If You Like To Think Of The Star As A Good Ship...Do NOT Read This Review

SailorJack

Fantastic review. I was reluctant to read it at first from the title, but, having sailed on the Star previously, and had a wonderful trip, curiosity got the best of me. I'm so glad that it did. As others have mentioned, I'm now cleaning the coffee off of the computer monitor from laughing. Loved the story about Gamal. They do have minds of their own (and could use a bath more than once in their lifetime).

As for Sabatini's we feel the same way. Having dined at the venue on each Princess ship we sail, we always walk away saying the same thing... "Why did we just do that to ourselves?" Then, as we book another Princess sailing, the question arises, "Which night are we eating at Sabatinis?" Life is good!

Thank you again for your most enjoyable review. I look forward to many more.

I just finished reading your review. Are you sure SailorJack isn't an alias for Dave Barry.

You are not the first to allude to Dave. He was one of my favorite columnists and I am beginning to wonder if some his style did not rub off on me. :)

:D Brilliant!!! I too, have found this "by chance" and now will have to go back and read all your other reviews!

Thanks SailorJack :D

Thanks. Hope you enjoy the others as well.:)

Jack

Jack - what a great review. I laughed and cried! This was the first review I've read of yours. I'll be sure to go back and read the others.

If you are thinking of cruise ideas, we are going on a TA in November, 2012 on Oceania's Riviera. We'd love to meet you!! I'll buy you your favorite bottle and send it to your room if you book! :D

Hi from a cruise critic friend that you met in the small pool on top of the back deck of the Star Princess (famous Rio cruise after Chile's earthquake) I love your posts. We are going on the Grand Princess Jan 14 B2B.

Sherrill Ontario Cruiser

Can't remember did you do a HAL cruise? We are on the Westerdam Nov 13 B2B

Sailor Jack (and Sailor Jill) add me to the long list of your admirers. Thank you for taking time to repost the photos ... I thought it was my computer on the fritz.

I, too, love the Amalfi Coast ... when I was there we had to stop and let a gaggle of goats pass in front of us...that area is truly Paradise and makes me wonder why my grandparents left to come to New York (although I love NY!).

Truly appreicate your efforts ...

Best review I've read on these boards, including my own. Still laughing about it.

Thanks. I read your Grand Princess review and it was very well written. The escapade with the Passports was quite funny!:) (Although I am sure it did not seem that way to you at the time) :)

Fantastic review. I was reluctant to read it at first from the title, but, having sailed on the Star previously, and had a wonderful trip, curiosity got the best of me. I'm so glad that it did. As others have mentioned, I'm now cleaning the coffee off of the computer monitor from laughing. Loved the story about Gamal. They do have minds of their own (and could use a bath more than once in their lifetime).

As for Sabatini's we feel the same way. Having dined at the venue on each Princess ship we sail, we always walk away saying the same thing... "Why did we just do that to ourselves?" Then, as we book another Princess sailing, the question arises, "Which night are we eating at Sabatinis?" Life is good!

Thank you again for your most enjoyable review. I look forward to many more.

Camels actually bathe!? Certainly not Gamal!

We too are looking forward to dining again at Sabatini's, but this time we will be prepared. I have heard, however, that they have changed the format/menu somewhat so it may not be exactly the same.

Jack

Add another to the growing list of admirers for such wonderful reviews. This was my first reading of a SailorJack review, and not likely to be my last.

However, that all said, I've learned two things.

Don't ride a camel. Ever.

Don't eat at Sabatini's. Unless you pack expandable clothing.

Thanks for a marvelous review! Off to read more of 'em!

As one Canadian (Vancouver) to another - thank you! I had an office in Calagary and spent many a day there, but it was a little cold for me. (But not as cold as Edmonton!)

To paraphrase an old axiom -Friends don't let Friends Ride Camels!:D Never again for me!

However, I will try Sabatini's again, but as you so wisely pointed out - only with Sans -a-Slacks.:)

Thanks for the great review. I was a little leary of reading this due to the title as I fly out today for Rome and then to begin our cruise on the Star on Fri 21st Oct. Same itinerary as you. We will watch out for Gamal and keep our fingers crossed that we don't get him. I will have to check out your other reviews but alas no time at the present. Just have to get through a day of work and then it is off for two and a half weeks.

