Table size

cruisecriticmember

We prefer a table for 2 (or 3, if we cruise with our son). We love the opportunity to have a nice relaxing dinner alone together.

We're happy to socialize at breakfast and lunch, or to do tours with others. But we like dinner to be our romantic time together.

On the 1st cruise, we elected for a table for 8. I wanted to get to know people and have a fun dinner date. We're not snobs, I just want to have fun.

We sat alone. ALONE

Do you know how humiliating it is to sit a table for 8 with only the two of you?

What happened, do you know? Was the table just not assigned a full complement of diners, or did the others opt for alternative venues?

DH and I took our first solo cruise (no kids) this past February and have another cruise planned for Feb 2011. We are in our late 40s and although we love to meet and greet other cruisers, we enjoy the time together in the evenings. Almost like being on a date again. Don't laugh. We are relaxed. No one screaming Mom or Dad during the meal. It is just us. We share our daily experiences and thoughts. Its great. Now, big question. Last time we booked, we went through a TA and specifically requested table for 2. This time, we booked directly through Celebrity and I do not recall anyone asking me about table size. Is it too late to request a table for 2?

DH and I took our first solo cruise (no kids) this past February and have another cruise planned for Feb 2011. We are in our late 40s and although we love to meet and greet other cruisers, we enjoy the time together in the evenings. Almost like being on a date again. Don't laugh. We are relaxed. No one screaming Mom or Dad during the meal. It is just us. We share our daily experiences and thoughts. Its great. Now, big question. Last time we booked, we went through a TA and specifically requested table for 2. This time, we booked directly through Celebrity and I do not recall anyone asking me about table size. Is it too late to request a table for 2?

Hi, I see your signature says you are sailing at the end of February.

I would call Celebrity and tell them you want a deuce. Not saying it

will be 100% granted but tell them you want them to at least put

the request on your reservation. Then when you get on the ship you

can re-confirm with the Maitr'd:)

Tenzij er natuurlijk nog Vlamingen aan boord zijn...;)

Fortunately I can translate: "A tentmaker and a naturalist brought a flamingo on board as a warning". I hate thread hijackers. The subject has been beat to death.

I like a large table. Gives you someone to yack with between courses.

Hi, I see your signature says you are sailing at the end of February.

I would call Celebrity and tell them you want a deuce. Not saying it

will be 100% granted but tell them you want them to at least put

the request on your reservation. Then when you get on the ship you

can re-confirm with the Maitr'd:)

Thanks Lois. Did just that today.:D

Archived