Am I the only one???

rtw68

I'm sure I'm not (hope I'm not).

We are 23 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes, and 27 seconds away from leaving for our first cruise (and first vacation in 5 years). Not that I'm keeping track of the time or anything.... :rolleyes:

This is all I think about, DW thinks I have a screw loose (or at least have O.C.D.) because this cruise is all I think about. I'm like, "Honey check out this review, these pictures, this site, etc, etc ,etc"

I spend as much time as I can on the CC site. :eek:

Now with only that many days left, I'm worried about getting sick, car blowing up, bad weather, and a number of other things I know I can't control.

Should I get professional help??? :o

Nope, you aren't the only one.

Leading up to a cruise, I check and re-check cruise documents, passports, suitcases, dates of the cruise, kennel arrangements for the dogs, etc. I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat about a certain document, rush to find it and realize it is in the packet I have checked a million times. I consider it all part of the fun and anticipation of the adventure to come and wouldn't have it any other way!

Enjoy your cruise!:D:D:D:D:D

We are 23 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes, and 27 seconds away from leaving for our first cruise (and first vacation in 5 years). Not that I'm keeping track of the time or anything.... :rolleyes:

This is all I think about, DW thinks I have a screw loose (or at least have O.C.D.) because this cruise is all I think about. I'm like, "Honey check out this review, these pictures, this site, etc, etc ,etc"

Now with only that many days left, I'm worried about getting sick, car blowing up, bad weather, and a number of other things I know I can't control.

Cruise jitters ;) when your aboard drinking your first DOD.

All the worries just disappear.

Just remember cruise documents ,credit card and or debit card.Some money helps too.PHOTO ID :)

Pretty much anything else you can buy if you forget it.

Have fun ......your gonna be hooked like the rest of us

Cheers

ME TOO!!! Well, this is my 3rd cruise and it's in 34 days but I'm with you on everything else. It's all I think about! Today I have checked cc many times, read through carnival.com, ordered some items online and made my checklists. Every single day I do something.

And today I realized I only have 34 days to enjoy this excitement/anticipation!

Half the fun is getting there....

Guess what - it only gets worse the more cruises you take. lol

I'm going on number 19, in 15 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes, 23, 22, 21 secs.

I think that really is true because now you know about more things to worry about. First cruise you don't know squat so you don't worry about what you don't know about. As someone said before, passport, photo id, credit card, and the clothes on your back. You can live without anything else.

No. The waiting list for professional help with what you have is so long that your cruise will be over before they can get you in. :D

You've GOT professional help! It's called 'CRUISE CRITIC.'

First cruise, tenth cruise, fifteen or twenty it makes little difference. The symptoms are pretty much the same.

Just tell your wife that she'll be the same way on your next cruise once she's found out what it's all about!

:D

The reason for having a travel agent is so he can do the worring and/or

fix your mess-ups.

On one family vacation we were up at 5am to start a trip to Disney.

Cab was coming at 5:30. We had packed and had a prevacation party the night before.

Cab pulls up and we start to leave but can not find any tickets. So at 5:45am I'm in a cab

on my cell phone to my travel agent. At 6:00 travel agent calls and says don't worry I got it.

Just go to american airlines counter tell them who you are and get on plane. In Florida do the

same with Disney's rep. All in all we had less problems eventhough we lost our tickets because

travel agent had called and we got special attention.

so don't worry - be happy :Denjoy your new addiction:D

Bill

Funny, I didn't start doing this until my 2nd cruise. I didn't know what to expect with the 1st one so I was just oblivious to it all. Now I have the same symptoms as everyone. I have an app that tells me how many days, and the mental countdown I do every morning. At least Christmas is keeping my mind off it partially. After the 25th I'll be intolerable.

I fret myself into a meltdown before every cruise. So I feel you pain. And once I'm on the ship, what was the big deal? I don't remember! Like they said. Take a Master Card with a little room on it, and you can buy anything you forgot.

Relax and ENJOY!!!

And Cruise Critic is a great addiction. I can't get facebook at work, so this keeps me entertained. I mean, informed!

Shoot, I'd be going crazy too if I hadn't had a vacation in 5 years.

Passport....credit card....FunPass....maybe some cash.....whatever you're wearing.... like the other posters said, that's all you need - otherwise, if you forgot it, either you can buy it or you didn't really need it.

ENJOY!!! :D:D

The reason for having a travel agent is so he can do the worring and/or

fix your mess-ups.

Or if the TA you used to have (I don't use her anymore) tells you a few days before your cruise that she didn't get enough response for the trip and you're on your own to go the 250 miles down to the port, park, get to the ship, and drive home when you get back.......

I work on cars and think of the many ways a car can leave you stranded while driving to the port. I don't relax till I'm on the plane or have the car parked at the port.

Kim we start planning for the next year as soon as we get back. By we, i don't mean my husband i mean my sister-in-law. The husbands do think we are nuts but that's ok My S-I-L and i know we aren't and we have fun with the planning! You need a couple to go with so you have someone to enable you :D

Don't plan so much that you overplan. I have done that prior to taking vacations in the past, and once I'm in the midst of the vacation it seems I've already been there...done that...because I over researched and lived all the moments "vicariously" through others' reports (knew the menus by heart, looked at all the photos of the ship and ports, read all reports from excursions) before I even left home. Knew what was going to happen almost every moment of every day...not good. Then parts of the actual cruise were almost a letdown. Yes, it is fun planning ahead of time, but it shouldn't be more fun than taking the cruise itself. Leave a few things to be surprised by. Just my humble two cents...

Archived