Passion Island or Nachi Cocom

GoodyearAZguys

Can't decide on which one, taking the catamaran to Passion Island or go to Nachi Cocom. One concern I have is taking a taxi to Nachi Cocom as I have not been to Coz and not sure of the area. Also we want to have time for shopping as well but are in port from 8am to 7pm so have time for both. Any one have suggestions or ideas from their experiences? Thanks

Cozumel is VERY safe. They have a taxi stand walking distance from the port shop area... I am so comfortable that I am going 'solo' there with my 70 yr old Mom in March. It should run you about $15 per couple to travel to Nachi..about 10 minutes. They will call a cab for you at the end of the day.

Never been to Passion Island, but the $50 price tag for an all inclusive day at Nachi was well worth it to us.

There is a review in my signature for Nachi..check out the Freedom review..it's first on the review.

Cozumel is VERY safe. They have a taxi stand walking distance from the port shop area... I am so comfortable that I am going 'solo' there with my 70 yr old Mom in March. It should run you about $15 per couple to travel to Nachi..about 10 minutes. They will call a cab for you at the end of the day.

I'm with you ^^^^.

Seemed very safe while we were there and didn't have any issues with the taxi stand or even wandering around the port area. If it was dangerous the cruisers would complain, the ships would stop coming and everyone would be unemployed so it's in their best interest to make sure everyone has a good time.

Never been to Passion Island, but the $50 price tag for an all inclusive day at Nachi was well worth it to us.

Actual cost would be $65 pp with the taxis however this does not include any additional tipping - I would figure at least $80 pp for the day!

Great thanks for all your input we decided to do Passion Island saw you can take what a speed boat ride on the twister which sounded fun so that ended up being the deciding factor Thanks again!

you will be woo hoooooo!!! all trip...Wei took the isla passion by twister 3weeks ago..we had a blast..nice beach, all drinks, lunch and the speed boat...!!!!!

enjoy!!!! as we did!!!

Nachi Cocom rocks! Well worth the money, especially if there are a bunch of ships in port. They only allow 100 visitors/day, which is a wonderful after being on a cruise ship with so many people. And the price tag does a great job of filtering out riff-raff and undesirables. Trust me, I was skeptical at first but I will always book Nachi whenever we visit Cozumel.

Nachi Cocom rocks! Well worth the money, especially if there are a bunch of ships in port. They only allow 100 visitors/day, which is a wonderful after being on a cruise ship with so many people. And the price tag does a great job of filtering out riff-raff and undesirables. Trust me, I was skeptical at first but I will always book Nachi whenever we visit Cozumel.

Beware the "other ships in port" at Nachi - we were there two weeks ago and had to deal with large group of travelers from Carnival who made good use of the "all you can drink" part of the all inclusive package. Too many tequila shots and Coronas led to a very loud and obnoxious afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

We have done both. Nachi (March 2010)is a nice relaxing place, good food and drinks. Your neighbors can get a little loud depending on how much they drink. But they are on vacation to so i do not blame them.

Taxi ride was about 10 min. A taxi was out front waiting when we were ready to leave. Just tell your server and he will arrange the taxi, if one is not already there.

Passion Island by twister was a blast. If you have neck or back issues do not do the twister,take the cat instead. The drinks and food were good at PI.(booked through Royal Caribbean)

The beach is huge and can easily hold 500 people. The day we were there Thanksgiving weekend 2010 their might have been 50 people at most. Water was calm,clear and sandy bottom.

We are going back to Nachi again this March.

• 3 weeks later...

If you do Carnival's Isla Pasion by Twister do you have to stay on the island for the duration of the excursion (5 hours) or can you leave any time? If you leave do you have to take some type of ferry? I'm planning my first cruise and would like to go to Isla Pasion but I also want to see other parts of Cozumel. Also, are there massages and parsailing on the island?

If you do Carnival's Isla Pasion by Twister do you have to stay on the island for the duration of the excursion (5 hours) or can you leave any time? If you leave do you have to take some type of ferry? I'm planning my first cruise and would like to go to Isla Pasion but I also want to see other parts of Cozumel. Also, are there massages and parsailing on the island?

No you cannot leave early, yes on massages, no on parasailing.

Archived