Finally, doing the document dance

JaniceB

The documents for our 3/19 cruise on the Zaandam arrived Monday. We should have received them Friday, but no one was home to accept the Fed Ex delivery. My TA did not mention to me that someone had to sign for them. Oh well, we finally have them. I am glad the wait is over and I can't stop dancing or spending money. We went shopping yesterday for spring clothes for our DD's. I was dancing through the mall and the rain home.

25 days till we cruise on our first HAL ship.

oh MAN! I sail the same ship, the week BEFORE you, and I still don't have my documents!!! WWAAAHHH!!!

I admit it, I'm green with envy!! :D

Enjoy that dancing and shopping!

TinaLee (who hopes to be doc dancing soon) :cool:

My DH tried to make me feel better before he went to work at 5:15 AM. He grabbed the docs and started dancing around the floor. He is not much of a dancer so it took my pain away I was laughing so hard. He has led such a sheltered life. I can't wait until I get him on this cruise.:p :p :p :p

I guess you must be packing more than just clothes. I hope we don't look like we packed our house when we arrive at the ship. I am sure the girls will pack more than they will need. After reading some suggested packing list, I might look like I am moving in.

Do you think the weather will be improving in CA anytime soon?

I can't stop dancing and now it is supposed to snow, I hope this is the last storm of the winter.

I guess you must be packing more than just clothes. I hope we don't look like we packed our house when we arrive at the ship. I am sure the girls will pack more than they will need. After reading some suggested packing list, I might look like I am moving in.

Do you think the weather will be improving in CA anytime soon?

I can't stop dancing and now it is supposed to snow, I hope this is the last storm of the winter.

Janice-

Hang in there on the weather, spring is teasing us here. I actually have vowed to pack light this trip and possibly splurge and get a laundry service package!:cool:

Today was absolutely beautiful, it appears spring has sprung after the wild ride yesterday!:rolleyes:

Janice-

Hang in there on the weather, spring is teasing us here. I actually have vowed to pack light this trip and possibly splurge and get a laundry service package!:cool:

Today was absolutely beautiful, it appears spring has sprung after the wild ride yesterday!:rolleyes:

Forgive my ignorance localady, but what is a laundry service package and how much does it cost?

Oh! You scare me! Not with the dancing and happiness but with tha fact that the documents arrived so shortly before your trip...

Got a little nervous here, the first cruise...

We're leaving home 5 days before the cruise... And I would really want to have the docs before that. Way before that...

Please.... Help!

I'm still 291 days away but... better safe than sorry?

/sandra

Forgive my ignorance localady, but what is a laundry service package and how much does it cost?

Not ignorance at all. :) The cost varies by length of cruise I believe but I do know that you can get laundry done for a set price for the entire cruise. Also they may have specials for "as much as you can fit in their laundry bag" deals. I have usually just done it myself at the launderette on board. Thankfully Zaandam does have self serve laundry facilites unlike the Vista ships.:cool:

Dancin' here as well, got our 3/27 docs yesterday. Hope we can still go. DH had a serious stroke last week, they gave him TPA(?) and it reversed the stroke. He's doing fine and his cardiologist said "he is one lucky sob". He's only 56 y/o. He says this will make him stop smoking.

I certainly hope he is better. I had a small stroke 2 years ago and did not stop smoking and then last year I can down with a bad respitory infection. My doc said if I did not stop smoking I would be on oxygen in a month for the rest of my life. That was April 2004, did not have a smoke since. Nocodern CQ works really well. Good luck and on a happy note ONE WEEK FROM TODAY IS MY CRUISE.....ZUIDERDAM.....YEE HAH:p I'm just a dancing around the house.

caxxandra,

Hang in there. We sail April 2 and got a call from our TA on Feb 18. Today is Feb 24 and we are still dancing. Pretty good trick for someone with two left feet.

hcc

Are you kidding me? No documents yet?!?!? Why?!?!?

Is this common amongst Cruiselines or am I just stupid?

I'm use to getting document a the most a month after booking!

Ooooh! Getting nervous herte.

Feeling that it can take several months until I have anything from RCCL saying that I have a cruise?! *shivvers*

But I like the left feet dancing. This will keep my hopes up until it's time for those documents to arrive...

/Sandra

Archived