Who remembers the "doc dance"?

GaNavy

Nothing wrong with Funpasses and such..... but return with me to those golden days of yesteryear.....like 2007....remember when your cruise ticket used to come in the mail? It sure got me dancin'!

You know the steps even if you never did the dance!

Back even further, I remember having to go to the TA's office to pick up tickets. Princess used to put theirs in pocketed plastic folios that included a guide to shore excursions and some shopping promos - a pretty elaborate package, must have cost some bucks to create. Carnival's were a lot plainer, more like what airplane tix used to be before e-tickets.

Somehow, printing them out on the ol' inkjet just isn't the same......nor is the dance........

But cruising is as much fun as ever - I hope your next one is great!

I am like you, I couldn't wait for my TA to call and say our cruise docs were ready to be picked up. I would run right down to get them, than I would take quality time to read and fill everything out correctly. I really miss the doc dance, this is our first cruise since they stopped mailing out the cruise docs. :(

We sail on the 28th of Nov. and I am in no hurry to print out our fun passes or luggage tags.

I miss doing the doc dance too. I was able to do it for 17 out of 19 cruises and it was such fun! It's crazy now that they charge $25. But then again, I remember the hard copies of the plane tickets and when I first had to use an e-ticket, I was like *****? Will I really be able to get on the plane with a piece of paper..lol..and had that same feeling for getting on the ship. It's just not the same, however it won't stop me from cruising some more...LOL...welcome to the 21st century..LOL

"Who remembers the "doc dance"?"

Just a foggy memory. I only had to wait for my documents to be sent to me on my first Carnival cruise. The rest have all been downloadable. Honestly, I don't see the big deal about having to wait for someone to send me the documents. I like being able to print them out on demand.

That's the dance people do when they graduate medical school, right?

Yep, right before they go on their graduation cruise! :D

"Who remembers the "doc dance"?"

Just a foggy memory. I only had to wait for my documents to be sent to me on my first Carnival cruise. The rest have all been downloadable. Honestly, I don't see the big deal about having to wait for someone to send me the documents. I like being able to print them out on demand.

Yeah, like I said, nothing wrong with Funpasses and other e-docs, they certainly get the job done! :) And there was always a little anxiety over whether the tickets would come, or at least whether they'd come before I got nervous about it, but remember, these were the days before you could do much of anything online, so the doc package included all this other stuff you could use for planning. Carnival's docs weren't very elaborate so it wasn't quite as big a deal with them, but Princess and the Norway sent out packages that made you feel special weeks before you boarded.

Somehow, dancing in front of an inkjet just isn't the same.

Oh yes. I had become very fond of the doc dance. I was finally getting really good at it too.

It's very frustrating trying to teach my inkjet the steps. It's very slow to catch on.

Oh well, those were the days. :rolleyes:

racegrrrl - love your sig, but isn't "Moneymaker Racing" an oxymoron? (You know the old joke, 'how do you make a small fortune racing?' 'start with a large fortune.')

Anjanu - yeah my inkjet has been prettly slow to catch on, too, it just sits there and recalibrates.......

Day after tomorrow, I'll be headed for Carnival Freedom and doing the airport dance, sort of like the hokey-pokey, you know - take your left shoe off, keep your ID out, put your laptop here, and you shake it all about......... :confused::eek::o

Ah yes, good times. That was fun to have that little book with the tickets in them. And you used to get REAL luggage tags! Remember those? I'm pretty sure you can still get a hard copy ticket for a fee, just like you can get e-tickets turned into hard copies for a cost. But then again, back in the day you could lose the real things:).

Yep, remeber the doc dance very well. We still have past old cruise hard docs from Proncess, Disney and Carnival. The ones where you tore out the color luggage tags and had all hte fine print to read :) The good old days. Cruises cost more then it seemed.

Now living here we can take advantage of pack and go rates. This weekend sailing on the 6th a 5 night out of Tampa inside was avaailable as of yeterday for $179.00/pp :eek:

I'll print my own for those rates ;)

I remember the doc dance!!! I agree it's not the same with the funpass!

Even though I have 66 days to go for my cruise, I did the doc dance when I printed them from funpass... then I did the OBC dance, when I saw my OBC showed up.... when I print my luggage tags, I will do the tag dance....... I think I will spread out the printing of my tags so I can dance several more times before I cruise!!! LOL

Archived