E-cigs on Carnival?

Izzblizz

E cigs are dangerous toys according to Oregon AG

www.ktvz.com

Although no evidence has been offered to support such claims, Smoking Everywhere marketed e-cigarettes as a safe alternative to traditional tobacco products. However, a recent FDA analysis found e-cigarettes contain known carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.

Actually, it was the FDA that found DEG in one out of 18 cartridge manufacturers. The level found in that one was 1/10 the amount of DEG you will find in aspirin and 1/40 the amount that is in a real cigarette. You will find it in 100% of real cigarettes.

DEG is not an ingredient in antifreeze it's an ingredient in coolants that make them safe for children and pets. Ethylene glycol is used in antifreeze and yes, it's extremely toxic - but not used in e-cigs.

Truth is....in the U.S., DEG is not used in e-cig cartridges/fluids. IF, and it's a big if, you were to use cartridges with it, you would have to consume 12,000 a day to get to a toxic level. Most e-cig people use 1-3 cartridges a day.

DH and I started using E cigs on Tuesday night. Since I still have real cigs in the house, I have smoked up to 5 per day of those. I don't intend to buy more. I'm trying to break the auto response to smoking at certain times. There are only a few that are difficult.

I'm glad to hear so many success stories, I intend to be one of them soon. Already, my morning cough is almost nothing.

I got one and have been tobacco free for the past 35+ days.

DH and I started using E cigs on Tuesday night. Since I still have real cigs in the house, I have smoked up to 5 per day of those. I don't intend to buy more. Already, my morning cough is almost nothing.

Congratulations to you all! A lot of people don't realize how hard it is to actually kick the habit completely. You're well on your way!! :)

I use the KR808d-1 because it's a 2 piece with cartomizers and they're more convenient for me than the 3 piece models. I just refill the carts several times and then pitch them. It's also the size I wanted - very similar to the Joye 510.

This is the same one I use. Been smoke free for 2 weeks now. Love my Kr808d-1.

E cigs are dangerous toys according to Oregon AG

www.ktvz.com

Although no evidence has been offered to support such claims, Smoking Everywhere marketed e-cigarettes as a safe alternative to traditional tobacco products. However, a recent FDA analysis found e-cigarettes contain known carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.

My liquid is glycol free, only glycerin. BF chose that after reading about the glycol stuff.

DH and I started using E cigs on Tuesday night. Since I still have real cigs in the house, I have smoked up to 5 per day of those. I don't intend to buy more. I'm trying to break the auto response to smoking at certain times. There are only a few that are difficult.

I'm glad to hear so many success stories, I intend to be one of them soon. Already, my morning cough is almost nothing.

That is how I started too, doing both until my cigs are out. Once they ran out I still had thoughts of wanting a "real" cig, but just kept telling myself $50 a carton! Go suck your e-cig! That only lasted less than a week, and then had no desire to get a "real cig".

And also found that I could go *much* longer without using the e-cig at all compared to the rate I was previously smoking cigs.

Good luck to all of you. I ordered a Joye 510 after reading about them here on CC. Kicked my 2 pack a day 36 year habit! I have another starter kit for DH tucked away, he doesn't know about it yet.

I think e-cigs are fantastic!

Yep, seven weeks smoke free. I tried several times in the past, but I really enjoyed smoking. But this worked for me. Started at a 12mg dosage of the nicotine, but within two weeks had dropped all the way down to 6 mg. Now I only use it occasionally while driving (45 minute commute to work) or when having an occasional drink.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks...I just ordered the starter kit. Hope i get it before before our nov 12 cruise.

You should get it within 3 days. One suggestion, order extra carts or juice so you don't run out. You can look for videos on how to fill your cart with juice on youtube. Enjoy your cruise & good luck with the ecig & the whole smoking thing :)

Deb

You can call my e-cig a toy all you want. My tender little feelings will not be hurt. I am better for it, and should our paths ever cross...:cool:.

By the way, my little toy is PINK. I call it my 'little pink monkey'. Don't see how anyone can mistake it for an analog:confused:

Good luck to all of you. I ordered a Joye 510 after reading about them here on CC. Kicked my 2 pack a day 36 year habit! I have another starter kit for DH tucked away, he doesn't know about it yet.

I think e-cigs are fantastic!

Wow...that is wonderful....CONGRATS!!!

Archived