Prepare for the Bed Bugs on Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Inspiration left the Port Of Tampa, Florida on Saturday, November 6, 2010 sailing on to Grand Cayman in the Bahamas and Cozumel, Mexico before returning back to Tampa on Thursday November 11.

Inspiration had just left dry dock at Freeport Grand Bahamas Shipyard, where she had been since Sunday October 24, 2010. This was the first cruise since the two weeks of dry dock.

But they've been butted up next to other people's bags on the airplane and in the holding bins of the ship until they get to you.

Very true! Didn't even think of that. But maybe I can suffocate the little buggers in the 9 days my suitcases will be under the cabin beds!:p:D

At least we should thank OP for providing several weeks of amusement. The way he begins each post with "I just want to inform cruisers" and then swings over to his apparent real purpose, that alone is worth the effort of reading the thread.:)

Just don't forget his most powerful evidence: The porter told him it was a bed bug! What would have made it absolutely perfect, for mystery novel buffs anyway, would be if he claimed: The butler told him.

Bill:):)

Carnival Corporation was uninterested in my complaint and refused to inspect or treat our belongings before me and my friend disembarked the ship.

Carnival pushed the responsibility for treating our clothing and luggage onto me, along with the cost of having an exterminator who specialized in non-toxic treatments help us to prevent the infestation of bed bugs in our homes.

im going dec 11th to 16th out of tampa but would like to go dec 6th to 11th back to back if i could find a roommate its only 199 each for interior cabin, would you like to go with me?

I'm getting a NO on that, but maybe you can use the compensation Carnival already gave you for the cruise. That is, if Royal will accept it. :D

Carnival Corporation was uninterested in my complaint and refused to inspect or treat our belongings before me and my friend disembarked the ship.

Carnival pushed the responsibility for treating our clothing and luggage onto me, along with the cost of having an exterminator who specialized in non-toxic treatments help us to prevent the infestation of bed bugs in our homes.

You know what Tom I am glad they are unintrested in your complaint I admit it is on their ship but like I said earlier you could have done it yourself and nobody wants to go with you. for now I give You my best wishes Sincerely Yours Nick

Your complaint was unwarranted, and you expectations certainly are, but Carnival compensated you anyway. I wish they would not have.

Your overreaction IS your problem, not Carnival's. You are, were, and forever will be entitled to nothing more.

I suspect you will think Carnival owes you a new computer keyboard once you wear your current one out.

Your complaint was unwarranted, and you expectations certainly are, but Carnival compensated you anyway. I wish they would not have.

Your overreaction IS your problem, not Carnival's. You are, were, and forever will be entitled to nothing more.

I suspect you will think Carnival owes you a new computer keyboard once you wear your current one out.

You are absolutely right and Tom get over it.

You are absolutely right and Tom get over it.

He needs to, but won't.

His complaint continues to read of an advertisement - Eco-friendly? The only thing that means in the context of the product he is hawking is that it contains nothing the EPA currently has a warning on (e.g. peppermint oil). It also continues to read like a shakedown to me.

But why continue hawking "eco-friendly"? Pure water is eco-friendly, but if you drink enough of it, in a short period of time, you will die. Who cares about bed bugs? I've never heard of anyone dieing from a bed bug bite.

As most of us know, Carnival does read Internet cruise boards. They probably already know his identity (assuming the story is for real). Any and all of his posts (deleted or not), can, and perhaps will, be used against him, if he wishes to continue pushing his luck.

Good for Carnival!

He needs to, but won't.

His complaint continues to read of an advertisement - Eco-friendly? The only thing that means in the context of the product he is hawking is that it contains nothing the EPA currently has a warning on (e.g. peppermint oil). It also continues to read like a shakedown to me.

But why continue hawking "eco-friendly"? Pure water is eco-friendly, but if you drink enough of it, in a short period of time, you will die. Who cares about bed bugs? I've never heard of anyone dieing from a bed bug bite.

As most of us know, Carnival does read Internet cruise boards. They probably already know his identity (assuming the story is for real). Any and all of his posts (deleted or not), can, and perhaps will, be used against him, if he wishes to continue pushing his luck.

You are right again . And tom you really need to get over it no mater how much pictures you got.

This whole story appears like a scam to me.

This person knows they have a bed bug problem in there house, goes on a cruise, plants the bug on a robe, takes video, complains to Carnival, calls the news when they don't get what they want, and now wants Carnival to pay for there house extermination.

Yep sounds like a scam to me.

If they didn't know before, they certainly do now...

Archived