Excursion question

trav25

We have contacted Patrick regarding a 3/4 day with him in Bora Bora for the one full day we are there. For the other days we are there, I can't figure out on the website how to choose an excursion on a specific day. I can call but thought I would ask for suggestions.

Side note: It is our anniversary while we are in Bora Bora. We are thinking about a good restaurant on Bora Bora. Is this easily done? Any suggestions?

We have contacted Patrick regarding a 3/4 day with him in Bora Bora for the one full day we are there. For the other days we are there, I can't figure out on the website how to choose an excursion on a specific day. I can call but thought I would ask for suggestions.

Side note: It is our anniversary while we are in Bora Bora. We are thinking about a good restaurant on Bora Bora. Is this easily done? Any suggestions?

Bloody Mary's. Be prepared to be shocked by the prices.:D

The ship's dining rooms are so good, why spend the money on shore? I've not dined at Bloody Mary's, maybe the food is great, but the ambience is very touristy, in my opinion. You might want to try looking over at http://www.tahiti-explorer.com/forums and look at the Bora Bora sub-forum and do a search.

The Bloody Mary drinks on ship especially the ones made by Randy at the pool bar are better than the ones served indifferently and expensively at Bloody Mary's bar. We went the first time because a co passenger wanted to purchase a tee shirt for a friend. The second time we stopped while biking for a pit stop and drank a beer. The only highlight was when a group of drag queens came by for a photo shoot! Maybe the vibe is different at night but I would stroll in to satisfy your curiousity and leave.

Have you gone to Paul Gauguin's website - www.pgcruises.com? All the excursions are listed there with detailed explanations. If you want to book any of them, here are two suggestions:

1. Tell your travel agent what you are interested in and get his/her input; then let your TA book your excursions for you.

2. Register on the Paul Gauguin website. You will need your confirmation number. Then book your excursions yourself.

Registered and the website would not let us book excursions. Called Paul G. and they said some people have been having trouble with it so they took our reservations. Didn't want to trouble them with a call.

If you are a foodie, and are looking for a 4 star 'french tahitian experience' ala Eric Rippert, Susar Lee, Grant Achatz etc, VILLA MAHANA is absolutley wonderful, however with only 8 tables, dining in the chef-owner's house, hard to get into....2 Tasting menu's, some al a carte choices

If you are looking for an 'American' seafood tourist experience, Bloody Mary's is cool, fresh fish, funky atmosphere, great fresh red tuna, best served only seared

Finally if you are looking a special lunch with the most amazing view, Le Matira beach is too die for, best Poison cru on the Island, but a complete waste if you're gonna have a hamburger, if ya get my drift - lol, just not sure this is a food dinner choice, cos you can't see the ocean view, nor swim in-between courses - double lol

Hope this helps...

jc

toronto

Thanks! I guess we are foodies. We are looking to get some good seared foie gras. It's looking like the restaurants will send a taxi to get you and then bring you back to the port but you have to go when the taxi is ready with others I think.

Archived