Have a great cruise! (Actually, I see you are already enjoying it!) I sincerely hope things are quiet in Athens and Cairo for you.

This HAS to be a good day! I started it by reading, laughing, and laughing- only thing is, now I've got a "stitch" in my side.

Thanks for a terrific review and for making my day!

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope the stitch was only momentary.:D

Jack - what a great review. I laughed and cried! This was the first review I've read of yours. I'll be sure to go back and read the others.

If you are thinking of cruise ideas, we are going on a TA in November, 2012 on Oceania's Riviera. We'd love to meet you!! I'll buy you your favorite bottle and send it to your room if you book! :D

We have actually been looking at Oceana, but not at the TA. If we do, however, I will let you know which room to send the Grand Marnier.:D

Jack

Hi from a cruise critic friend that you met in the small pool on top of the back deck of the Star Princess (famous Rio cruise after Chile's earthquake) I love your posts. We are going on the Grand Princess Jan 14 B2B.

Sherrill Ontario Cruiser

Can't remember did you do a HAL cruise? We are on the Westerdam Nov 13 B2B

I recognized your screen name immediately and remember our coversation around the kiddie pool quite well. It is good to hear from you again. We are also about to take another Princess cruise. This time on the Diamond Princess next month - Singapore to Sydney.

We have sailed with HAL one time - on the Noordam. A link to that review is in my signature. We had a great time and HAL is a great line -I know you will enjoy the Westerdam. Have a great cruise!

Jack

Sailor Jack (and Sailor Jill) add me to the long list of your admirers. Thank you for taking time to repost the photos ... I thought it was my computer on the fritz.

I, too, love the Amalfi Coast ... when I was there we had to stop and let a gaggle of goats pass in front of us...that area is truly Paradise and makes me wonder why my grandparents left to come to New York (although I love NY!).

Truly appreicate your efforts ...

Glad you enjoyed the "review".:) No goats for us along the Amalfi coast, but like you we had a great time. As to NY vs Amalfi - hmmmmmm.:cool:

Sailor Jack-

I just re-read this review, and laughed as hard this time as when I originally read it. Some things will never grow old or stale. Your cruise reviews will always top that list!

Thanks for the updated photos.

TL:)

Glad you still found it humorous. Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Jack

We have actually been looking at Oceana, but not at the TA. If we do, however, I will let you know which room to send the Grand Marnier.:D

Jack

We are Grand Marnier drinkers too! If I see that you join us on our Oceana TA thread for the Riviera, I'll be sure to send you that bottle on the cruise. ;)

Thanks for the wonderfully entertaining review. I loved it!

Glad you enjoyed it....I enjoyed writing it!:)

We are Grand Marnier drinkers too! If I see that you join us on our Oceana TA thread for the Riviera, I'll be sure to send you that bottle on the cruise. ;)

It's a deal! And I will even share it with you.:D

Jack

• 2 months later...

In response to those who have expressed some sympathy for SailorJill, I offer the following evidence that she can hold her own. Pictured below is one of her Christmas gifts to me this year...a Gamal Christmas tree ornament that she says will now hang on our tree everyyear!:eek::eek:

2444056160106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

In response to those who have expressed some sympathy for SailorJill, I offer the following evidence that she can hold her own. Pictured below is one of her Christmas gifts to me this year...a Gamal Christmas tree ornament that she says will now hang on our tree everyyear!:eek::eek:

2444056160106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

LOL!! Looks like Sailor Jill has a great sense of humor!! Anymore reviews coming our way?

Happy New Year Sailor Jack & Jill.

We will be on the Grand Princess Jan 14th B2B. Enjoyed the Westerdam.

Ontario Cruiser

And a Happy New Year to you and yours. I envy your upcoming cruise - less than two weeks away now!:) I wish I could be sailing with you again, but sadly we have nothing planned as of yet. We will probably do a 7 day get-a-way cruise in early February, but have not yet booked anything.

Have a great cruise!

Jack

Archived