Impressing my Husband, 1st time cruiser

slmwo

My hubby and I will be sailing on the Destiny in January. This is my 4th cruise, but the most recent cruise was 10 years ago. This is my husband's first cruise. I'm looking for hints/advice in making sure he has a wonderful time, while making sure I look like I know what I'm doing ;). Thanks!!

My hubby and I will be sailing on the Destiny in January. This is my 4th cruise, but the most recent cruise was 10 years ago. This is my husband's first cruise. I'm looking for hints/advice in making sure he has a wonderful time, while making sure I look like I know what I'm doing ;). Thanks!!

Get a balcony room and pull off your own magic under the stars!

If he is a first time cruiser, he will likely be vastly impressed by the ship itself so mostly it's a matter of letting him enjoy all there is to offer. However, I do know some men (I'm not one of them) who cannot stand the "confinement" of a cruise ship (no matter how large) and if he is one of those, it's best to focus on the activities off the ship, the shore excursions that may interest him. It all comes down to the things he likes and would find interesting but for most first-timers, the ship's the thing.

First of all, welcome to CC. Here are my hints: slowly start showing him websites with pics/videos of the ship, and all the excursion options. Don't try to talk to him about your worries, however, because that will make him think that there is something to worry about (contrary to popular CC belief, there isn't). Just have fun: I'm sure your husband will love it!!!;)

PS: If he is a food lover, show him some sample dinner menus, that will get him interested!

We're just off the Destiny last month and we did the Chef's Table. If you're a foodie even a little bit, it's well worth it. D & I have decided we'll do it every cruise from now on - even if the menu never changes!:D

He may not like the idea that you are an expert and he a newbie. Perhaps you might consider learning together about this- especially since it has been 10 years since you cruised. Guide him to excursions, but both of you come up with ideas. Maybe work your magic not just under the stars but in things that will ensure the he enjoy the cruise without it being too obvious- a great room, the Chef's Table, both will help him to enjoy the cruise a lot.

My husband really enjoyed getting a message as well as going to the Steak House. if you think your husband would enjoy doing those things then I would book them without him knowing and surprise him. Also, make sure to point out things on the daily activity sheet that you think he would like to do. For instance knowing my husband likes dodge ball I made sure I mentioned it was happening and that we would be available when it was offered (even if it meant I missed out on something I would like to do). He appreciated me taking his enjoyment into consideration.

Archived