shore excursions, help please

pcnsgirl

My husband and I are sailing out of N.O. on December 27 for a seven day cruise. The cruise stops in Belize, Isa Rotaan, and Cozumel. I would like to read your suggestions on shore excursions for us.

I have just returned from deployment and we chose to wait and take this New Year's cruise. I definately want it to be our best cruise yet.

Thank you for your help!

There is piles of information in the Ports of Call section here- you might want to start by looking at it. And also check out your Role Call- there are often discussions about excursions and what people are thinking about them.

And welcome back!

First, thank you for your service, and I mean that with all my heart!! Now, as for shore excursions, it will depend upon what type of activities you enjoy. In Belize, there is little to do unless you like water sports; snorkeling, diving, etc. The pier has some shops but very little unique to the country. In Roatan, again, water sports. If you just want to spend time together, spend the $40 and take the chair lift over to Mahogany Bay Beach. The price will get you a clam shell with two lounge chairs, two nice floats and the round trip chair lift. There is a nice bar at the beach. In Coz, again water sports, lying around on the beach, taking a taxi into town and shopping the stores and local market. The latter can be fun if you've never been. The people of Cozumel are very friendly; maybe a little pushy with their wares, but a polite No thank you will end the "bark".

My wife and I were on the Triumph on the Sept 11th cruise. The ship is nice and the crew very accomodating. Have a great week and Bon Voyage.

Captain Ronn

In Roatan it is an easy walk to the beach save your $ 20.

Nice beach and lots of shade so not sure the clamshell is really necessary.

We had a real nice day at the beach in May and cost nothing.

Belize consider cave tubing. We did it with cavetubing.com and had a real nice day.

WELCOME HOME AND THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

in belize, we took a local cab around the island, it was really nice. cab ride not expensive.

we have been to playa mia (via the local tours) 2 times, it was 1/2 what carnival wanted, the driver stayed as long as we wanted. there is a huge tent, food (great drinks and quesadillas), beach games, a rock wall out in the water, water bikes, all included (except food/drinks), also a pool, shower, clean rest rooms. we enjoyed it the first time so much went back again!

like $25pp.

what ever you do, you deserve it!!

thanks again!

audrey

WELCOME HOME AND THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

in belize, we took a local cab around the island, it was really nice. cab ride not expensive.

we have been to playa mia (via the local tours) 2 times, it was 1/2 what carnival wanted, the driver stayed as long as we wanted. there is a huge tent, food (great drinks and quesadillas), beach games, a rock wall out in the water, water bikes, all included (except food/drinks), also a pool, shower, clean rest rooms. we enjoyed it the first time so much went back again!

like $25pp.

what ever you do, you deserve it!!

thanks again!

audrey

Again, thanks to the OP for your service.

To Jersey Girl -- isn't Playa Mia a beach club in Cozumel, or did I miss something? :confused:

Mary, welcome home and thank you for your service to our country!:)

I agree with Tabayana beach in Roatan...or any of the beaches along that stretch. It's a ride to get there, but some of the most awesome scenery up and down the mountain! I would only go to Mahogany Bay if I were trying to save money, as that is a very man-made cruise port type of place. A waste not to see this beautiful island. If you have friends going, or can buddy up with someone in your roll call, I highly recommend using Victor Bodden's tour. You get your own driver for the day and he will take you anywhere you want to go (and wait for you at the beach). $100 for 4 people. They do a fantastic job and you get to learn about the island.

In Belize we love to take a snorkeling excursion and beach break at Bannister Island...beautiful. We had one booked for last week with Ecotours, but it got cancelled because Bannister got damaged by the hurricane. I think it has re-opened now.

In Cozumel, Nachi Cocom is nice and not crowded. All-inclusive. We have also taken the Cozumel Bar Hop bus...lots of fun and you get to see the spectacular East side of the island and their gorgeous beaches. Cahnkanaab Marine Park is also very nice...good snorkeling and you can swim with the dolphins (we LOVED our day there!).

Many options...as has been said, check out the Ports of Call section of the boards and see what feels right for you. Hope you have a great cruise!:D

Archived