Pop Quiz Time!

DryCreek

OK, just three more days until we head out to Galveston for our 11/27 departure on the Ecstasy. I have learned a lot since I came here to "get smart". OK, lets take a quiz and see how I do..

1 - Boarding Passes (Fun Passes) printed.

2 - Copies of Passports made and placed into checked luggage.

3 - Passports and Passport Cards stored with cruise docs.

4 - Luggage tags printed out with cruise docs.

5 - Rum Runners stuffed into dress boots and placed near wheels of rolling duffel bags.

6 - Copy of motel reservation printed out.

7 - Copy of prepaid parking at Galveston Park - N - Cruise printed out.

8 - Can't seem to find a receipt from the Bon Voyage order - minus 1.

9 - Cruise Critic door sign printed out (fill in screen name later).

10 - Wine (750 ml) and 12 cans of mixers per person in one of the carryon bags.

11 - Contact information left for house/cattle/dogs/cat sitter.

True - the MDR will not be open for lunch on departure and port days.

False - I don't have to dress up on the second night for dinner in the MDR.

True - it is spelled "Progreso", unlike the soup.

True - smoking is allowed on the starboard side of the ship (and in your staterooms).

False - it won't cost any more than at home if I inadvertently answer my cell phone while out of range of land-based American towers.

True - you can order some pasta dishes as an appetizer, or order more than one entree.

And finally - FALSE - Carnival can control the weather at my destination or while en route.

Well, teachers, I am waiting for my grade..:p

I never knew you could smoke in your stateroom! Learn something new every day. Is this just the Ecstasy?

Nope I believe it is all of the fleet, but no smoking in the Spa Cabins....

Weird, I never have smelled smoke in any of the cabins I have been in...

not even the cabin crawls, and I know the people in them were smokers...must have just smoked on the balcony.

I never knew you could smoke in your stateroom! Learn something new every day. Is this just the Ecstasy?

Smoking in the cabins are allowed except for SPA category rooms.

Studying paid off you got all the answers.

But I could only give you an A due to

5 - Rum Runners stuffed into dress boots and placed near wheels of rolling duffel bags.

Should just say packed we wouldn't want anyone to call you into the naughty room at the cruise terminal because they new right were to look.

Copy of luggage tags inside suitcase on top in case you gutted ripped off during loading. This way if they open your suitcase to determine who it belongs to your backup luggage tags are in plain sight.... Don't forget to pack half and half. Half your stuff in your suitcase and half in your partners and visa versa. This way even if a suitcase is lost you got half your stuff

Copy of luggage tags inside suitcase on top in case you gutted ripped off during loading. This way if they open your suitcase to determine who it belongs to your backup luggage tags are in plain sight.... Don't forget to pack half and half. Half your stuff in your suitcase and half in your partners and visa versa. This way even if a suitcase is lost you got half your stuff

This is one of the smartest things Ive learned..certainly cruising has changed over the yrs and back up clothes are alot easier these days with Walmarts and Kmarts at some of the ports. Although it takes a bit more time to pack I alway mix and match out suitccases so that we have at least a few full outfits in each suitcase. Then I always do a small carryon with a few days clothes. You never know when that suitcase will be gone forever and I dont want it to be when Im getting on a cruise for 7 days.

Correct answers below:

OK, just three more days until we head out to Galveston for our 11/27 departure on the Ecstasy. I have learned a lot since I came here to "get smart". OK, lets take a quiz and see how I do..

1 - Boarding Passes (Fun Passes) printed. - Correct

2 - Copies of Passports made and placed into checked luggage. - Incorrect put in your carry on luggage

3 - Passports and Passport Cards stored with cruise docs. - One or the other no need for both

4 - Luggage tags printed out with cruise docs. - Don't bother get good ones from the porters at the pier

5 - Rum Runners stuffed into dress boots and placed near wheels of rolling duffel bags. - Good luck but they are likely to be found

6 - Copy of motel reservation printed out. - Correct

7 - Copy of prepaid parking at Galveston Park - N - Cruise printed out. - OK

8 - Can't seem to find a receipt from the Bon Voyage order - minus 1. - Not needed

9 - Cruise Critic door sign printed out (fill in screen name later). - Definitely incorrect door decoration are a big negative

10 - Wine (750 ml) and 12 cans of mixers per person in one of the carryon bags. - OK

11 - Contact information left for house/cattle/dogs/cat sitter. -OK

True - the MDR will not be open for lunch on departure and port days. - OK

False - I don't have to dress up on the second night for dinner in the MDR. - True you do not have to dress up for dinner any night in the MDR

True - it is spelled "Progreso", unlike the soup. - So

True - smoking is allowed on the starboard side of the ship (and in your staterooms). - Maybe on some ships it is on the port side and ion cabins, certain inside spaces and on your balcony

False - it won't cost any more than at home if I inadvertently answer my cell phone while out of range of land-based American towers. - It might and it mught not, it depends on your company and your plan, mine costs the same anywhere in the Caribbean, but not on the ship

True - you can order some pasta dishes as an appetizer, or order more than one entree. - You can order as much or as little of anything, but if you order pasta as an appetizer it is not going to be a small portion

And finally - FALSE - Carnival can control the weather at my destination or while en route.

Well, teachers, I am waiting for my grade..:p

Grade - Clearly a newbie but you are learning and will realize soon that you are over planning

Here's another hint I got off of these boards. I took a sheet of paper, wrote our last name, address and phone number (with area code) then took a picture of it with our camera. It's the first picture on there and if we lost our camera someone would know where to return it to.

Have a great cruise!

Archived