Well that, and the narrow minded. :D

I am looking to use an e-cig to quit as well. What kind do you have? I bought one a while ago that didn't work out well for me.

Let me know! Thanks.:o

My BF bought it for me (it wasn't even my idea). Just a great "I Love you please quite smoking" gift which happened to work!

But this is the package he bought from vermont vapor.

http://www.vtvapor.com/

I don't know the "official model number" for my e-cig. Edit: Guess it is right on the page JOYE510. Duh :P

Haven't tried it in a restaurant that I recall (I really don't need a hit that often, so don't really feel a craving restaurants). Have defintely used it in non-smoking bars here in Colorado (all bars here are non smoking) without problem.

Used it on a plane to Spain last May. Discretely while in first class (that was closer to when I first quit so going 10 hours on a plane without nicotine was harder). Don't think anyone noticed.

Definitely have used it in hotel rooms with non-smoking policies. Outside on beaches, etc.

John Heald has been talking about e cigs on his blog. Seems they have not really thought much about it yet. I bet it will have restrictions on it.

Good luck with your vaping! I'm sticking with my Cigars.

John Heald has been talking about e cigs on his blog. Seems they have not really thought much about it yet. I bet it will have restrictions on it.

Good luck with your vaping! I'm sticking with my Cigars.

Thanks! And hope you enjoy your cigars as well!

But anyway that was kind of the point of my initial question to see what restrictions there are :) Guess I will have to ask on board if they haven't made any policies about it yet.

I am looking to use an e-cig to quit as well. What kind do you have? I bought one a while ago that didn't work out well for me.

Let me know! Thanks.:o

I use the KR808d-1 because it's a 2 piece with cartomizers and they're more convenient for me than the 3 piece models. I just refill the carts several times and then pitch them. It's also the size I wanted - very similar to the Joye 510.

I am pretty sure it is the nicotine that I like in them. Pretty sure that is what gets you off the ciggies. And pretty sure that somewhere in my brain it is wired "drinky = ciggy". And that is why I keep my e-cig around if going to drinky. Cause otherwise, being somewhat judgement impaired, I might thinky it is a good idea to go buy a pack of ciggies. Cause that is what my "drinky = ciggy" mind is thinking!

But this is kinda funny! I didn't think that this thread would turn into criticizing people for doing e-cigs cause they aren't "real" lol.

Izzblizz: here's a link to some research that supports your drinky = ciggy theory: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/cancer/a/bldu050415.htm

Izzblizz: here's a link to some research that supports your drinky = ciggy theory: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/cancer/a/bldu050415.htm

Thanks for the link. Everything in that article made *perfect sense* to me. I am an *extremely light* e-cig user, but even if I go two weeks without it, get a few drinks in me, and some weird nicotine craving sets in!

If you are still using e cig after you quit smoking real cigs, what is it now?

Toy or new addiction? Just curious

It's called harm reduction. Yes, there is still an addiction. Why does this matter to you?

If you are still using e cig after you quit smoking real cigs, what is it now?

Toy or new addiction? Just curious

IDENTICAL addiction, not a new one. If its a toy its sure a good one.;)

Basically, just a safer way of delivering the nicotine to the circulatory system without all the 4000 carcinogens present in cigarettes (and, incidentally, many of them in cigars also). :D

My first encounter with e-cigs was in the Fantasy MDR. A tablemate at breakfast one morning vaped his and I asked about it. I got one and have been tobacco free for the past 35+ days.

I use a Ego or some 808s depending how the mood hits me.

I even stealth vaped in a surgical waiting room last week while wifey was having surgery.

I look at it as the lesser of 2 evils and do not give a rats fart what others think of me vaping or using a so called Toy. After 40 years of cigarette smoking, my family is for it and I firmly believe in it so much that I am now getting into the business.

As I said before in the other e-cig thread and on John Heald's Blog. Folks need to educate themselves before they go condemning or ridiculing something they know nothing about.

E cigs are dangerous toys according to Oregon AG

http://www.ktvz.com

Although no evidence has been offered to support such claims, Smoking Everywhere marketed e-cigarettes as a safe alternative to traditional tobacco products. However, a recent FDA analysis found e-cigarettes contain known carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.

My Dad smoked his entire life. He actually lived until he was 85 with no particular smoking related illnesses (to my knowledge). That said, I know he tried to quit several times. My Father was a strong man, both mentally and physically. He was never successful.

So, to all of you out there who have found a way to quit smoking using e-cigs, I applaud you and admire you. You are strong folks. And, you can come sit at my dinner table anytime with your ecigs and always be welcome.

Archived