Carnival's Future Cruise Credit Program

ERICnLISA

Does anyone have a link to information on this program???

We are cruising on the Inspiration at Thanksgiving and looking at booking the Freedom in April for Spring Break. Assuming that the current rate stays the same, what are the advantages to waiting and getting a future cruise credit voucher (if even available on the Inspiration) and booking when we return?? Also, can they be used with a Military Rate?? :confused:

Any info would be appreciative..... Thanks

Does anyone have a link to information on this program???

We are cruising on the Inspiration at Thanksgiving and looking at booking the Freedom in April for Spring Break. Assuming that the current rate stays the same, what are the advantages to waiting and getting a future cruise credit voucher (if even available on the Inspiration) and booking when we return?? Also, can they be used with a Military Rate?? :confused:

Any info would be appreciative..... Thanks

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx :)

If you're going to buy the FCC, you can also book that cruise on the ship and get the same OBC, plus two coupons good for 60 days for family and friends to also get the OBC on the same cruise. They can get you the same rates on board as you can get doing it yourself online.

Just another way to do it.

Also, even though they say the FCC can not be used on a cruise that is already booked, they don't check and many people are using them that way. The people on the Glory even told me that they don't check on when you booked, just so there is a booking number so they can apply the credit.

• 1 month later...

Ok my husband bought one of these FCC. He paid $100. We are going to send it tp see of they apply it to the cruise we already had booked for Feb. So if I'm reading it right we should be given $200. onboard credit. Am I correct?

Ok my husband bought one of these FCC. He paid $100. We are going to send it tp see of they apply it to the cruise we already had booked for Feb. So if I'm reading it right we should be given $200. onboard credit. Am I correct?

The OBC depends on the length of the cruise... what cruise did you book?

If its a 7 day, usually $100 that you paid is applied to the final payment and $100 OBC .. but Iv been given the choice on a late book to take the whole $200 as OBC .. but $100 is my own $100 I paid.

If its a shorter cruise, then you get less OBC.

From the above link.

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* per stateroom.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit

I just purchased a certificate to use on a future cruise. Did not see the note about "single occupancy" :rolleyes: since I am paying for 2 to sail as a single I think this is not right! I was so happy with all of the other changes Carnival has made I am writing a letter of appreciation. I will mention this in my letter. Wish me luck. By the way the deposit for singles has now changed too. You must now pay full deposit for 2 instead of 1. So why cut my credit?

I just purchased a certificate to use on a future cruise. Did not see the note about "single occupancy" :rolleyes: since I am paying for 2 to sail as a single I think this is not right! I was so happy with all of the other changes Carnival has made I am writing a letter of appreciation. I will mention this in my letter. Wish me luck. By the way the deposit for singles has now changed too. You must now pay full deposit for 2 instead of 1. So why cut my credit?

One person said they had to .. Im not convinced it wasnt just that one time, that its actually a policy. My friend called up and they wanted deposit for 2, she asked and they said ok, you can just pay one deposit.. if they had pushed or called back, they might have gotten a different answer. I would not take one person's experience as a policy change.

I have also been told now we can get the full OBC for FCC .. but not for stock. Stock is still on a per person basis. I have a ES booking, the other person will be a no show later this month. Im told they could take $25 of the $50 (5 day) OBC away once Im on board.

One person said they had to .. Im not convinced it wasnt just that one time, that its actually a policy. My friend called up and they wanted deposit for 2, she asked and they said ok, you can just pay one deposit.. if they had pushed or called back, they might have gotten a different answer. I would not take one person's experience as a policy change.

I have also been told now we can get the full OBC for FCC .. but not for stock. Stock is still on a per person basis. I have a ES booking, the other person will be a no show later this month. Im told they could take $25 of the $50 (5 day) OBC away once Im on board.

When I booked yesterday my PVP said there was a change and I must pay deposit for two. I trust him, I have been using him for years. (he said it keeps changing on the deposit amount, which I don't mind - less to pay at final)

He then explained the half cruise credit for the FCC and encouraged me to write CCL since they are now charging double everything for all singles. As of yesterday it was still just half credit for singles and that just doesn't seem right. But if they want to keep using my money, they better make it fair all the way around.

FCC is combinable with the stock OBC so that is a good thing, but still.... I'm writing because I also have a lot of good things to say about some of the changes. This is the one bad so maybe I will be successful. I have noticed with the changes that Carnival is listening!!

If we purchase our FCC in Feb. and get 2 to take home...Are the people who book within 60 days to travel on a future cruise with us going to receive the $100. OBC for a 7 day cruise FREE? We have bought and used them before, but never booked onboard.

Assuming you mean you are going to book onboard, not bring your FCC home to use .. yes, the friends and family certs, get the same OBC you do, and they have to book the exact same cruise you booked.

Theirs are free.

The OBC depends on the length of the cruise... what cruise did you book?

If its a 7 day, usually $100 that you paid is applied to the final payment and $100 OBC .. but Iv been given the choice on a late book to take the whole $200 as OBC .. but $100 is my own $100 I paid.

If its a shorter cruise, then you get less OBC.

From the above link.

some more new info I just learned about the future cruise certs

the wife and i each bought 1 cert in each name we can each use for our next cruise in the same room so a 7 day cruise is 200 obc and 200 off the room too cool travel agent told me this

some more new info I just learned about the future cruise certs

the wife and i each bought 1 cert in each name we can each use for our next cruise in the same room so a 7 day cruise is 200 obc and 200 off the room too cool travel agent told me this

I think you were misinformed. Only one FCC can be used per cabin. I think this is a misunderstanding .. sorry. I wouldnt believe that TA as a source. TAs are just people like the rest of us. They get things wrong too.

These are confusing to me. :o Sorry if this question has already been answered...

Dh and I are taking our four girls on a cruise in August 2012. I wanted to purchases two certificates while on board the Fascination at the end of this month. One for each of us, and we just planned on each booking the same cruise (one adult and two children in each cabin...getting connecting OV cabins). Can I do that? Or will each certificate be in my name? Is there a better way we can do this? We'd like to be able to do it where we each have $100 OBC when we take our family cruise.

These are confusing to me. :o Sorry if this question has already been answered...

Dh and I are taking our four girls on a cruise in August 2012. I wanted to purchases two certificates while on board the Fascination at the end of this month. One for each of us, and we just planned on each booking the same cruise (one adult and two children in each cabin...getting connecting OV cabins). Can I do that? Or will each certificate be in my name? Is there a better way we can do this? We'd like to be able to do it where we each have $100 OBC when we take our family cruise.

If both you and your husband are onboard, just purchase one in each name.

You cannot purchase one for someone not on the cruise .. sorry if Im a little confused.

If both you and your husband are onboard, just purchase one in each name.

You cannot purchase one for someone not on the cruise .. sorry if Im a little confused.

Bummer! :( He will not be with me, which means I can only get one. I would LOVE to be able to book my cruise at that time so that he could get the $100 OBC without having to buy a FCC, but Carnival has not released the August 2012 cruises. :(:(:(

Although we were told we could combine with the military rate on-board, you can not use the FCC with the military rate :(.

I purchased 2 certificates, and when I tried to use one, Carnival told me they were not combinable with the military rate. I sent both certificates back, and I was credited for the original $200.00 on my AMEX. They must have my card number on file :eek: as I wasn't asked to submit my number.

Archived