Busted on the Facination

paradoc1

Yeah, and a comment. I don't want to be annoyed with standing in a line 50 cruisers long on embarkment day just to retrieve my bottles of REAL shampoo/creme rinse and mouthwash.

Are the bag checkers smart enough to open the bottles, take a sniff of what's inside, conclude you are not smuggling, and then put the bag in the area to be brought to the proper cabin? Or do I need to have a separate carry on for anything in a bottle (large or small bottles) at this point at JAX?

I really wouldn't worry about it;)

I really wouldn't worry about it;)
You know, you are right. I'll just send the old man to wait in the 50+ line at the naughty room (never heard that before today) while I sit in the Serenity Now! area with the drink of the day. :D

Yeah, and a comment. I don't want to be annoyed with standing in a line 50 cruisers long on embarkment day just to retrieve my bottles of REAL shampoo/creme rinse and mouthwash.

Are the bag checkers smart enough to open the bottles, take a sniff of what's inside, conclude you are not smuggling, and then put the bag in the area to be brought to the proper cabin? Or do I need to have a separate carry on for anything in a bottle (large or small bottles) at this point at JAX?

I wonder, if there is an unbroken seal on those items - would that help allay suspicion?

On our last cruise (Valor in Sep at Miami) we carried on a 3 liter box wine purchased in Florida (we fly in)in a carryon. I was asked to open it after it scanned. It took a while for them to figure out what to do.Eventually they said we were allowed 1.75l each and since there were 2 of us we could have 3.5l and this was only 3l. We used to bring 5l but this time didn't feel like lugging it around for a few hours. Wonder what they would have done if we had???

Just don't lock the luggage with the bottles.

I left my piece with the sodas open, intentionally, so they could inspect it if they wanted.

They did and slipped in the note about inspecting our bag and everthing was ok.

The people who get called down are the ones who have to unlock their luggage for security to open.

Bill

I was just going to post the same thing - don't lock your luggage with drinks or toiletries in it and they will just search it and put a note in your bag. That is the way they did ours in August when we were on the Fascination - of course if you remember my post - my husband was furious because they took his $5.00 margaritta mixer and refused to give it back even though it was sealed and said 'NON ALCOHOLIC' across the top - we had purchased a $40.00 bottle fo tequila and had nothing but the salt that they let stay in the bag to go with it :( but at least they didn't call us to a naughty room.

Two theories...one- if we cant carry liquids on a plane because of possible bomb threats......maybe that's why they don't want liquid being brought on a ship? And two- Carnival is relativly an inexpensisive cruise experience, they make the money on booze, and gambling and a small amount on shore excursions, so maybe we should suck it up and buy the booze on board, and not worry about what we can't smuggle.... just ideas....

I think if I was still drinking I would try to smuggle, but once you do without booze for 20+ years, and you realize that life is just as much fun without it, then smuggling wouldn't be a topic at all....:rolleyes:

Two theories...one- if we cant carry liquids on a plane because of possible bomb threats......maybe that's why they don't want liquid being brought on a ship? And two- Carnival is relativly an inexpensisive cruise experience, they make the money on booze, and gambling and a small amount on shore excursions, so maybe we should suck it up and buy the booze on board, and not worry about what we can't smuggle.... just ideas....

I think if I was still drinking I would try to smuggle, but once you do without booze for 20+ years, and you realize that life is just as much fun without it, then smuggling wouldn't be a topic at all....:rolleyes:

No rule against carring liquids on board.....

On our last cruise (Valor in Sep at Miami) we carried on a 3 liter box wine purchased in Florida (we fly in)in a carryon. I was asked to open it after it scanned. It took a while for them to figure out what to do.Eventually they said we were allowed 1.75l each and since there were 2 of us we could have 3.5l and this was only 3l. We used to bring 5l but this time didn't feel like lugging it around for a few hours. Wonder what they would have done if we had???
Carnival employees don't even know their own rules! :rolleyes: You are allowed 0.75L (750ml) of wine per adult, not 1.75L.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage.

Oh my, for the good old days when you got on the ship in San Juan and could take as much booze as you could put in your carry on bag. Oh well, we plan to leave the booze at home and just suck it up and buy the bottle on the ship. There is the bucket of beer option too. I agree that Carnival is much cheaper than the other lines and even if you pay 40 a bottle, you're still far ahead. I am curious if the poster might be right about the security issues. I would suggest no one bring on a printer cartridge.

Libtrek

Archived