On Board Credits for $599 Millenium???

frugal one

Okay folks - you're the ones with the information. I always come here to cruise critic to look for the scoop.

I've been reading all of your posts on OBC (on board credits) that you all get from your travel agents. I booked the Millennium cruise for 11 nights from San Juan on 12/13/10 last night for $599 per person.

Is this such a good deal that no matter what, we won't get OBCs if we transfer to a travel agent? And if we do transfer, how the heck to do find an appropriate agent? Do you use one of the many offers out there? Or do you use someone local? Is it even worth it considering the low low price of our cruise?

What category are you in?

We are in the bowels of the ship. It's an inside. Hubby & I spend all of our $$$ on excursions. We've taken several previous cruises with Celebrity but the free upgrade balcony cabins have all been taken.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Yep, it's too late to trnasfer. And yep, there wouldn't have been much commission to work with!!! You all rock here at Cruise Critic.

Getting really excited to swim with turtles and eat amazing food and get great service!

We are in the bowels of the ship. It's an inside. Hubby & I spend all of our $$$ on excursions. We've taken several previous cruises with Celebrity but the free upgrade balcony cabins have all been taken.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Yep, it's too late to trnasfer. And yep, there wouldn't have been much commission to work with!!! You all rock here at Cruise Critic.

Getting really excited to swim with turtles and eat amazing food and get great service!

What free upgrade balcony cabins...

I think we may be sharing the "bowels" together...

Were you able to pick a room or did you get a GTY?

We got a GTY and they picked the room for us.

I am wondering if we can request a change to a "free upgrade" of the inside cabins.

I think we may be sharing the "bowels" together...

Were you able to pick a room or did you get a GTY?

We got a GTY and they picked the room for us.

I am wondering if we can request a change to a "free upgrade" of the inside cabins.

We are on deck 2 on Millie leaving San Juan Jan. 3rd, inside cabin. We picked our room ourselves and got the $599 pp rate. Glad to finally read that there will be other CC members on our "floor".

We are on deck 2 on Millie leaving San Juan Jan. 3rd, inside cabin. We picked our room ourselves and got the $599 pp rate. Glad to finally read that there will be other CC members on our "floor".

I think the OP said they were leaving on the 13th of Dec. ...?

BTW, if you got $599 for Jan 3 that is a DEAL!!

I haven't see any at that price or even close to it for that date.

Enjoy !

Frugal one, did you get to pick your own room for that price or was that the GTY as listed? I am curious to know if you can ask to upgrade a GTY to a specific room that is still vacant in the same category. Anybody know?

Archived