Clean Blankets???

kkelle17

I did, ask and our steward brought me one. I was in a cat. 11 suite and I thought there would be a duvet with a clean cover, but not so.

On royal they have double sheeted the blankent. (one sheet over the blanket as well as under) If there is a problem getting a clean blanket, you could ask for another sheet and double sheet your blanket. This way all you have against your face is CLEAN SHEET!:D

I'll have the steward take the spread off first thing & ask that it not be put back on. Will also have the blanket double sheated.

I am a little confused about the double sheeted blanket. Is there another blanket on the bed besides the spread?

Did any of you happen to watch "Prime Time" last night? The segment on "what lurks on cruise ships"? omg! absolutely disgusting!! It showed urine and "other" bodily fluids on the blankets, floor, refrigerater door, etc. :eek: I definately will be double sheeting the blanket this cruise. What a thing to watch right before we sail this Sunday. lol

Vicki

You can certainly ask for another blanket. But what makes you think that one has been washed? I try not to worry about these things. Whether I'm on a cruise or in a hotel, I immediately remove the spread for the entire stay (under the bed it goes) and there is always a sheet between me and the blanket.

I am a little confused about the double sheeted blanket. Is there another blanket on the bed besides the spread?

Yes there should be a spread & blanket.Have them take the spread off than ask them to put a sheet on top of the blanket so you only have clean sheets,(hoperfully) touching you.

I have noticed on many cruises of fresh blankets going into rooms on days getting off ports. I generally sleep in late and sneak out of the cabin as late as I can get....I generally see room stewards making up rooms for the new cruise and see brand new blankets folded and they were washed. Also, they do smell clean to me.....its the comforter/bedspreads that you do not want. I always take them off when staying at any hotel or on any cruise and tell the cabin steward to keep them off. :)

As a former flight attendant of nearly twenty-one years, I slept in soooo many different hotel rooms over the years. Something I often did when I felt the blankets and bed spreads/comfortors weren't as "fresh" as I would like . . . I would "accidently" spill a glass of water on my bed prior to bedtime . . . housekeeping alway replaced my "wet" bedding with brand new fresh bedding. Something else I always did . . . when it was a short layover and I was too tired to have everything changed . . . I always put the sheet over the blanket/comfortor. Sheets are changed daily but who knows how often the blankets/comfortors are.

Did any of you happen to watch "Prime Time" last night? The segment on "what lurks on cruise ships"? omg! absolutely disgusting!! It showed urine and "other" bodily fluids on the blankets, floor, refrigerater door, etc. :eek: I definately will be double sheeting the blanket this cruise. What a thing to watch right before we sail this Sunday. lol

Vicki

Welcome to the Real World. As anyone who watches CSI knows, detectable traces of all that yuuck remains pretty much through thick and thin. And that's what it is: detectable traces. (Did they mention that they didn't find living organisms, pathogenic or otherwise?) And that's also what happens when you combine a slow news week with an expense account: a cruise on the station's dime and all you need to do is come up some "story at eleven!"

You have a choice: obsess over it, which is literally the path to madness (can you spell obsessive compulsive disorder?) or try to ignore it and enjoy your stay. Also, know where the real dangers are: a malfunctioning food refrigerator (anywhere in the supply chain, not just on board) scares me more then the millions of little soldiers (that I can't see) that someone left on the bedspread two weeks ago.

As a guest in any lodging you have the expectation to a certain minimum: no stains, no smells, no conditions that can harbor pathogens. Beyond that the goal of every housekeeping staff is to make the guest feel that no one has ever stayed in that room before you.

Your immune system is stronger than you think.

We were on the Triumph 10/04. I'm not used to air conditioning and the cabin felt like an icebox to me, although the other members of party said they were comfortable. I asked our room steward for 4 blankets and he brought them within an hour. So, I don't think there is any problem with you getting one.

Welcome to the Real World. As anyone who watches CSI knows, detectable traces of all that yuuck remains pretty much through thick and thin. And that's what it is: detectable traces. (Did they mention that they didn't find living organisms, pathogenic or otherwise?) And that's also what happens when you combine a slow news week with an expense account: a cruise on the station's dime and all you need to do is come up some "story at eleven!"

You have a choice: obsess over it, which is literally the path to madness (can you spell obsessive compulsive disorder?) or try to ignore it and enjoy your stay. Also, know where the real dangers are: a malfunctioning food refrigerator (anywhere in the supply chain, not just on board) scares me more then the millions of little soldiers (that I can't see) that someone left on the bedspread two weeks ago.

As a guest in any lodging you have the expectation to a certain minimum: no stains, no smells, no conditions that can harbor pathogens. Beyond that the goal of every housekeeping staff is to make the guest feel that no one has ever stayed in that room before you.

Your immune system is stronger than you think.

I agree with you...HOWEVER...I don't think a clean blanket is to much to ask for!

In reality, if a hotel changed its blankets and spreads every time they changed guests, which could be every day, they'd shred their blankets in two months and have to replace them. That's why they don't do it. I just try not to think about it. I try to imagine everyone who has used that pillow and bed are as cleanly as I am. Oh geez - now I'm thinking about it, too. Ewwwww.

Archived