spring break 2011. when is it?

victoriasmommy

Varies greatly - our DD's school system does not do spring break. Other public primary/secondary school systems in our area -- some have it the week before western rites Easter, other the week after.

Post-secondary will vary. Any time from Mid March to Late April. One local university near me starts March 12 and ends March 21

Ditto -- many, but not all, of our (WI) primary and secondary schools will break the week after Easter this year -- colleges and universities, sooner. Friends in FL and TX with primary and secondary school age kids are out on break anytime between late March and late April. I'd recommend staying away from March and April 2011 to avoid spring breakers of any age. (not sure if you're trying to avoid college crowd or younger kids)

I've been wondering this too...does anyone know when NY/NJ elementary schools go on spring break? we're sailing 3.31.11 and I'm bringing dd with me who is 4...

No consitent dates for elementary schools in NJ, although they are usually the week before or after Easter. Question, why are you only worrying about NY/NJ? Ships sail with people from most states, and a number of foreign countries as well, regardless of where they depart from. I am from NJ and most of us are not like what you see on TV.

As for college, my DD has the first full week of March for her spring break this year. Most of March you will find lots of college kids on board.

No consitent dates for elementary schools in NJ, although they are usually the week before or after Easter. Question, why are you only worrying about NY/NJ? Ships sail with people from most states, and a number of foreign countries as well, regardless of where they depart from. I am from NJ and most of us are not like what you see on TV.

As for college, my DD has the first full week of March for her spring break this year. Most of March you will find lots of college kids on board.

I'm in NJ, and we're out the 3rd week of April (regardless of Easter). And yes, you will find a lot of kids on the ships leaving out of NJ/NY over our breaks - there were over 700 kids onboard during NJEA convention! I don't think this poster was saying anything bad about people from NJ - just that a lot of cruisers who leave from these ports do so because it's convenient. If you have to fly, you might as well leave from Florida, because the cruise price will be less expensive.

I had read that a lot of people from the NY/NJ area sail out of Cape Liberty port, that's all. Actually, I rarely watch tv and when I do its not likely to be a show about people from Jersey. I'm just hoping to find out if there will be a lot of kids on our ship. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

I had read that a lot of people from the NY/NJ area sail out of Cape Liberty port, that's all. Actually, I rarely watch tv and when I do its not likely to be a show about people from Jersey. I'm just hoping to find out if there will be a lot of kids on our ship. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I just continue to hear a lot of negatives on this board about NY/NJ and unfortunately at the time you posted you had no information about the ship you were sailing on (or where from), only the fact that you were leaving on 3/31 with a 4 year old.

As for the other part of my response, you will find that even though you are sailing out of NJ, most of the ship will NOT be from NY/NJ. I have sailed on Explorer and had wonderful table mates from PA, FL and England. Due to the proximity to the NY/NJ airports it is easy for those from Europe to get to as well as many other areas throughout the country.

Sailing in March you will have lots of kids, just don't expect them all to be from NY/NJ. If a state such as Connecticut, Maryland or Delaware happens to have most of their schools off that week, you may get a larger group from that area. Just trying to set expectations as it appeared an odd question to me.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I just continue to hear a lot of negatives on this board about NY/NJ and unfortunately at the time you posted you had no information about the ship you were sailing on (or where from), only the fact that you were leaving on 3/31 with a 4 year old.

As for the other part of my response, you will find that even though you are sailing out of NJ, most of the ship will NOT be from NY/NJ. I have sailed on Explorer and had wonderful table mates from PA, FL and England. Due to the proximity to the NY/NJ airports it is easy for those from Europe to get to as well as many other areas throughout the country.

Sailing in March you will have lots of kids, just don't expect them all to be from NY/NJ. If a state such as Connecticut, Maryland or Delaware happens to have most of their schools off that week, you may get a larger group from that area. Just trying to set expectations as it appeared an odd question to me.

oh my god you read way too much into my post....I stand corrected! I wave the white flag. Peace...

Archived